[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"For this son of mine was dead and has come to life aga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
File: pokemon1_col.png (63 KB, 680x632) Image search: [Google]
pokemon1_col.png
63 KB, 680x632
"For this son of mine was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and has been found."

https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/13/pokemon-go-tops-twitters-daily-users-sees-more-engagement-than-facebook/

> On Monday, Pokémon Go saw just under 21 million daily active users in the U.S., topping Candy Crush’s rumored peak audience in 2013 as well as other top games like Draw Something, Clash Royale, and Slither.io, which hit their own peaks in various years.
>>
File: MAIN-Gable-Tostee.jpg (57 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
MAIN-Gable-Tostee.jpg
57 KB, 615x409
>>344892978
> An earlier report from SimilarWeb had pegged Pokémon Go as having surpassed dating app Tinder, in terms of installs, while it was closing in on Twitter’s daily active users. By Thursday, July 7th, the app had been installed on more Android smartphones than the dating app, the firm had said.
>>
I bet Battleborn is pissed.
>>
>>344893081

> But active users is only one metric of gauging a game’s success. Thanks to the competitive nature of today’s app stores, it’s also important to track how long users actually engage with an application.

> On this front, Pokémon Go is also breaking records. According to app store intelligence firm SensorTower, mobile users are now spending more time playing Pokémon Go than they are spending time in Facebook.
>>
>>344893081
Tinder is shit anyways
>>
File: twitter-dead-cropped.png (34 KB, 505x380) Image search: [Google]
twitter-dead-cropped.png
34 KB, 505x380
>>344893205

> Today, SimilarWeb tells us that Pokémon Go did manage to surpass Twitter in terms of daily active users on Monday, and now sees 5.92 percent of the U.S. Android population engaging with the app on a daily basis.
>>
>>344892978
This is the beginning of the end for video games.
When all greedy companies see how much this shit is raking in they won't be able to keep their mitts off it.
>>
>>344893205
Considering you have to have the app always on since it has no fucking push notifications this doesn't surprise me in the slightest
>>
File: sergey-brin.jpg (50 KB, 868x617) Image search: [Google]
sergey-brin.jpg
50 KB, 868x617
>>344893301

> The report also noted that Pokémon Go is now closing in on Snapchat on Android, and the Pokémon Go Android application could even pass Google Maps on Android.
>>
File: 333.gif (489 KB, 480x262) Image search: [Google]
333.gif
489 KB, 480x262
>>344893319
You mean the beginning of the Rebirth of Video Games?

All the big companies killing the medium by catering to casuals and test audiences will flock to the Mobile market with their brands, leaving the consoles to die and wither and ultimately making it so only people's passion projects with heart and soul get made for the PC. It's our greatest hope.
>>
>>344893319
Do all greedy companies in this world have something matching Pokemon in terms of sheer popularity and brand recognition? I don't think so. This is, I think, one of those very rare cases where it won't be easy to just make a knock off version of a popular app and call it a day. People won't want nor care about King's or Supercell's poor attempts at making their own Pikachu rip off. They're always going to flock to the real deal.
>>
>>344893530
>Pokémon Go Android application could even pass Google Maps on Android
>Pokemon Go Android could pass an app that comes pre installed on almost all Android devices by default
I smell bullshit
>>
File: NTDOY.jpg (49 KB, 554x407) Image search: [Google]
NTDOY.jpg
49 KB, 554x407
>>344893530

> Nintendo's stock skyrocketed 33 percent on Monday as the company's new smartphone game Pokémon GO gains popularity.

> Nintendo's shares have climbed 60 percent year to date.
>>
File: he_that_believeth_in_games.jpg (108 KB, 1172x586) Image search: [Google]
he_that_believeth_in_games.jpg
108 KB, 1172x586
>>344894554
http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-go-why-you-should-play-1468430960

> We’re standing at a defining moment in the history of technology.

> This is augmented reality, or AR, where your smartphone’s camera, GPS and position sensors tell the game what to display and where. It’s a digital world layered over the real one. Unlike virtual reality, which transports you to another universe, you play in your own.

> That’s the key difference between VR and AR. VR headsets, like the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive, transport you to a location—whether it be a house you’re eyeing or the courtside NBA seats you’ve always wanted. In actuality, you could be all alone, in a dark basement. VR doesn’t care.

> “Technology is no value on its own,” says Jaron Lanier, a computer scientist who is regarded as the father of VR. “It’s always about how it fits into people’s lives.” For millions, inexplicably, Pokémon was the fit. Need proof? I just saw a grown man in a suit and tie jump a fence to catch a fluffy bug-eyed Venonat.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.