[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Are Arkham Games So Easy and Boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: moderngaming.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
moderngaming.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Thread title. My 10 year old sister has no problem beating any of these games
>>
I only played the first one. Did they remove the little flinch that means you get hit if you mistimed that? I'm sure you definitely could not just spam it before
>>
We've been over this goddamnit. You can counter like that forever, but you won't actually defeat any enemies, and at around the mid-point of each game enemies start showing up that either have to be dodged, or require precise timing to parry
>>
Because it's literally made for normies, so the combat has to be easy and casual, with a lot of visual flair and low skill required.
>>
>>344911125
Do you know that you aren't defeating anyone?
>>
>>344912012
>>344911972

Press Triangle to be invincible during combat isn't wonderful either.
>>
>>344912120
you stole my words
>>
>>344912120
*Unzips Riotshield/Stun Baton/Knife/Muscles*
Heh, nothing personnel kid, you were just retarded...
>>
I thought Arkham Asylum was pretty good when it came to everything that wasn't combat.
>>
>>344911125
Because like half of Batman's moveset has i-frames on it or stops enemies from attacking and all of the counters have next to zero timing involved. On top of that almost every special enemy has a single set way to beat themJumping over stun weapons, jump attack on shield guys so you never actually have to think or figure anything out.
>>
>>344911972
>You can counter like that forever
On easy? In Arkham Knight? I don't know about everyone else, but typically if you hammer triangle like a retard someone's gonna slip into your guard and slap your shit while you're flailing like a retard in the games that don't suck.
>>
i like shadow of mordor because of how hilariously overpowered you can become

and the nemesis system is fucking great i wish another game had it
>>
>>344912120
Omg... Triangle is only a way to be able to keep combos.
>>
>>344911125
It's pretty tough and fun on Knightmare difficulty. You actually have to use gadgets ans watch your enemies since the counter prompt doesnt show.
>>
>>344912409
Just play a real action game
>>
>>344911125
>That webm
>Doing virtually no damage to any of the enemies
>Probably takes a fair bit of damage himself in the full video
>Gets a completely shit rating and no combos
>Is literally impossible to do past the first few fights because enemies get weapons that can't be countered, require different counters, or will run for guns
>People who have never played the game will still use it to shitpost

The games aren't hard, but that webm is just stupid.
>>
>>344911125
It's Batman, it's meant for kids.
>>
>>344911125
Sure, that's okay if you play on easy, or enjoy taking hours to take out a single enemy group.

This stops working part way into the game as well, as enemies get attacks that need to be reacted to in different ways.

oh i forgot /v/ doesn't play games they shit on
>>
File: 1459734004195.jpg (66 KB, 600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459734004195.jpg
66 KB, 600x1200
>anon smacks one button for a half hour and accomplishes nothing
>hurr durr this game sucks
>>
>>344911125
>B-B-But the one difficulty that removes the prompt proves you wrong h-haha
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.