[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who will be cut from Smash 5's roster and who will stay and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Ice_Climbers.jpg (145 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
Ice_Climbers.jpg
145 KB, 500x489
Who will be cut from Smash 5's roster and who will stay and why?
>>
>>344961157
everyone other than the fire emblem characters will be cut from the next game

To compensate, more fire emblem characters will be added. All sword/counter users too.
>>
If I had it my way, no cuts.
But..

Ryu
Cloud
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Lucina (or turned Alt costume)
Corrin (Unless Roy being absent from Brawl was a one time thing.)

off the top of my head, I don't think they can bring any of them back again, however Sonic will stay because he did it before, 2nd times the charm. Bayonetta might stay after the newfound ties with Nintendo, and being the ballot winner. But it's really up to the team behind Smash, and who knows what they'll actually do.
>>
Lucina
Corrin
Black Pit
Cloud
Bayonetta
Bowser Jr
Zero Suit Samus
>>
>>344961157
>Who will be cut from Smash 5's roster and who will stay and why?

Only Nintendo can get away with half assing a games roster where they don't even care about balance because "muh party game" bullshit. No characters other than third party ones shouldn't be coming back. The series is their flagship title at this point, drop hackurai from the roster and start making sure every character makes it in already.
>>
>>344961157
>implying there will be a smash 5
>>
>>344962016
>drop hackurai from the roster and start making sure every character makes it in already.
>every character
just play BrawlEX or MUGEN
>>
>>344961157
The dog's staying and more well liked characters are leaving, calling it now.

>>344961925
ZSS is staying
>>
>>344961157
More Kid Shitarus "characters"
More Day 1 DLC Emblem anime swordsmen
Less Zelda and Pokemon characters
>>
Seems like it always boils down to low priority characters (usually clones/semi-clones, or characters that just aren't considered very popular or unique. Essentially the ones that get added at the latest points in development) and characters caught up in legal issues (third parties basically)

I'd say all DLC characters would be on the chopping block since they weren't high priority enough to be included in the base game and most of them are third party anyway. Clones like Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, etc would also be up there because, you know, free dessert and all that.

Ultimately it all comes down to how much time they have on it and the scale of the roster in general. If they're going to continue being focused on newcomers like they always are then there's bound to be a lot of casualties.
>>
>>344962016
I know man, could you imagine if a company famous for fighting games, like Capcom or whatever, released a Street Fighter 4 and it didn't even have the entire cast of Street Fighter 3? That shit would be so stupid.
>>
>>344962261
>ZSS is staying
Yeah, I know... :/
They should just revamp Samus so she plays resembling herself in Super Metroid. Taking off her suit can be a victory screen, and a Stamina KO animation.
>>
She's going to get cut immediately, costume or not.
>>
File: duck hunt joins the brawl.jpg (96 KB, 505x357) Image search: [Google]
duck hunt joins the brawl.jpg
96 KB, 505x357
>>344962261
>The dog's staying

Good.
>>
>>344961157
From most likely to least likely

Bayonetta
Cloud
Ryu
Dark Pit
Corrin
Roy
Pac-Man
Megaman
Lucina
Greninja

The rest are guarantee'd to stay
>>
>>344963775
Screencapped, can't wait to see which "guarentee'd" characters don't make the cut.
>>
>>344963775
Greninja is guaranteed to stay
>>
>>344962819
She's not going to change at all, she's part of the original 12. The most change she'll get in moveset is one or two moves.
>>
>>344964925
>patternfaggotry
Shut up faggot.
>>
File: 1463705908635.png (439 KB, 677x670) Image search: [Google]
1463705908635.png
439 KB, 677x670
Just put the Ice Climbers back in. That's all I really want.
>>
both of corrin and robin seems a little redundant, especially with a new fe title likely out or in the works by the time the next smash rolls around. i'd keep both though.
>>
>>344965057
I don't see any retort other than resorting to an insult. What makes you think that Samus is going to go through any significant changes, friendo?
>>
>>344965209
There's nothing to retort to, you're just sperging out a bit over nothing. Also, notice that nowhere did I say Samus will be revamped.
>>
>>344965149
I would like to think they'd be in the next game without hardware limitations.
>>
>>344964925
Smash should really just get a reboot or something where a whole load of veterans get overhauls. I'm sure it would piss people off but so many of these old characters are really fucked up and need a change.
>>
>>344965209
>retort
>What makes you think that [shit we can't know about]
>wanting to fight sloppy guesswork patternfaggotry with more sloppy guesswork patternfaggotry to pretend it's a meaningful debate
Shut up faggot. Not that kind of Smash thread.
>>
>>344963775
I want Megaman to stay :(
>>
>>344965554
This whole thread is sloppy guesswork, what's the point of calling anyone out for sloppy guesswork if OP is literally asking for it?
>>
>>344965495
honestly that's what customs should've been about. unique moves that significantly altered a character's playstyle. or barring that (because admittedly it would be a ton of fucking work), we need a groove system that could either be based on a character's specific incarnation in an early smash title or the overriding physics/tech of that title.

and for fucks' sake sakurai, if you're gonna separate transformation characters you have zero excuses for zelda to be this atrocious
>>
>>344962992
Marth is being cut. And being made a alt for Lucina. He isn't relevant to FE anymore.
>>
>>344965871
I would have accepted fewer custom moves if it made them more unique.

