[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Final Fantasy.jpg (159 KB, 800x346) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy.jpg
159 KB, 800x346
So I've been wanting to try out some of the Final Fantasy games,I've only played a few of them but between mobile ports,Steam ports,handheld verions and the originals trying to figure out where to start is a bit overwhelming. Anybody have any opinions on which ones I should play and which to avoid?
>>
>>344912840
IV SNES with the fan translation or the DS remake. Every other version is nerfed to the point where the game ends up boring instead of almost DQ-like.
>>
You make this thread everyday. Just come clean and admit you want to see the fanbase fight.
>>
>>344912997
From what I've seen IV seems to be a popular choice so I'll have to check it out.

>>344913029
Sorry but I rarely ever post on here.
>>
>>344913268

Protip: Use a different image next time you make the same thread. Using the same image every day is the biggest tell.
>>
>>344914460
Well it's one of the first few images when you Google Final Fantasy,so I imagine it would be pretty popular here....Any games you suggest playing?
>>
You wanna start with VII then go to VIII then complain when you find out VIII sucks. Then you'll play FFIX and you'll never touch another video game ever after IX.
>>
>>344914902
IX was actually one of the first ones I played and I got pretty far,somewhere into the third disc I think...I had VII too but I don't remember playing much of it.
>>
>>344912840
VII was my first entry to the ff series...and i picked it up during steam sale..Best soundtrack in any game imo, okay story and characters combat is hit or miss personally i loved it. Cant believe how the game never got boring when its a 45hours long
>>
>>344912840

IV, VI, VII, IX and X are all solid.

III and V are alright.

The others are either mediocre or a matter of preference.

Try FFT as well, it's amazing.
>>
Stay away from 12. Fuckin sand nigger simulator.
>>
>>344915417

I'M
>>
>>344915486

CAPTAIN
>>
>>344915417
I actually beat 12 a while back,that and 10 are the only games in the main series I've ever finished.
>>
>>344915617

Yeah with 12 all the content is hidden in the side quests and marks - it dwarfs the story.
>>
>>344915802
I specifically remember doing marks more than the story to that game.
>>
I - PSP
II - PSP
III - PSP
IV - PSP
V - GBA
VI - GBA
VII - Steam
VIII - don't play it
IX - Steam
X - Steam or PS4
XI and XIV are MMOs so IDK
XIII - don't play it
XV - keep waiting

Also try some spinoffs.
Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance is the best one
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
And Threathrythm Final Fantasy
>>
>>344916450

That's how it was - it was designed mor like an offline MMO.

It still remains one of my favourite games as I loved all the items and marks etc. - but I know I'm a minority and most hated it.
>>
>>344916848
Thanks for the input. I've played Dissidia,put around fifty hours into the first game and I haven't played the sequel nearly as much,but I plan to get around to it at some point...I'd like to get Threathrythm at some point too,looks pretty fun.

>>344916894
Well its been years since I played it but I remember really enjoying it,
>>
The only decent games are 5 and tactics.
But to fully appreciate these games you have to play through the others.
>>
>>344912997

>IV SNES with the fan translation

Why in fuck's name would you recommend anyone use that piece of shit? That is the worse fan "translation" that I've yet seen.

OP, you'll only get everyone's favorite and least favorite games. Start with VII, go from there. It's a great babby's first FF. If you don't like that, try one of the older games, any of the SNES ones, or one of the newer ones.
>>
I've played all the main series games except V. And I honestly only finished IV (DS), VI, VIII and X. All the others were either too boring or too annoying to finish.

I'd honestly suggest playing a different JRPG series.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.