[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALTTP is still the best Zelda game FYI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: latest.png (3 MB, 2007x2007) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
3 MB, 2007x2007
Could a top down MMO or TES-like game with retro era graphics work? Would you play it?
>>
>>344974027
so like ultima online? people still play it. it's not as fun anymore since they turned it into a grind-fest for colored items though.
>>
>>344974107
also i played lttp recently and had a lot of fun, when some other older games weren't doing it for me.
>>
Hot opinions coming through.

Every single top-down Zelda was better than ALttP.
>>
>>344974107
Never heard of this game. I'm guessing at least if it is TES-like that there wouldn't be enough depth to the game to justify making it hundreds of hours long. It would need to have a really good story at least to justify such a length.
>>
>>344974229
I disagree because ALTTP had the best balance of difficulty and the best look of all the top down Zelda games.
>>
That's not how you spell LoZ
>>
>>344974507
Links awakening had betetr dungeon design, OoA and OoS had far more interesting overworld, plot and creative gadet/weapon use.
>>
File: 1448622132816.jpg (33 KB, 667x350) Image search: [Google]
1448622132816.jpg
33 KB, 667x350
>>344974939
>Links awakening had betetr dungeon design,
>>
>>344975048
Her hair turned brown and her eyes got lighter?
>>
>>344975429
protip:
it's not her anon
>>
>>344974027
Thumbnail looked like a circuit board at first glance.
>>
>>344975429
>>344975495
Whether or not it's her, young kids generally have way lighter hair than they have when they get older. As for eyes, I read somewhere they often start lighter too but I'm not positive about that.
>>
I love every Zelda I've played, which is all of them except Spirit Tracks and the CDi abortions. They are all excellent. Favorite 2D is A Link to the Past, favorite 3D is Twilight Princess.
>>
I would play such a game if it were good.
>>
>>344974027
I used to play graal online that's pretty much mmo zelda
>>
>>344974229
I agree with this. The overworld is bland and cramped. Nothing stands out and you just end up traversing the same path to get anywhere.

Dungeons were okay but lacked puzzles so ended up feeling easy. I really don't understand the praise this game gets it's so mediocre

>game pauses while you walk up stairs
>>
>>344975847
Its a european thing
>>
A Link to the Past has really ugly spritework
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.