[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need someone to redpill me on the DS/2DS/3DS Im interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 876432NintendoDS[1].png (510 KB, 880x609) Image search: [Google]
876432NintendoDS[1].png
510 KB, 880x609
I need someone to redpill me on the DS/2DS/3DS

Im interested in playing a few pokemon games, Zero Escape series and generally "good"/"fun" games.

The price seems to range quite a lot. Im seeing DS' that cost twice as much because of a different colour. So whats the buying guide on a DS these days, should i just go DS or is 3DS good?
>>
If you want to play GBA games for the regular DS, preferablly the clamshell one for a slightly better screen you can trade for over style with the ds lite. DSi is pretty useless since it only plays DS games

get the 3DS if you're more interested in 3DS games over GBA games.

go to your local pawnshop rather then trying to deal with ebay if you want a used one.
>>
Only bother with the original DS if you're a total poorfag. If you're that much of a poorfag, also get a DS flashcart so you can pirate games.

Otherwise get a 3DS. That's also good if you're a moderate poorfag since you can hack it for 3DS/GBA games and continue to use a flashcart for DS games.
>>
>>344885876
can the 3DS play GBA games?
>>
>>344886046

If you hack it. There's no physical slot for it but it contains the brains for it, just like the DS did.
>>
>>344886030
is there only one type of 3DS or more?
>>
3DS is good, but do not get the original first version of it. Goddamn, that things edges cut into my palm like no tomorrow. Add to it a terrible resolution and feeling cheap in general. I've heard the 2DS is fine. Looks a little cheaply made to me, but I haven't held it so I wouldn't know. I currently have the N3DS and it's pretty comfy. Still doesn't look or feel as good as my Vita, but a massive improvement over the original 3DS.

As for just the DS, I'd just recommend emulating games personally. DS emulation works great from what I've experienced. But if you really want to, don't get the original DS. It's bulky and not super comfortable. Get the DS Lite or whatever it's called.

DS can play GBA games, 3DS can play DS games but not GBA game.
>>
>>344886136

There's a shitton of types of 3DS.
>Old 3DS
Standard model.
>Old 3DS XL.
Same thing, but bigger.
>2DS
No clamshell design, shaped like a doorstop. More comfortable than it sounds. No 3D screen, but same software compatibility.
>New 3DS.
Contains more powerful hardware, but few games take advantage of it without CFW hacks. More stable 3D and one or two exclusive games, like Xenoblade. Built in Amiibo support.
>New 3DS XL
Same thing, but bigger.
>>
>>344886414

My only gripe with the 2DS is that the d-pad isn't very good and it's still a little small. Otherwise it's an improvement, and I don't care about the 3D screen going.
>>
>>344886414
whats the emulation software called?
>>
>>344886618

DeSmuMe
>>
File: englel.webm (411 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
englel.webm
411 KB, 853x480
>>344885608
>redpill me
>>
File: giphy.gif (857 KB, 600x443) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
857 KB, 600x443
>>344885608
Got my "New Nintendo 3DS XL" last week.

Playing Pokemon and New Mario Bros 2

No regrets.

BTW what ive noticed as a new user:

CONS:
1)Even though I have the 2014 Version the screen is very pixelated and graphics sux.
2)Very few games avaible
3)Very expensive games (40 - 60$)
4)Battery is shit
5)Comes without a charger so you need to order few chragers before you buy it/
6)It comes with a 4gb micros sd so you need to by a decent class 10 32gb micro sd.
7)You need unscrew the bottom in order to change Micro SD
8) You will loose your stylus in 10 minutes.
9) 3d effect is very blurry

PROS:
1) Amazing gameplay
2) You dont have to use the stylus in order to control the touch screen
3) Confortable in your arm

I have absolutely no regrets spending almost 500$ on the console plus games. I really enjoy it. If you like Pokemon and mario, you must have a 3ds!
>>
>>344888417
Without a charger? why do i need a few?

this sounds like its awful desu.

Im considering against it because of your glowing review
>>
>>344888703
1) Why buy several chargers?
Because its a special charger and if you have only one and you loose it = you are fucked.
2)Buy or not?
If you like nintendo games = buy
If you like CoD and Fifa = dont buy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.