[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S OFFICIAL, REGGIE IS IN THE WATER TEMPLE IS OVERRATED CAMP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: WaterTemple.png (18 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
WaterTemple.png
18 KB, 120x90
https://youtu.be/JWVdUsQFZYw

Skip to 5:21
>>
>>344874851
How does vanilla water temple compare to the master quest version?
My only playthrough of OoT was Master Quest, so I can't really compare the two.
>>
File: 1468270433970.jpg (35 KB, 495x595) Image search: [Google]
1468270433970.jpg
35 KB, 495x595
>>344876857
Even without the Master Quest temple as reference, I dont even get the 'meme' of Water Temple being INSANELY HARD OH MY GOD LETS RAGE ABOUT IT

If you have a basic sense of direction and use the Mini-Map, I see no reason why you should get stuck.

The only thing 'annoying' is going through your first time and having to constantly play the Ocarina and change the water depth.
>>
>>344874851
The water temple in MM was worse.
>>
>>344877151
I imagine that one spot where you raise the water level in the central room and a platform rises with it, and you're meant to go in the hole the block USED to be in throws a lot of people since it's not easy to see and you don't even notice the platform rose.

But then, the last time I even played OoT was in 1998 so I can't remember for certain.
>>
>>344874851
God damn these guys seem obnoxious as all hell.

Also this >>344877308
I played Ocarina of Time when I was 12 and haven't since, but I had no trouble with the water temple. Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask, however, gave me a bit of trouble. Even then, though, it wasn't all too much.
>>
>>344877543

You don't see it.

In the 3DS remake, they explicitly made a cutscene SHOWING the platform rise and the hole it was in for that reason.

I remember being exasperated with the Water Temple, but didn't really find it hard, even as a kid.

That fucking whirlpool river room with the little ledge was the most annoying fucking thing for me.
>>
It's kind of annoying because the game is clearly not designed for switching boots on the fly and the hardware takes a bit to open the menu every time, but it never has been some kind of non-euclidean monstrosity like everyone makes it out to be
I had a friend who told me he had to restart the whole dungeon because the water level got stuck somewhere and he couldn't progress - motherfucker, just warp out! It resets the water level!
It could be better if the boots were an item like in TP, but fuck, it isn't a bad dungeon. It's still pretty cool that you can't swing a sword in the water.
>>
>>344877151
Opening your inventory constantly is pretty annoying, too.
>>
Do you guys really believe Reggie played Ocarina of Time? His answer "I found it pretty straight forward" feels kind of like a lie?
>>
File: image.png (86 KB, 456x445) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86 KB, 456x445
>play master quest
>go to water temple
>mfw the 3 Stalfos CQC encounter
>>
>>344876857
Master quest version is actually easier.

Its the Master Quest forest temple which is a kick in the fucking balls.
>>
>>344878435
The dungeon is straight forward, it's just that nearly everyone misses that second key towards the end, which causes you to run around like a maniac trying to figure out what to do.
>>
File: tfw not oscar.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
tfw not oscar.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>344874851
I want to punch that faggot with the glasses, his voice is horrid
>>
>>344877151
It isn't hard, it's just tedious to change boots every so often since bringing up the pause/inventory isn't as quick and smooth as other games.
>>
>people actually thought that it was possible to make it unbeatable

Who was the retard who thought that? And don't give that excuse that you were just a kid at the time, the game is designed to be beaten by kids.
>>
Was Dark Link bugged? I remember reading a walkthrough saying Dark Link was a challenging fight, but he never attacked me at all. i just used the Big Goron Sword to kill him without taking any damage.
>>
>>344881678
I th ink the Biggoron sword and the hammer fucks him up. If you use the Master Sword then he keeps blocking your attacks and stands on your sword.
>>
>>344877857
That change was bullshit, one of my only complaints about the remake. Might as well not even have a puzzle at that point.
>>
File: 502.jpg (41 KB, 351x359) Image search: [Google]
502.jpg
41 KB, 351x359
>master quest shadow temple
>>
ONLY INTERVIEW THAT MATTERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVJMCAJ_6io
>>
The water temple is slow but not particularly challenging. Even in terms of plain navigation I got lost more often in the forest temple too.
>>
File: 1468214871194.png (164 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1468214871194.png
164 KB, 1200x900
>>344884339
>My favorite Zelda game is A Link to the Past
>the part with the shirts
>Majorer
>>
File: aonuma thumbs up.jpg (75 KB, 400x213) Image search: [Google]
aonuma thumbs up.jpg
75 KB, 400x213
>>344879928
>temple more about pressing switches and playing songs than it is fighting monsters or exploring
>the one dungeon where you can't use your sword for the majority of
>boss is literally "hit the eyeball with your dungeon item then flail it like a retard"
>>
Water Temple is easily one of the top 3 dungeons in the game.
>>
Grand palace > Water temple.
>>
The only thing infuriating about Water Temple is not noticing the Song-o-Time block the first time.
And they put it in the most tedious room you can return to later.
>>
It's not hard. It's just annoying, which arguably is far worse, but it's not hard.
>>
>>344884302
Been a while since I've played the Master Quest

What's so fab about it?
>>
OP, you do realize you could have simply appended #t=321s to the link, right?
>>
>>344885904
For some reason this artwork of shadow link unsettles me, it's like he has no right hip and the other leg hangs off like it's dead
>>
>>344887148
It's like the Second Quest in the first Zelda game for NES. The Nintendo developers threw everything into a blender and concocted a ROM hack of the main quest.

Stupid clowny shit like cow heads in Jabu-Jabu's Belly or 3 Stalfos in the Water Temple.
>>
Why does Reggie always seem like he's gonna kill somebody?
>>
>>344888175

He can feel whenever someone fucks up at NoA, but he can't tell precisely who.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.