[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: age_bg_tpp.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
age_bg_tpp.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
What went right
>>
The gameplay, the graphics, the soundtrack.

But above all else, what went the most right is that it pissed off all MGS4fags.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
Nothing.
Like literally nothing about this game makes it unique.
Its a mish mash of different things but with a 'too deep4u' shitty story with little no replayabilty outside of base building.

The multiplayer sucked, the story was half assed and inconsistent and compared to previous titles it lacked any ingenuitity or sense of adventure/reward.
>>
File: 1466811934921.jpg (50 KB, 626x835) Image search: [Google]
1466811934921.jpg
50 KB, 626x835
The cast
>>
>>344980382
I think the game succeeds at providing a sandbox with lots of tools to fuck around with, even if many of those tools are redundant and it also results in a game that's poorly balanced. The game's faults lie in its struggle to provide compelling context and structure.
>>
>>344980382
>What went right
Joosten and Paz

thats about it
>>
>>344980382
everything
goty 2015
>>
>>344980382

nothing

;_;
>>
It's the best metal gear in terms of the level to level gameplay.,
Man on Fire was legitimately intimidating and interesting.
Huey's whole arc of being a secret asshole to a full asshole.
>>
>>344980382
Being sneaky was fun. This was my first MGS game, so I wasn't disappointed like the bulk of /v/.

I have about 60 hours invested in the game, but I still haven't beaten it. I just kidnapped that white soldier kid and never really felt the need to play after that
>>
It's a game where generally when you want to try something creative with your equipment generally what you're thinking will work.
>>
>>344981689
The game is fantastic but falls flat with it's endings where you start to really see where they ran out of time or failed to pay off. So where you are, it's fine to call it a really good game.
>>
>>344980382

Boring open world and repetitive missions
>>
>>344980586
quiet is such a shitty character. Don't use fucking models for characters if they're supposed to be military and for fuck sake don't dress them in a bikini. I couuldn't take her seriously and I honestly felt dirty after almost every scene with her
>>
>>344982130
>I honestly felt dirty after almost every scene with her
I can LITERALLY smell the pussy on you
>>
>>344982273
Hows it taste big boy?
>>
>>344982130
Quiet should have been braindamaged.
Level with me, you make it so that she actually died in the intro and they revived her using parasites, but it took too long to do the procedure so her brain was oxygen deprived long enough to become damaged.
Making it done that way gives a reason she's so violent, never tries to communicate using non verbal means, and rubs her ass and boobs in front of you all the time, because then you can say she's just gone feral and lacks all social understanding. It even validates that stupid "You will regret your words and deeds" because people would legitimately feel bad for gawking at someone who turns out to be braindamaged.

Having Quiet turn out to actually be completely rational but just can't talk is incredibly stupid considering things like She could have stopped the first parasite outbreak entirely if she just shook her head and made a talking motion with her hands, instead of trying to gouge out a man's vocal cords through his teeth.
>>
File: 1467151267868.jpg (11 KB, 270x240) Image search: [Google]
1467151267868.jpg
11 KB, 270x240
What went wrong, you mean

>JF Rey product placement showed down your throat
>Ocelot suddenly speaking with a cowboy twang despite not doing so before or after
>Ocelot not using his Single Action Army
>Ocelot looking really gay in this game
>Ocelot being voiced by Troy Baker
>Not a single real gun in the game
>Kingdom of The Flies mission removed
>>
Not using hayter as the VA.
Sticking to your guns and you think that you'll get a better performance out of the hollywood actor, sure, I can live with that if he follows through. But snake barely ever talks in the game so it just seems like pointlessly throwing money away which is also one of the biggest problems of the development.
>>
>>344980382
The cool CQC tricks you could do since I never learned how to CQC in past MGS Games (MGS3/MGS4)
>>
Over reliance on the "AND THEN I KILLED ____. just kidding, I wasn't aiming for them."
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.