[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POKEMON GO HATERS BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 750x899) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 750x899
How does it feel being a cunt, you contrarians?
>>
>>344966138
>facebook screenshots
>>
>>344966252
>absolutely no counter argument whatsoever
>>
>>344966138
Feels pretty good not being a braindead normalfag who plays shitty microtransaction riddled app games. Feels nice not being a hypocrite who calls people out on "hating" others for being "harmlessly happy" despite more than likely doing the same thing with someone else's harmless fun.
>>
>>344966138
>>>/vp/
It's that way.
>>
>yfw you have played every fucking mainline pokemon games from the first gen
>yfw you still enjoy pkm go for its mindless fun
People used to look at me like I'm a weirdo when I get pokemon X/Y at gamestop. And now I believe the same people are chasing pikachu on the street.
In the end, I don't really care what other thinks. I just enjoy what I want to do and it's enough.
>>
>>344966502
But anon, he's right. Facebook is just garbage to get with
>>
Friendly reminder that mobile apps are not video games.
>>
>>344966138
>Harmless
The whole reason why the hate EXISTS is because these people are causing accidents, vandalism, and even a few deaths.
>>
>>344966802
>buzzwords
>projection everywhere

Yeah Anon, I'm sure being a jaded, cynical cunt beats being a normalfag, you keep that up.
>>
>>344967053
This. Why bother playing them when you got a console/pc to play with
>>
>>344967075
>The whole reason why the hate EXISTS
>The whole reason

That's bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>344967110
>jaded and cynical

No, I'm just a person with some actual passion for his hobby instead of a dumb hipster who latches on to whatever's new.
>>
File: 1434074351195.jpg (195 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1434074351195.jpg
195 KB, 983x1013
>>344966802
Hahahahaha hahahahaha
Ha!
HAHA!
>>
I agree with his follow up post, I never let /v/ take away my enjoyment of a good meme
>>
None of you guys act this autistic in real life, right?
>>
>>344966138
I don't care about people playing it. I care about people spamming it in every single corner of the web and not shutting up about it. It's gone past the initial "new" hype and has entered obnoxious and what's even worse is people are saying shit like in OP or claiming it's the cure for cancer to justify spending hour after hour staring at cuddly creatures on their phone when they give shit to people that buy the games.

Then I get to enjoy it all over again on /v/ because having a board dedicated to this one thing isn't enough.

Fuck off back to >>>/vp/
>>
>>344967240
You sure do sound like a hipster.
>>
>>344967239
Says a tripfag on fucking 4chan of all places.
>>
>>344966138
>OP has BTFO
>Facebook screenshot

Am I on /pol/?
>>
>anti-contrarians came here in an attempt to make /v/ an anti-contrarian
>trying to convert /v/ into facebook-tier autism
Holy shit bring them somewhere else
>>
If you don't like a game, don't play it. I think Pokemon GO is shit and therefore dont play it. It's fucked up but true.
>>
>>344966138

what if they enjoy mocking other people or complaining? Don't be a hater ;_; unless you like that sort of thing.
>>
>>344967386
>haha I'm so angry look at me I have an angry reaction image so you know I'm angry. Did you know I'm angry guys? :^)
>>
>>344966138
>Being so butthurt about people hating a game you like you have to write a novel on facebook.

Yes, I'm sure the people who hate GO have now realized what a terrible mistake they made.
>>
>>344967564
Trying a little bit way too hard there buddy.
>>
>>344967460
It wasn't ever this bad. People here used to shit on games for fun. This site has taken itself waaay too seriously since that gamer gate crap.
>>
>>344967592
Isn't there a tumblr post you should be uploading to facebook?
>>
>>344967564
You keep your internet persona up, hopefully it'll make you happy
>>
>>344967687
Don't you have a 4:00am thread to piss and moan about your problems in?
>>
>>344967595
>write a novel on facebook.

That was a long read for you?
How fucking lazy can you be?
>>
File: Kroni.jpg (572 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Kroni.jpg
572 KB, 1200x1600
>>344967239
>>
>>344966138
Biggest argument against it is that it's a non-game that's going to define the way games are made for a while. It's actively degenerating the quality of future games.

More important, the game is literally just an Ingress clone with Pokemon sprites added in. Where were the millions of people playing Ingress? Why didn't Ingress get praised as an amazing, revolutionary game? Ingress got shat on because having a "game" that's just
>walk here
>get rewarded with sprites/numbers for walking there
is shallow and pointless.

