[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
US prototype of N64 64DD found?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 64DD_English1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
64DD_English1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/us-version-of-n64-64dd-has-been-found.62294/

>Hey there, I am a big collector in the Seattle area and I am reaching out to you guys because I can't find what I am looking for.
>I acquired what might be a rather unusual N64 64DD drive. Keep in mind, I live in Seattle where Nintendo of North America resides just 20 minutes away...
>Notice anything unusual about this screenshot? Keep in mind, the reason why the picture is soft is because it's running through a HDMI upscaler...but the picture with English text (instead of Japanese) is legit. This is the prototype for the US version of the 64DD.
>Have you seen this before?
>This unit also had a N64 blue disc inside, but I don't know what is on it as the drive just clicks and displays an error message. However, I KNOW that Nintendo of America used this unit and the contents could be anything. This unit also has some usual writing on the front of it that doesn't look like any third party developer kit I have seen. I was told the label means "Nintendo Ultra Disc unit #1 for the USA".
>I want to know what the contents of that blue disc is. Do you have a recommendation of somebody who could help me out?
>Thanks!
>>
File: 64DD_English2.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
64DD_English2.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: 64DD_English3.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
64DD_English3.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
So, do you think it's legit, /v/?
>>
What kind of money are these weirdo prototype consoles usually worth, assuming they're proven to be legitimate?
>>
>>344925770
The Nintendo/Sony SuperDisc sold for 75$ because they didn't know what it was

they could go anywhere from pocket change to thousands
>>
File: projectile-vomiting-11.jpg (52 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
projectile-vomiting-11.jpg
52 KB, 450x296
>>344925430
>>344925486
>stretched 4:3 SD console on a 16:9 HD LCD
>>
>>344925587
it's just a photo shopped little mac
>>
>>344925587
>collector
>keeps his console in that condition
>plugs that fucking console into possibly the rarest N64 item in existance
>>
>>344925587
the text on the cyan stickers is definitely shopped
>>
Would be cool if real I don't see why anyone would fake this
>>
>>344925587
Makes sense considering that the English N64 game development manuals had instructions for developing 64DD games.

http://n64.icequake.net/doc/n64intro/kantan/step4/index.html
http://n64devkit.square7.ch/pro-man/index.htm
>>
>>344926454
Money anon, they could go so far as to extract the rom memory, edit it somehow and patch it so it show the text in english for a million dollar collectible article.
>>
>Zelda 64 Disk Drive with topographical world map, sword slash and footsteps recording, realistic plant and grass growth.

YES, PLEEEASE. OH GOODNESS, THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.
>>
>>344926505
>http://n64.icequake.net/doc/n64intro/kantan/step4/index.html
>The development-use drive: The development-use 64DD utilizes development-use disks (blue disks), which are inserted in the blue bezel (disk insertion slot).
>drive in >>344925587 has a black bezel, not a blue one
Fake confirmed?
>>
>>344926919
Just because they have the DD doesn't mean they'd have the original beta zelda, get a hold of yourself

plus those were probably just ideas shot around in development rather than actually developed
>>
>>344927046
>This unit also had a N64 blue disc inside, but I don't know what is on it as the drive just clicks and displays an error message.
Seems like it's a consumer model
>>
>>344925430
What the fuck am I reading?
What is this shit and why should anyone care. If it doesn't solve the emulation problem I don't give a fuck.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.