Just give a handful to characters that have potential to have a lot of interesting moves. There's so much more that could be done with characters like Samus or Mario than "same as the other attack but slower and stronger"
>>
>>344965871
Customs really did have a lot of potential, but the execution was pretty poor. Customs really should've had a better emphasis on the source material rather than stronger attack and faster attack. I mean, give Ike his shockwave attack or give Ganondorf some actual magic, just SOMETHING relevant to the character. Seriously, what the fuck is Kong Cyclone even based on?
>>
>>344961925
>Bowser Jr.
They wouldn't
>>
>>344966073
He's the first FE lord and a Melee rep. If anything Lucina will become a Marth skin.
>>
File: 1466784783249.jpg (171 KB, 1000x559) Image search: [Google]
1466784783249.jpg
171 KB, 1000x559
>>344961157
So long as Bowser isnt cut I am happy. But id say DLC are going to go.
>>
>>344965727
OP here. It's a stealth "bash characters you don't like" thread
>>
>>344966387
Ah, well in that case, fuck Roy. He's not nearly that fun to play compared to other FE characters, most of his moves don't feel satisfying to land and he's fucking DLC.
>>
>>344966156
At least Bowser got his big fireball.
>>
>>344966097
>>344966156
i know exactly what you mean. i want samus with speed booster, dk with coconut gun, kirby with jet, etc. even one or two of these per character would be much better than what we got
>>
>>344966861
Dude, Kirby with new moves based on his abilities would be fucking amazing, Imagine something like Sheik's needles with the card attack from Magic, or the Shoryuken like attack from Fighter.
>>
>>344967045
i'd give him fighter as a final smash. really, i'd give any relevant character an upgrade final smash where you can just go bananas for ~15 seconds.
mario: mega mushroom and stomp everyone
olimar: all your pikmin get the sprays from pikmin 2 and go wild (and increase pikmin limit to something ridiculous for the duration).
etc.
>>
No one should be cut but if they HAD to they gotta get those Mii's out of here.
>>
>>344967728
Does anyone even really LIKE the Mii's? I'm pretty sure that if they were replaced with something else or implemented differently, no one would care.
>>
>>344967996
i like the mii's
i'd add another class and switch swordfighter to weaponmaster

the dumb thing was giving the miis all of the best costumes and not the respective characters because it was a disservice to the original model or some bullshit
>>
>>344968079
Yeah, I don't mind them but they aren't that fun to play in my opinion. I get that there isn't anything to draw their movesets from, but they just feel so uninspired and bland. Maybe have Swordfighter actually implement real swordplay into his moves or have gunner be a walking arsenal of rocket launchers and grenades like Snake was. Just something new and interesting.
>>
>>344968291
gunner was one of my favorites. grenade launcher is a great move, albeit a repackaghing of snake's standard special
>>
>>344967510
I post this a lot but for Kirby I'd like to use the Love-Love Stick from Kirby's Dream Land 3 as his final smash. He quickly assembles it from the heart-stars joining together in the initial anomatiom, he could fly around the screen shooting heart projectiles at people, or whacking them with The Stick if he flies in close, he disregards it by tossing it off screen after a time. The Love-Love Stick feels like the most fundamentally 'Kirby' thing he's used, being something he himself created harnessing the power of the love and joy of those around him that he'd helped, instead of an ability he'd easily gained from overcoming a lesser enemy, or an item he mearly temporarily adopted. He even uses it again in Super Star Stacker (showing he kept it), walloping his opponents with it nonchalantly, but not bothering to use the great power that resides within (a lot like Kirby himself, who despite being incredibly strong of body and spirit, prefers to live calmly and lazily, only exerting the necessary ammount of force). It also helps that Kirby used this item defeat what I believe to be Kirby's perfect antithesis and the series' most fitting and gripping antag, Zero.

tl;dr: love-love stick is the most character specific and descriptive ability/item that Kirby has used, so I think it deserves to be his final smash.
>>
File: 1468385463366.png (839 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1468385463366.png
839 KB, 1191x670
>>344962478

You don't seem to understand

There's a difference. Smash is the "VG All-Star fighting game" it's the entire point of the game. It's roster is it's most important part, it's biggest selling point.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.