[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:Post and discuss videokino. I'll start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Hatred.jpg (760 KB, 1919x1042) Image search: [Google]
Hatred.jpg
760 KB, 1919x1042
ITT:Post and discuss videokino.
I'll start.
>>
It was fun killing everyone and shouting out normalfags! but im not sure what else it had to offer.
>>
whats the movie equivalent of Hatred?
>>
File: rampage-1[1].jpg (74 KB, 656x362) Image search: [Google]
rampage-1[1].jpg
74 KB, 656x362
>>344923856
Rampage, obviously.
>>
>>344923856
Taxi Driver
>>
>kino
What does this meme mean?
>>
>>344923856
Postal
>>
>>344924612
/tv/ meme
>>
File: 1445824354811.jpg (55 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
1445824354811.jpg
55 KB, 600x662
>>344924612
I think its German for theater.
/tv/ memers picked it up and use it to not sound as dumb as they usually do.
>>
>>344924612
Kino means cinema in French and I think German. Way back, it was a term used to describe a certain style of films; mostly artsy, experimental shit. Then later the term became films that were supposed to be A+ #1 10/10 primo cream-of-the-crop movie.

Now that /tv/ found a new word they just use it as a sentence enhancer and slap it at the end of whatever other word they want. It has since lost all meaning.
>>
>>344923984
This, but it's a horrible movie.
>>
File: fuck u.jpg (36 KB, 661x451) Image search: [Google]
fuck u.jpg
36 KB, 661x451
>>344925246
I really like it. I even like the second one, though I don't think it's as good.
>>
>>344925407
I thought the idea was cool, but the way the movie presents the protagonist in a positive light is distasteful to me as the viewer. I've never watched the sequel, but I'm personally not fond of a movie trying to personally empathize with people who feel superior to those around them because the world isn't how they want it to be.
>>
>>344926180
I know it's edgy but I liked that they showed the shooter's side and what his motivations were, even if they weren't that great.
>>
>>344926383
actually I kind of like it more that they showed you shitty reasons to sympathize with him. I thought it was a bit refreshing, in a Thank You For Smoking kind of way.
>>
/tv/ won they have the best memes we can't compete
>>
the first person mod's pretty cool
>>
>>344924612
Ignore the "le meme" types.

It's a type of categorizing entertainment media.

A "movie" is casual entertainment, nothing deep or well made / conceived. Die Hard is a "movie."

A "film" is middle-tier. It is an attempt to offer something deeper. For example, Inception is a "film."

A "kino" is something close to pure brilliance. It might not be very enjoyable, but it is fascinating. The Master is a "kino."

People misuse these terms all the time, calling movies "film," etc. Hope this helps.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.