[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: thisisthefutureyouchose.png (1 MB, 1279x1522) Image search: [Google]
thisisthefutureyouchose.png
1 MB, 1279x1522
>>
>>344980095
Well, the smartphone market is bigger than all the consoles+pc compared...and those are f2p

I think the bigger problem is that people from /v/ that are always shitting in a lot of bad industry practices love pokemon go and are paying up...it's almost /vg/ level faggotry
>>
Smartphones are more popular than gaming consoles right now. This is just a fact
>>
File: 1412545188694.jpg (15 KB, 269x391) Image search: [Google]
1412545188694.jpg
15 KB, 269x391
People will still be playing those games in the top image 10 years from now while the games on the bottom will be forgotten for the next flavor of the month shit
>>
>>344980095
Technically solitaire and minesweeper were more popular than final fantasy or Doom but you don't want to admit it because you're a tool.
>>
>>344980095
What about Minecraft? That's really popular among the kids.
>>
>>344982785
Doom was installed on more pc's than windows was in 95
>>
>>344980095
>newfag can't blankpost
Oh well.

>>344982743
Warcraft 2 is pretty much forgotten, though. I get a feeling FFVII won't last much longer on people's memories either.
>>
So?
>>
>Doom
>popular on 1990

On burgernistan maybe.
>>
File: warcraft-orc-man[1].jpg (120 KB, 959x735) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-orc-man[1].jpg
120 KB, 959x735
>>344983348
warcraft 2 is hard as fuck to find
the only version that works on modern computers "warcraft 2 battle.net edition" is hard as shit to find and looks fucked up if you dont have explorerkill.exe

same goes for FF7, it's on a console that is no longer produced, the game itself is no longer in production so copies are limited unless you want to pirate
>>
>>344984790
FF7 is on steam right now
>>
>>344984790
it also doesn't help that blizzard regards wc2 with such utter contempt

almost every mission in wc2 is now non canon or made meaningless by future games
you also can't play wc2 on the modern battle.net
and the lack of modern touch ups, like a ui fix, or a high resolution patch is just icing on the cake
>>
>>344984790
Final fantasy 7 is playable on every PS console and handheld, mobile and steam bro
>>
>>344980095
>no pokemon in the 90's games
Holy shit you're retarded.
>>
>>344984790
m8 just download Wargus.
>>
>>344985213
i think it was general, anon.

he left out quite a few games
>>
Honestly the games are more popular because video game audiences are bigger then they were in the 90s so normies are gana find very convenient games on there phones that friends family or coworkers tell them about and latch onto them and enjoy
>>
>>344984790
>same goes for FF7, it's on a console that is no longer produced, the game itself is no longer in production so copies are limited unless you want to pirate

Or you could buy it from PSN (in every region) or Steam. Hell you can even get it for iOS.
>>
>>344980095
Difference being that the top was all actual gamers, while the bottom is only most popular because casual "gamers" outnumber traditional gamers.
>>
>>344980095
I'll make the same point I made yesterday: Smartphone games are the equivalent to the Minsweepers, Solitares, SkiFris and the Pipes of the 90s, casual games that came included with software or were distributed as freeware, games everyone played be they gamers or non gamers.
What has changed is how the internet makes it easier to distribute casual gaming to pretty much everyone, so they've became a viable business model instead of a cute distraction offered to spice an OS up.
So, now your mom plays Candy Crush instead of interactive Majong, but doesn't spend a dime on it because she's not the addictive personality minority that does so. And you have your wife's son running around town catching Pokémons instead of running around town playing pretend, and so on.
>>
>>344983249
So was Excel. Then 96 came-a-knocking.
>>
>>344984790
>the only version that works on modern computers "warcraft 2 battle.net edition" is hard as shit to find
Check en.war2.ru, it's pretty living community.
>>
>>344980095
this image looks like it came directly from facebook or 9gag
>>
>>344987217
You would know, wouldn't you?
>>
>>344984790
FF7 is on mobile, PSN, Steam, PSVita and its being remade.

That game will never be forgotten.
>>
>>344980095
Wow I just remembered how shitty the graphics and gameplay were back in the 90's
>>
>>344989332
You weren't born then.
>>
>>344989332
You don't have to pretend that you weren't just sperm in your dads junk in the 90s
>>
>>344989332
graphics were much worse in the 90's, gameplay was much better.
>>
>skips 2000
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.