[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready for Star Wars Rebels: The Force Unleashed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1468446851299.jpg (124 KB, 833x420) Image search: [Google]
1468446851299.jpg
124 KB, 833x420
>>
>>344922287
>actually stealing the plot of TFU for Rebels
I mean, the entire SW Disney reboot is trash especially since it just steals all of its ideas from the EU and makes them worse but this is a new low.
>>
They don't look anything alike
>>
Reminder that according to the most recent leaks The Force came from a tree and Anakin was never The Chosen One but Rey is.
>>
File: 1464558407212.jpg (69 KB, 600x581) Image search: [Google]
1464558407212.jpg
69 KB, 600x581
>>344923757
4chan rumors =/= leaks

You should know this by now.
>>
>>344923757
Disney and Jew Jew Abraham want to shit on everything in the old universe in case you haven't noticed.
EU erased and replaced with Disney's own SJW version of it that rips off content from old EU in stride, Prequels being pretty much retconned outside of the Rebels cartoon referencing them by proxy with Clone Wars, New Trilogy completely invalidating EVERYTHING that happened in the Original Trilogy and basically being a reboot and so on and so forth.

Frankly I'm glad Disney buyout happens since now I don't have to worry about keeping up with any new SW material and can stick to safely progressing through my EU backlog completely ignoring and sometimes laughing at how awful the Disney shit is.
>>
>>344923757
If this is true I'm trashing every piece of Star Wars merchandise I own. Admittedly it's not much but I will wash my hands of the franchise forever. Of course there's absolutely no proof it's true but man if it is...
>>
>Replaying Kyle Katarn with some punk chick

Why.
>>
>>344926136
Kyle Katarn got replaced by a drunk failure man, not a punk chick.
You're thinking of Jan Ors (who was asian) being replaced by a generic feminist power fantasy white punk chick that needs no man and does everything better than men, called Jyn Erso (that's literally her name, Disney has literally 0 creativitiy). And just like her name being stolen from EU, her accomplishments are also being stolen from Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors, EU characters.

Disney is just making their own shitty reboot of the entire Star Wars brand.
See >>344924161
>>
>>344923757
But Anakin already fulfilled the prophecy and destroyed the Sith.

>New Trilogy completely invalidating EVERYTHING that happened in the Original Trilogy
What? (Genuinely asking)

>Prequels being pretty much retconned
Good.
>>
>>344926463
Sorry, also referencing >>344924161
>>
>>344926463
It's just another rumor, not confirmed. There are set pics to confirm the tree existing and the whole Chosen One thing explaining how Rey is so naturally talented with The Force. Thing is the guy could have seen the tree and crafted a story to go with it, or he could be legit. We won't know for a while.
>>
>>344924161
>EU
>Emperor Palpatine clones
>Luke goes to the Dark Side
>Extra-galactic invaders makes people think Palpatine was a good guy

Alright I'll cool off with the shitposting. I am actually genuinely curious in the EU. A lot of it does sound ridiculous, but I'd like to delve more into Star Wars.
It can't be as bad and convoluted as it's made out to be, right?
>>
>>344923757
>believing /tv/ rumors

You're a gullible moron. I bet you bought into the GOT spoilers that said Tormund was going to die.
>>
>>344926463
>What? (Genuinely asking)
Did you even fucking watch Ep7?

Rebellion is still around and hasn't achieved anything.
Leia is an old general woman still fighting the losing fight.
Han is a drunk old man that stopped caring about anything and is having midlife crisis in his 70s.

>>344926801
>>Emperor Palpatine clones
>>Luke goes to the Dark Side
Comics shit, stuff that was always ignored by the EU novels and games, cherrypick harder.

>>Extra-galactic invaders makes people think Palpatine was a good guy
Universally agreed among the EU fanbase that NJO and everything after it is trash.
>>
>>344926927
Also pressed enter before I was done typing.

>>344926463
>What? (Genuinely asking)
Did you even fucking watch Ep7?

Rebellion is still around and hasn't achieved anything.
Leia is an old general woman still fighting the losing fight.
Han is a drunk old man that stopped caring about anything and is having midlife crisis in his 70s.
Empire is still around and is stronger than ever with Death Star 3.0 that can now fire its laser through Hyperspace at multiple targets at once.
Luke considers himself a failure and fucked off into Exile.

Yeah, OT sure fucking mattered in Disneyverse.
>>
>>344926909
It didn't start on /tv/ though, not that it makes it more credible.

Here's the really detailed "leak".

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-wars-episode-8-plot-leak-reveals-game-changing-sequence-between-luke-skywalker-541147
>>
>>344926776
>There are set pics to confirm the tree existing

Here's to hoping it's a metaphorical tree in a crappy flashback/dream imagery sequence describing the Force as energy that binds all living things.
But if it's an actual, literal Forcetree I'm gonna be a bit salty.
>>
>>344926927
>Rebellion is still around and hasn't achieved anything.
Aside from the fact it's obviously liberated several systems, why would destroying the emperor destroy all of the empire?

>Leia is an old general woman still fighting the losing fight.
Doesn't undo anything from the Originals, and effectively the same point as above.

