[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on buying a used 3DS for $80? Screens are great but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Thoughts on buying a used 3DS for $80? Screens are great but has a bunch of scratches on outside.
>>
>>344918262
How many games do you want on it?
>>
>>344918580
Smash
>>
Get a Vita
>>
>>344918708
Oh boy
>>
What firmware?
>>
Original 3DS or another model? Because the version you posted in that image is pretty rough. It has some pretty sharp edges and generally just feels cheaply made with a poor resolution. $80 is pretty good but I really disliked the first version of the system. It's not very comfortable.
>>
Check the buttons, especially the circle pad and the shoulders.

Also keep in mind that $80 is the price of a new 2DS, so if you can swallow your pride and don't care about 3D you can just get that instead.
>>
>>344919008
Also, forgot to add. Over time if you have the original model closed a lot it can actually get scratched because the square raised frame on the bottom screen hits the top expose screen. If you close it a lot it can get a square shaped scratch around the top screen. It happened to me and it became noticeable after a while.

It wasn't a very well thought out design.
>>
I bought a DS slim and the R1 button stopped functioning. The screen became lose. Never buying a Nintendo handheld again.
>>
>>344919135
>mfw I kept the little insert they put between the screens because I heard about that problem
>mfw years later the insert is ragged and worn, but the screen is still pristine
>>
>>344919545
Smart. I got mine used and didn't know about the problem, so eventually I just had this clear square scratch around the upper screen. Thankfully I bought the N3DS and don't have that problem now, but it was still pretty shit at the time. How they didn't see that as a flaw I have no idea. It has no protection against the bottom plastic that hits glass.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.