[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you don't like Overmeme or Pokemon GO How much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1426714416674.jpg (68 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1426714416674.jpg
68 KB, 600x450
>tfw you don't like Overmeme or Pokemon GO

How much time left since /v/ changes the fotm? The threads couldn't be more boring.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-11+at+06.40.55).png (169 KB, 1285x575) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-11+at+06.40.55).png
169 KB, 1285x575
>>
click on the threads you do like and not the ones you don't like

if you don't see a thread discussing something you'd like, then make one
>>
>>344893935
But anon my point flew over your head.
I don't mind people discussing whatever they like, I however mind a entire website going apeshit about a trend and making 10 threads a day about said games when /vg/ exists.
>>
>>344894101
Inb4
>But anon how dare they like, what I don't like. This demands holy crusade
>>
File: 18qg4nx5anhnrjpg.jpg (17 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
18qg4nx5anhnrjpg.jpg
17 KB, 256x352
>>344893793
>he still doesnt have OW and pokemon in his filter
>>
>man I hate how many PoGO and OW threads there are
>better make a new thread about both
>>
>>344894547
>"if you stop paying attention to it, it will dissapear"

Maybe your parents used this with you as a kid but it doesn't work on the internet, my friend.
>>
Usually I don't go for the contrarian /v/ DURR NORMIES opinion, but Pokemon GO is legitimately baffling to me with how much it has caught on. I know WHY it caught on (DAE WANT REAL LIFE POKEMON?) but the 'gameplay' of it is abysmal and it doesn't seem that extraordinarily social. I went with my girlfriend to a couple of different places and she just did what amounted to a quick time event and then we walked to different places.

It doesn't upset me or anything, it's just confusing. I'd play it if it had more generations or actual Pokemon combat.
>>
>>344894658

>If I pay more attention to it, it will disappear

It doesn't work like this either
>>
>>344894712
I usually dont either t. bethesda fan but OW and Pokemon are both total shit
>>
>>344894712
I don't get it either desu. I can understand overwatch even though I don't care about it, but i just can't comprehend GO.
What's so great about walking around like a bunch of sheep only to then swipe your screen a couple of times.

I wonder how many people already crashed their cars driving around looking at their screens.
It's only a matter of time until someone gets himself killed walking into traffic or a wrong neighborhood.
>>
File: 1364435692027.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1364435692027.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>344894712
Want the truth?
Videogames nowadays are not a experience anymore, but something to use as a "background activity."
For instance, people don't play online games for the sake of enjoying said games, but for the social interaction, hence why games are getting the casual treatment over and over, to dumb them down and make it accessible to everyone while talking to a friend.
Pokemon GO is the new "with your friends!" game, just like vidya has been devolving into with games like MOBAs, Arena Shooters etc.

This is not a videogame, a videogame is a virtual experience where the player uses the inputs on the controller to change the course of said game, while focusing on it and developing skills later honed by several hours of playing it.

There are no skills required in modern gaming, there are no challenges in modern vidya, and there is 0 chance that this will change because videogames are such a big industry atm that it's better to pander to literally everyone than making a new, original and challenging game.

TLDR: Videogames are the new background music you play while talking to a friend.
>>
>>344895335
Many don't even play anymore. Just watch some retarded streamer do it instead.
>>
>>344893935
>He doesn't use the catalog
>>
>>344893793
>I don't like it
>so that means it's flavor of the month garbage

Nice logic you got there
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.