[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /v/ think about this game compared to the rest of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
So what does /v/ think about this game compared to the rest of the series?
>>
pvp is fun
>>
pretty good as a whole package, i liked it more than des, but less than ds1/bb
>>
Pvp is better
The masses of enemies thrown at you are dumb
>>
I think its not too fun, sadly I'm not all of /v/
>>
PvP is better than the other two because more builds and weapon choices are actually viable.

DS3's arguably the worst in that regard because you can't really do dick unless you're using an estoc or one of the other top-tier one-handed swords or maybe the meme-tier 2kat build. It's just as bad as the original or worse.

DS2 was the closest to getting the balance right.

>>344927094
I like greatswords. Masses of enemies don't really trigger me anymore, and they're slightly better in DS3 at least, but one-handed swords can do the same damage as a greatsword in 4 hits faster than you can get 2 hits off to match the damage the one-hander fag just did. It's fucked.
>>
>>344928018
Greatswords can only do so much. Stuff like the Shrine of Amana is made to be annoying and boring, and you'll have to slog through it even when you know the area like the back of your hand.

On the other hand, there's Sen's Fortress or the Tomb of the Giants. Very hard to traverse, but isn't a goddamn chore once you git gud.
>>
Worst game in the series.

Still a 7/10 at worst.
>>
>>344926745
Rough around the edges. DLCs are overrated and SOTFS made it worse.
>>
>>344926745
Enemy designs felt more boring and the combat just felt weird after playing the first game, but as a result of all the enemies being just dudes in suits of armor pretty much, the combat felt better balanced around that, and for that reason the PvP felt more fun to me

For some reason my brain always lumps the souls series and the metroid prime series in the same sort of category in terms of sequel relationship
>>
>>344928393
I agree. Originally I fucking hated blighttown and sens, but now that I know how to get through them with minimal frustration I actually find them entertaining
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.