[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will /v/ kill themselves when Andromeda actually turns out to be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 23.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
Will /v/ kill themselves when Andromeda actually turns out to be good?
>>
>>344957089

Yes but I won't
>>
>>344957089
Andromeda might actually be good though since the devs are the ones who made the multiplayer of ME3, the one decent thing in that garbage aside from the combat redesign.
>>
Why would I when I can just say it's bad anyway?
>>
SJW bullshit aside I legitimately want the game to be good, but with the MASS exodus of Bioware employees-and no significant game play footage to speak of... I really doubt it will be.
>>
>>344957791
>Andromeda might actually be good
Read the gamespot article with Aaryn Flynn's interview. People fighting in the studio, others quitting, cutting content to meet deadlinesand failing, while having nothing to show off at E3 because they literally have nothing ready. Nothing new has come up since then. It's looking grim. With so many problems, I am hoping it gets canceled.
>>
It might mechanically turn out alright, but nothing will ever undo the massive pissing-on that the IP and setting received post-ME1.

Playing that again recently and going through the codex, reading the sheer amount of worldbuilding fluff detail they put into it, the practically future-proofing effort to explain as much of the setting as possible for other games that might come out under the ME name, only to have it completely and utterly squandered in 2 games.
>>
>>344957089
Nah, they will focus on some minor detail and blew it out of proportion as proof that the game is bad
>>
>>344957089
Will you kill yourself if it can't even beat Heart of Stone's metacritic?
>>
>>344958991
I just read that interview and this quote about ME3's ending is such bullshit

>It was a deeply introspective and challenging time for all of us. We carry a lot of scars from that time, and took a lot of lessons.

The only lesson they took was how to get the media to blame your fans for your own failures.
>>
>>344957089
I'll be shocked, because it'll be the only good game in the franchise.

>>344959104
>ME1 was a good game because of lore
This is the biggest lie ever told on /v/. The actual underlying game is a piece of shit. It's got about 8 hours playtime if you don't waste your time beating all of the side quests. If you do play all the side quests, enjoy grinding the same fucking tank mission again and again like I did. Literally getting all the Riddler Trophies in the Arkham games was less of a chore.

Mass Effect 2 only plays marginally better, and is pretty bad without the novelty of the Suicide Mission, which doesn't really have the same effect on the second playthrough.

ME3 isn't worth talking about. Multiplayer was kinda fun, but the core game was a travesty.
>>
>>344960098

Wow its almost like you're putting words in my mouth. You'll notice I didn't actually say a single thing about ME1 as a game.

As a game its honestly pretty shit. The shooting and cover mechanics are crap, the inventory is godawful, the RPG aspects are shit with nothing but tiny upgrades in tiny increments, constantly replacing equipment for minute upgrades, completely retarded enemy AI that will run around like idiots, etc etc etc. The list of issues goes on.

But that's not what I was talking about, at all.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.