[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has Nintendo marked the beginning of a minor era of man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: gotta catch em all.webm (3 MB, 782x640) Image search: [Google]
gotta catch em all.webm
3 MB, 782x640
>countless people immersed in virtual reality without being at home on their PC
>allows a small portion of people you see on the streets to be controlled with lures
>popularity growth rate that couldn't happen if every major gaming channel advertised the same game

"Very popular game" doesn't even begin to explain what just happened.
>>
I don't kniw about you guys bit that shit is only taking off in america and englans.

Literally nobody gives a shit about that here in the rest if europe.

It's a meme blowed out of proportion
>>
>>344976635
What is this game? It looks supreme.
>>
Shit will blow over in a month nigga
>>
>>344977457
Ring Runner.
You missed a 90% off sale, but it looks like the base price just halved.
>>
>>344977591
Sweeeet. I'll keep my eye on it.
>>
>>344977572
The largest game in a distinct genre nowadays only seems to either stay where it is in popularity, or be replaced with something comparabily popular.
I don't feel we'll see the end of this soon.
>>
File: 1435094598692.jpg (43 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1435094598692.jpg
43 KB, 396x385
>>344976635
literally can't be sold in china, the only market that matters

GoT didn't change the way we watch tv, it is just a meme show

like how this is a meme game
>>
>>344977375
it's fucking huge here in netherlands as well so you are either underinformed or lying
>>
>>344977764
>didn't change the way we watch TV
It did a little.
I saw a flat advertised where any new roommate would have to be a Game of Thrones fan.
And Game of Thrones wasn't even terribly distinct, although from what I hear t's pretty good.
>>
>>344977375
It's not even released in Europe and people are still playing it by going to the USA App Store, it's only officially released in the US, Australia, and New Zealand

You are an idiot
>>
File: 1434140147078.jpg (127 KB, 500x729) Image search: [Google]
1434140147078.jpg
127 KB, 500x729
>>344977905
>grimdark tv is new

the 70/90's called, they want their tv memes back

it's a fad, there is nothing to keep people playing the game

shallow gps dot following game is a cheap gps dot following game

also get namco on the phone, I need some augmented reality pacman
>>
>>344977848

Dutchfag here too, there's a pokestop right at my house and there's people walking by with their out of their pocket quite often. Some jackass put a luer there 2 days ago and a bunch of people showed up making a bunch of noise nearby my house.
>>
>>344978082
That's a pretty good analogy for what Pokemon Go is.
It's basically Pokemon themed Pacman, but with real life movement.

Honestly kind of a shame it's so shallow though, I would really love to play a deeper game with real life integration.
>>
>>344977375
I live in Turkey, and even in this shitty country I see groups of people out hunting pokemon. I occaccionally encounter 10-15 people groups sitting under pokestops with lures.

Also there is a big Pokemon Go meeting this friday which has been advertised in the local fucking newspaper.

So stop talking out of your ass.

I haven't experienced something of this magnitude before The fact that if it's a baloon or not remains to be seen still.
>>
>>344978170
that is pokemon go red/blue update edition, coming summer 2017

nintendo are not fools, they know how to get the most out of there memes when they hit a fad (see amiibos)

In 4 years it might be the game you want
>>
>>344978318
>more Pokemon
No thanks, I don't want pay-to-win battles based on who has the higher level Pokemon, and partially on whose memorised the no-creativity strategies as to what to use in what situation.
>>
File: 1466263432647.jpg (203 KB, 1125x1125) Image search: [Google]
1466263432647.jpg
203 KB, 1125x1125
>mfw might be getting some AR games worth going outside for soon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.