[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Devs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: destiny edition.png (4 MB, 2250x1932) Image search: [Google]
destiny edition.png
4 MB, 2250x1932
How's that gaem going?
>>
>>344894465
It's gone to hell, I updated the UE4 version and now everything just randomly breaks.
>>
>>344894465
terrible
I was consistently working on learning to program (like 2 hours daily)
then school got time consuming
then I became a fat fuck
so Ive been focusing on diet and excercise
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (398).png (813 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (398).png
813 KB, 1366x768
finishing controller and arquitecture for my game.
>>
>>344896263
I like the aesthetic, man
>>
File: cig.png (853 KB, 789x553) Image search: [Google]
cig.png
853 KB, 789x553
close to shipping a new update but none of the faggot VAs email their lines on time

so even as ready as I am to get this shit done, I still have to mix and lip-sync all their lines
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (379).png (692 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (379).png
692 KB, 1366x768
>>344896798
thanks.
in the night looks better.
>>
File: farscape_peacekeeper_coat_1.jpg (73 KB, 1000x1508) Image search: [Google]
farscape_peacekeeper_coat_1.jpg
73 KB, 1000x1508
I gotta work 12h shifts to help my bro out. That leaves 4 hours for me. However I am way too tired after work to do any mental work. So now I wake up 4 hours before work and dev then, since my mind works then and then go to work. But I do have to get up at 3am for that doe. But that's not that bad, since sun rises at 1am here anyways.
>>
>>344897363
I admire you're work ethic
so many faggots here would just "ugh I don't have any time and am too tired"
>>
>>344896263
anon those house models look really familiar
where did you get them
>>
>>344898214
unity asset store and then modify the normals and textures to make it work with my own style.
>>
File: 1.gif (284 KB, 396x241) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
284 KB, 396x241
>>
Im playing around with Gamemaker. I think im starting to sorta get in the mindset for it.
Is there tutorials online if i get stuck on certain stuff i have no idea to implement? Cause if there are i might as well get started working on something and try to learn on the way.
>>
File: basically everything.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
basically everything.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>344894465
Wrong image, idiot
>>
>>344897214
Prefer day. Is quite nice. I expect you're looking for gripping gameplay to add to your world and visuals?

>>344897363
Far fucking scape, broh. I'm too self serving to work for myself like that. Wasting my time on entertainment and interests rather than commitments that will pay off for me and others. I can work and volunteer in very long shifts but I'm not strong enough to do things for myself and when I try I get tired quickly.

Guys look to this bro for inspiration. Your time right now isn't worth shit, the world's fucked but it'll grow, get yourself established in skillset and wealth, sacrifice your shitty current self for a great, better, future one.
Look at this guy for further commitment inspiration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da5RoS4w5YU
>>
I've been putting it off for 5 years because I can't do anything that doesn't deliver instant gratification.

>tfw actually have a networking in with game company
>Don't have anything to show them because I never learned shit
>By the time I do learn and have something to show I won't have the connection any more
>>
>>344899792
I'm still upset about World Editor being that small compared to everything else.
>>
>>344899792
Rofl some of this shit.
add lua
>>
>>344900004
JUST DO IT
YES YOU CAN
>>
Relearning C++. Forgot everthing.
Gonna go with SFML this time after i revise my knowledge.
>>
>>344900004
You can do it! Ya just gotta find that idea and then just start working. Dont wait for the motivation but create it.
>>
I've given up on being anything but a programmer, i've got a code base and some systems up and running, just no art and ideas to go with it.
I'm looking for artists who can't program instead.
I've been emailing one who's got a good story and some great concept and game art to go with it so hopefully that'll pan out
>>
>>344900110
Sorry my man, i didnt make it, that anon only comes around once every few months.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.