This kind of consumer behavior is exactly why games like Metroid Prime: Federation Force get the greenlight.
>>
>Go shopping a few days ago
>People keep fucking pulling their phones out in the middle of isles blocking the way

Shit is fucking infuriating.
>>
>>344966138
>>
>>344966138
>thoughtless "be happy who cares what others thinks" advice
>LOL BTFO

This is the same thing salon writers tell themselves when they come out as pedophiles
>>
Thread reminder that anti-contrarian Facebook group has arrived. Dont give them (You)s
>>
>>344966502
what was the argument to begin with? sweeping generalizations aren't an argument, they're an opinion.
>>
>>344967809
Fed Force's youtube trailer got downvoted to hell.
>>
>>344967824
that happens regardless
>>
>>344967750
Silly anon, normie casual scum like yourself ruined those threads like you ruin everything else you touch.
>>
>>344967831
Only on /v/ would you hear that being happy means you're a pedophile.
>>
>>344966138
>liking shitty games and memes is some kind of some kind of strife ridden path of martyrdom

fucking grow up, you're not being oppressed or anything, someone online just called you a faggot for being 28 and still playing pokemon
>>
>>344967890

Happens a lot more often now.
>>
>>344967889
Yes! Because normally, a shit game is a shit game no matter what IP you put in the title.

But apparently this rule doesn't apply to Gen I Pokemon apps.
>>
>>344966138
>bardock obama
way to show how fucking normie you are
>>
>>344967938
Wow man, nice one. Totally not a stretch at all.
>>
I dont hate pokeon go and if I did this wouldnt be the reason.

I am just sick of mobile gaming slowly devouring the console and handheld industry. I actually enjoy games that are able to immerse me in gameplay and complex narratives and game mechanics and systems. I dont like free to play mindless mobile shit and I dont want the industry to succumb to this because it's where the money is.

I am almost sure smartphones is also enabling people to become stupider, the effort vs reward system in smart phone games is almost instantanous, its the reason why people cant into or appreciate hard or challenging games anymore and is probably messing up our nations psychology on some level
>>
Literally who
>>
>>344968036
>No, the gaming market should cater to ME!
Isn't this the same logic of SJW's? If you want complex games then make your own.
>>
>>344968036
It's not the same market you do realise? People who play smart phone games generally do not play normal video games avidly.
>>
>>344966138
>having so much pride in a mobile app game that you give motivational speeches about it
These people are so infantile
>>
>>344968120
I think his point being that this will lead to good competent devs just heading into simple mobile territory for quick easy cash rather than something with any semblance of depth. Take your pseudo politics and scape goating elsewhere.
>>
>>344968120
I'm not angry that pokemon go isn't complex, I was not going to play pokemon in any way shape or form anyway. I'm not mad companies are not catering to me, plenty already are and I support them fully but the smart phones games industry is making it harder and harder for companies to even do that and continue making games I enjoy and will soon will need to play ball with it just to survive.
>>
>>344967960
Not what I said but pokemon fans are dumb kids so I won't hold it against you. This is just a self centered and selfish viewpoint, fuck everyone else as long as I'm happy. People who think like that are dangerous.
>>
>>344968262
Its pokemon what do you expect
>>
>Wow look how much fun i'm having picking up these worthless pocketed monsters that I can't do anything with. Everyone else is so jealous of my fun! Hahah sooo much fun right?

This "game" sucks, but If you actually enjoy this shit, who am I to take away your fun? Why listen to the critics? I am so sure you guys will be having so much fun with pokemon go for years to come.
>>
File: 1389637814473.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1389637814473.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
lmao these dumbass nerds playing pokemon
>>
>>344966138
>wow you must be a really jaded person to not like something :) like just have fun and be happy man :))
>>
>>344966138
>people can only dislike things because they are miserable and full of hate

What kind of mentality is that?
>>
>>344968361
>This is just a self centered and selfish viewpoint, fuck everyone else as long as I'm happy. People who think like that are dangerous

Jesus FUCK, I hope you don't act like this in real life.
>>
>>344968457
neo-lib logic. you have to like everything and put on a smile or else you're probably a psycho
>>
>>344968360
But why do you assume that they will need to move to mobile games? Why do you assume video game consoles/PCs will become so obsolete that you can't even survive off of it. People aren't suddenly going to stop playing normal video games and switch to mobile gaming only.
Why make it seem like devs can't do both, EA and other companies already are yet they still make games for consoles and pc.
>>
>>344968546
No, no, no, anon. This is /v/. Everything is black and white, remember?
>>
>>344966138
I dislike the "game" as people consuming it are supporting bad business practices which other developers see as being profitable, and implement them in their future titles, which comes around and fucks me in the ass.
>>
I don't even play the game and now I want to go outside even less than I already did because I'm afraid of people coming up to me asking if I play Pokemon Go. Not really the game's fault, but I still wish it didn't exist.
>>
>>344966138
The same line of defence as MLP faggots, it realy makes you think.
>>
>>344968719
Shit yeah you're right, my bad.
>>
>>344966802
Know what feels even better?
Having FUN, you sad, miserable, cunt
>>
>>344967240
>dumb hipster who latches on to whatever's new
A hipster wouldn't latch on to something as mainstream as Pokemon Go.
>>
>>344968546
>>344968719

>But why do you assume that they will need to move to mobile games?

