[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to be heavily into vidya back in the day. The last consoles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I used to be heavily into vidya back in the day. The last consoles I had my parents got me, and they were the N64 and the PS2. Then I became a fa/tg/uy for years. Now reconsidering entering into video games.

If I were to get a console today, which one would be the most interesting and worth the money, and why? If they all suck, tell me what the least bad one is in your opinion, and why.
>>
PC if you're not retarded, PS4 if you are retarded. Console cucks are inherently retarded, but the PS4 seems to be the most solid standalone gaming machine in the bunch.
>>
>>344929010
>asks about a console
>tells him to buy a pc

judging buy your comment, you must own a ps4
>>
>>344929010
OP here. I used to be heavily into PC games, but I just can't be fucked anymore. What got me out of video games in the first place is just how fucking formulaic they all were, and still are.

I'd like a console because I like the idea of playing vidya on my TV, with my friends, over a few beers. Like a modern MAME machine, you know? Real gaming, not this 2deep4u story bullshit.

Mario Kart 64 entertained me and my pals for hundreds of hours, literally.
>>
>>344928851
PS4 for console.

Xbone somehow has less games than PS4 and everything that is on it you can get on PC and usually at better quality.

The Wii U is literally dead and is not worth considering.

Actually now that I think about it get a PS3 or 360. You missed out on an assload of good games so they'll all the new to you and the current gen doesn't have shit worth playing. Also they're dirt fucking cheap now.
>>
>>344928851
If you're from /tg/ you'll get far more from a PC than a console.
>>
>>344930134
Yeah but I'm looking for party games and multiplayer games over the Internet. And they don't even have to be that sophisticated graphically or whatever, just clever in terms of gameplay. Extra points if there's a lot of opportunity for cunning and interesting strategy on the parts of players.

Modding is the main attracting point of a PC to me, my inner tinker. But I don't have the time for that these days.
>>
>>344930560
Sounds like killing yourself for being such a huge fucking faggot would be the best thing desu senpai
>>
File: 1428265437195.gif (712 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
1428265437195.gif
712 KB, 600x525
>>344930747
>failing to be an autist makes me a faggot
>>
>>344929205
Wii u if you like mario kart and smash I guess. The new consoles are all still pretty shit at the current stage. You might be better off just getting a PS3 because that at least had a decade of games to choose from.
>>
>it's another "stupid cross boarder comes to /v/ and says stupid shit and gets told to fuck off" episode

Console users are the same kinds of people who insist 3E DnD was good
>>
PS4 is not bad honestly. Has some really solid titles such as Bloodborne, uncharted, gravity rush, and a few others, with Horizon and Nier coming soon. Wii U would be my second choice. Nintendo tends to be a bit more creative with their new titles, which it sounds like you would be interested in. It also has some cool games, with a few more just around the corner like the new zelda.
>>
>>344929205
>Real gaming, not this 2deep4u story bullshit.

Then you better stay away from anything from Sony, Wii U is great to play with friends, Xbox One has some solid couch coop titles too, but PC is still the best in this regard thanks to emulators.
>>
Get a console if you actually want to play good games or with friends, if you enjoy indie shit and playing alone because your friends all own consoles then build a pc
>>
>>344929205
>a modern MAME machine

You literally described a computer.
>>
The bad thing about the Xbox is that future titles are coming to PC, but if you're not looking to play videogames on PC then it would be your best choice honestly, the PS4 is a really bad option considering it has managed to get only 2 good games in almost 3 years, and both are single player. No good online games, no good couch multiplayer games, Xbox has both.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.