>Han is a drunk old man that stopped caring about anything and is having midlife crisis in his 70s
See above. It doesn't invalidate the events of the Original trilogy at all. And yeah, he's older fair fucks, but the guy's son went on a murder spree and he obviously didn't deal with it well, why would age change that?
>>
>>344927119
>Empire is still around and is stronger than ever with Death Star 3.0 that can now fire its laser through Hyperspace at multiple targets at once.
I agree the DS3 was stupid, but it didn't invalidate anything, the empire wouldn't just fall like the Orcs at the end of RotK

>Luke considers himself a failure and fucked off into Exile.
See point about Han, but he feels more directly responsible. Fair fucks to the boy
>>
>>344927180
The Tree is on the planet Luke is staying on and it's very old looking. It's possible that he's just using it as a home sort of like Yoda's hut, but given its location it doesn't seem to be in a dream. He went looking for the first Jedi Temple. The tree may be related. Also Force Trees are a thing in the new canon.
>>
>>344927436
>>344927726
You couldn't be more of a Disney cockslurper if you tried.

>Aside from the fact it's obviously liberated several systems, why would destroying the emperor destroy all of the empire?
Because the Emperor single handedly ruled the Empire and it should've turned into infighting power struggles and split into smaller factions, which is actually what did happen in the EU.

>Doesn't undo anything from the Originals, and effectively the same point as above.
It does, Rebellion itself shouldn't be around anymore, new Republic should be present and Leia should be a prominent figure in it rather than an underground fighter.

>See above. It doesn't invalidate the events of the Original trilogy at all. And yeah, he's older fair fucks, but the guy's son went on a murder spree and he obviously didn't deal with it well, why would age change that?
YEAH, IT TOTALLY DOESN'T INVALIDATE THE 3 FUCKING MOVIES WORTH OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FOR HIM AND LEIA, TOTALLY, FUCK YOU

>I agree the DS3 was stupid, but it didn't invalidate anything, the empire wouldn't just fall like the Orcs at the end of RotK
Building DS3 with a smaller faction should be impossible enough already, but one that's somehow technologically and budget-wise more overblown than anything from Palpatine era (and Palpatine was the one with megalomania prompting such projects to begin with) is just insane. Again, Empire should've fractured due to internal power struggles.

>See point about Han, but he feels more directly responsible. Fair fucks to the boy
ABLOO ABLOO IM A SHIT MASTER BETTER GO MASTURBATE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO UNFUCK MY MISTAKE

Suck that Disney cock harder please, and kill yourself while at it.
>>
>>344926927

Nah, there's at least one EU novel with palpatine clones.

Its been about 20 years since I read it though!
>>
>>344928403
>Nah, there's at least one EU novel with palpatine clones.
There ain't.
Palpatine clone thing is Dark Empire material, Dark Empire is a comic.
And it ain't even a clone either.
The plot is that Palpatine actually knew the dark side secret of immortality which is transferring your essence (spirit) into another body that hasn't yet developed it's own. He had vat-bred lifeless meatbags made in his image which he used to swap into after his death but everytime he did that it made him weaker, he did it a total of 2 times, 3rd time he attempted to use it on Leia's son only to get fucked in the process and get stuck in eternal limbo of torment outside of body with no way to ever get into one again.
>>
>>344922287
Why couldn't we get a good TCW game? That series was peak Star Wars.
>>
>>344928119
Forcetrees are a thing? What the hell is a forcetree?
>>
>>344928723
Dark Empire was pretty good.
>>
>>344929354
I half agree half disagree. It had relatively good execution of conceptually shit ideas.
>>
>>344929254
Something in the canon comics.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force-sensitive_tree
>>
>>344928257
Either you're trying too hard, or you've taken this too personally. I don't really care about what happened in the end, I liked Ep VII 3rd/4th best of all the SW films, it had a lot of problems I just don't see them as the same problems you've had.

Nothing you've written there means anything other than you're defending the EU and are mad at the new trilogy for not following the same plot lines. Maybe the Empire should have fallen to infighting, but that doesn't matter because as we know, it didn't. What's more is Snoke is seems fulfilling a similar role as the Emperor was (just not even a fraction as entertainingly). Since the Empire is still around, and the dominant force, then the Alliance should be, shock horror, rebelling.

>YEAH, IT TOTALLY DOESN'T INVALIDATE THE 3 FUCKING MOVIES WORTH OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FOR HIM AND LEIA, TOTALLY, FUCK YOU
I really don't get why it invalidates the character development over the original trilogy. Yeah that ended in a romance forming, but people and emotions are more complex than the closing scene and we're given plenty of reason for Han having a crisis. He might even feel responsible for Ben (Why did he call him Ben he knew Obi-Wan for like a few days at most, that was odd) as he used to be adamant that the force never existed, and now he's accepted it and maybe encouraged his son to become a jedi. The film was underwritten in that respect but it still doesn't change anything.

I have to 2 part this sorry
>>
>>344928257
>>344930596
2/2

Death Star 3 was stupid, I can't defend it overall because it was obviously paralleled with the weird 4/5 remake thing they were going for, but your argument of it invalidating the originals just doesn't make sense.

And the Luke point, it was a plot device, and little more. But in the context of the story, Luke fucked up, everybody knows he's fucked it and that's why they're looking for him to unfuck it. He thought he'd (helped) destroy the dark side, especially given his own conflict following Ep V, but he effectively brought it back to the galaxy with Ben.

>Suck that Disney cock harder please, and kill yourself while at it.

It's just a fiction franchise. It's fun to talk about but it's not worth getting so worked up about. The film had a lot of problems, I'll easily admit that. The exact same thing could be said back to you about the EU, but why would I? We're just talking about Star Wars on the internet.
>>
I don't care that much about games, but want Sam Witwer's career to continue
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.