Because we've seen a year on year decline in the console and handheld business for the last 8 years, it's only going down while smart phone gaming has eclipsed it and is where a lot of gamers have moved to. Half the developers around during last generation and as well as during DS/PSP have now vanished from the industry, the game output of the industry has reduced significantly.

Mobile gaming is in a way a shittier gaming platform that the ones consoles and handhelds offer and in a very real sense it is the current industries safety net and that they will either fall back on or be forced to merge with when the mobile markets profit margins become the basis of self-sustainability in the games industry.

I honestly can't believe I'm talking to two people who legitimately don't see Mobile Gaming and the Indutries biggest and most proven threat. It's really beyond me how people can be like this just because they probably enjoy GO and feel better denying the reality of what smart phones are doing to consoles.
>>
>>344968457
Are you defending random autists being angry that other people are having fun with Pokemon Go ?
>>
>>344968498
So I should not give a shit what anyone thinks and be a hedonistic scumbag?

What is wrong with you pokemon fans, jesus
>>
I feel like it doesn't apply to me, since I hate Pokemon GO as a video game/app, not the people who play it and enjoy it. Sorry for not liking what you like, I guess?
>>
>>344969063
shit niggah, you must get mighty anrgy when people text while walking, or walk around, or watch sport, or actually fucking anything during their free time

I can't imagine being this much of a party pooper, but it does explain how a social game hurts you so.
>>
>>344968986
/thread

Seriously though, I am guilty of the criticisms made by OP's post. I've learned to be a lot less cynical (with the help of anti-depressants) but fuck if I still don't get my titties in a twist when I see people enjoying things I think are stupid.

WHY GOD, WHY DID YOU MAKE ME SUCH A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE? WHY, OH WHY!?
>>
>Pokemon Go drains the battery of smartphones
>doesnt have all 750-something pokemon
>have to go outside to maybe get a chance to catch them
>have all Pokemon DS games and my 3DS ready to catch any pokemon i want in any region
>even now am tired out of pokemon
i seriously dont fucking get it, even people not into pokemon are into it, whats the secret so i can make a app that'll draw people in and rain money on me?
>>
>>344969038
I don't enjoy Go
I see there is a new market.
I don't see the current pc and console market disappearing because of mobile games.
Of course mobile will be more attractive as more people own phones then consoles and gaming pcs
Most people aren't going to move to mobile gaming
>>
File: bitaa.gif (2 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
bitaa.gif
2 MB, 500x250
He's right. He described me but I've always owned it.
>>
>>344969206
>you must get mighty anrgy when people text while walking, or walk around, or watch sport, or actually fucking anything during their free time

Reading comprehension must be really fucking hard, I never said anything like this. Pokemon fans are retarded.
>>
>>344969294
>milk
>bitter

My God, genetics are truly a marvelous thing.
>>
>>344969415
I'm gonna give you a reply and hope for another (you) :^)
>>
File: Transmorphers.jpg (62 KB, 325x457) Image search: [Google]
Transmorphers.jpg
62 KB, 325x457
>You can't critique my activity because I think its fun.
Look, you can have fun all you want. That doesn't make it good.
There are probably fans of pic related. Does that make the movie not shit because theres a fanbase?
No.
Is it OK for them to like it?
Sure.
Stop being such a sensitive bitch
>>
>>344967564
You're trying to stand out amongst a sea of anons that seems incredibly undignified
>>
>>344969586
wat
>>
>>344969294
Milk isn't bitter, what the fuck

maybe if you're a dumb cunt who drinks skim
>>
>>344969829
She was asked what her favorite kinds of chocolates are because she's famous for a song about chocolate.

>milk chocolate
>white chocolate
>BITAA
>>
>>344969953
then she means dark chocolate

what a dumb nip bitch
>>
>>344969648
This is so fucking stupid I almost want to screencap this.
>>
>>344966138
literally who?
>>
File: bitter chocolate.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
bitter chocolate.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>344970112
this is embarrassing anon
>>
File: Capture.png (52 KB, 688x195) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52 KB, 688x195
>>344970153
I'll do it for you, faggot.
Want to explain why its stupid?
>>
>>344970153
you're fucking stupid
>>
>>344970434
he probably likes the movie and now feels embarrassed and has to pretend you're the idiot
it's called projecting
>>
>>344970272
yeah it's dark chocolate

what a dumb nigger anon
>>
>>344970153
there is a difference between enjoying something and knowing it is bad in the medium and something you dont enjoy that is good in the medium. It's similar to hating a triple a game and loving a glitchy budget game.
>>
File: 1447925127168.gif (548 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
1447925127168.gif
548 KB, 245x176
>>344970272
>"Bitter"
>That cocoa solid percentage

