[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bioshock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: j60q8hbq66j3xtqagxhv[1].jpg (41 KB, 636x360) Image search: [Google]
j60q8hbq66j3xtqagxhv[1].jpg
41 KB, 636x360
Why do people criticize Infinite for having tedious combat but excuse this game?

The combat is literally the same. Both games have amazing atmospheres unfortunately interrupted by too many contrived combat sequences. So why does Infinite get so much flak?
>>
Hardest difficulty in Infinite was a real slog, don't remember the first game being like that but it's been a while.
>>
>>344885816
>So why does Infinite get so much flak?
Because it fucks up even harder in more places.
>>
>>344886758
I mean in regards to combat.
>>
>>344885816
Bio 1 and 2 didn't have bullet sponges for regular enemies and super bullet sponges for though enemies and a fucking bullet black hole for the single fucking boss it has
Combat in Bio 1 and 2 never felt like a chore, like something I had t put up with just to get the next chunk of the story
Maps being hallways also made it extra boring as I slowly walked forward and dumped ammo mag after ammo mag on mobs
Two guns only system has an emphasis on making you use the weapons you find around and "improvise" but it goes against the weapon upgrade system and the specific weapon ammo system, so yay for boring times with almost no ammo because you don't want to give up your supper upgraded gun for some shitty alternate universe version of it
and to top it all the story was shit and proves that ken has no idea how time travel and multiverse theories work
>>
>>344885816
>The combat is literally the same
Except for more diverse enemies, weapons, plasmids, arenas, tactics..., but you are right, they are more or less identical.
>>
>>344885816
Enemies didn't take infinite attacks to down and you could have more than one weapon at once. The combat was streamlined in Infinite but lost what made it fun in Bio 1
>>
Bioshock: 2007
Bioshock Infinite: 2013
>>
>>344885816
Bioshock had leagues more build variety compared to Infinite. Also you could carry like 8 weapons instead of the 2 weapon limit system that has plagued the industry for the last decade and a half.
>>
>>344885816
Infinite gets flak because it's a step back on what was already the weakest part of the series.

There isn't a single fight in Infinite that can stand up to the first Daddy fight of 1, or even the double Sister fight of 2.

The only memorable boss in Infinite is the ghost and it's only remembered because of how fucking awful it is.
>>
Because the enemies weren't retarded bullet sponges like they were in infinshit.
Not to mention you had to set up traps and the like to avoid getting absolute overrun.
Infinite is your standard hide-behind-a-crate-and-pop-shot-with-the-sniper garbage we've seen since COD4 was released.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.