I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>learn to take criticism

When the fuck did sperging out about something constitute criticism?
Not saying there isn't serious criticism out there but you know the OP is talking about the fucks who have genuine REEEEEEE reactions to things.
>>
>>344966138
>Harmlessly happy

When i have to watch extra carefully not to smash my car into some mongo making sudden turns cause he is mindlessly drawn to his phone in traffic i cant call is harmless.
>>
File: fiorella-chocolate-bitter.jpg (64 KB, 510x405) Image search: [Google]
fiorella-chocolate-bitter.jpg
64 KB, 510x405
>>344970576
It's better to stop now than repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot because you didn't know it was a thing.
>>
>>344966138
>How does it feel being a cunt, you contrarians?
Pretty good seeing as I don't have to lie to myself to fit in with the normies. You should give it a go.
>>
>>344970905
a pokémon go
>>
Why would I play an autistic collectathon that isn't even a game nor fun? App is bad. People that use it are actually mentally handicapped.
>>
>>344970904
yeah it's dark chocolate, that's why it's bitter

what a dumb nigger anon
>>
>>344970904
You're the one making a fool of yourself nigger
>>
>>344967386
Just ignore it. It's possible to ignore literally everything.
>>
>>344966138

What do you expect? /v/ is full of ugly smell-like-shit-and-urine virgins who the only female they have ever spoken to in their lives is their mother. Why do you think they are angry all the time and dont go outside?
>>
>>344966931
do you go into every Overwatchthread and show them the way to the ovg?
if no: fuck you
>>
File: NESTLE-BLACK-BITTER_large.jpg (44 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
NESTLE-BLACK-BITTER_large.jpg
44 KB, 480x480
>>344971124
>>344971220
>resorting to samefaggotry
>>
>>344967240
That isn't what a hipster is, you're the hipster in your example.
>>
>>344971613
it's dark chocolate and I didn't samefag

what a dumb nigger anon
>>
So funny how these people get so triggered by someone saying "I wouldn't play this, it's not for me". Their insecurity flares up like a bad case of herpes.

Suddenly it's some kind of personal attack against them and they have to make up all of these rationalizations for their life choices. They have to justify their hobbies in the face of people who don't give a shit. It's so fucking pathetic
>>
>>344967240
The irony in this post is staggering.
>>
>>344972394
its more funny that you were triggered by this post and not realizing it yet
>>
>>344972020
>"Dark chocolate", also called "plain chocolate" or "black chocolate", is produced by adding fat and sugar to cocoa. It is chocolate with no milk or much less than milk chocolate. The U.S. has no official definition for dark chocolate.

>Unsweetened chocolate, also known as bitter
>>
I'm mad because my friends have to stop every few seconds to catch a Pokemon, or wait for the game to load so they can visit a Pokestop. I'm mad because they need their chargers three times as often. I'm mad because they look at me like I'm too cool for the game even though I've only ever bitched about it online.
I'm sick of hearing it be name-dropped on the news for no reason (recently heard "People are flocking to <Local Church> today, and it's not because of Pokemon!") and by businesses who use lure modules to lure customers.
It sucks as someone who plays the main games that the ONE time everyone is playing a Pokemon game, it's one without trading, or battling, or interesting RPG mechanics, and with microtransactions that can help some faggot capture one of my Gyms with less effort.
I don't want people to stop having fun with the game, but while trying to ignore it, I get constant reminders that it exists and that I don't like it.
>>
File: hipster.png (6 KB, 614x150) Image search: [Google]
hipster.png
6 KB, 614x150
>>344967397
>>344969035
>>344971841
I don't know how you guys define hipster but I've always taken it to mean people who latch on to trendy stuff on a really superficial level.

>>344972486
Congratulations on being as pretentious as possible about not having anything to say.
>>
Truth. You niggers say shit like normie unironically, so I would expect you all to be mad at others' enjoyment of THING. Then you post in a /r9k/ tier thread or a 4am thread (culture) with your meme depression or some self-diagnosed shit.

For people who claim to abhor "normies", you care a lot about what they do.
>>
>>344972740
it's dark chocolate
>>
I have fun jerking off all day but I don't see these people supporting me
>>
>>344969631
Not the original anon, but everyone needs to get a (you) every now and then.
>>
>>344967110
I'm sure not playing a shitty smartphone game with no gameplay means someone's jaded, you corporate cock gobbler.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.