[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they screw this up? A MM clone should be easy to make.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Beck no neck.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Beck no neck.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
How did they screw this up? A MM clone should be easy to make. Yet it took them 3 years, 4 million, and it's an ugly, buggy mess.
>>
making games is tough
>>
>>344868494

Rozenkruzestillette, and other games are MM clones and they're great. How did "The Father of Mega Man" (not really) screw this up?
>>
>>344868415
plenty people have made fan games, so it really is baffling. It has to be one of the easiest types of games to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ObHRd4UfA
>>
>>344868415
They made it like 8 platforms didn't they? I can't imagine it's cheap not that it's an excuse for poor game design.
>>
>>344868757

10 platforms actually. Including 3ds, Vita, ps3, 360. All systems that are pretty under powered (especially 3ds) and really different from one another.
>>
>>344868945
in hindsight that really should have been a red flag
>>
>>344868415
But it has such nice explosion effects!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSRGizeEEIg
>>
File: Megaman implores you.jpg (14 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Megaman implores you.jpg
14 KB, 259x194
>>344868415
>tfw they couldn't just do wall jumping
Not buying this game just for that.
>>
I pirated Mighty Gunvolt, and I love the fact that the story blurb in the manual doesn't even mention Beck.
>>
>>344869892
>>344869770

InaJew thought it was gonna be a big hit and part of some big new multi-media franchise. So he put it on every console available. And tried to have merchandise, anime, movies, comics, all ready for the release. His hubris and ambition got the better of him.
>>
>>344868415
It's only a "buggy mess" if you play on shitty Wii U. PC version works fine.
>>
File: JetAlone.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
JetAlone.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
Even if it was a good MM clone, that's all it would be recognized as. An MM clone. It'd forever be in the shadow of MegaMan, because it tried to be MegaMan itself. But it's just an imitation.

Even if it was better. It'd just be "that really good MM clone". Which I guess is what Inafune wanted, because he thinks he's the creator of MM and deserves to have his own copyrighted form of that. But it's soulless. I guess having no soul doesn't matter for MM fags who themselves have lost their own.
>>
>>344870427
They weren't trying to make a mega man X game.
>>
He didn't give a shit. That's really all there is to it, it's not hard to make a mediocre megaman clone but when you don't even try of course you'll fail at something that simple.

He took the money and ran.
>>
It's not a bad game but it's not the Next Big Thing, and is designed more like late X / ZX series games than classic Mega Man

That is to say, it's not what people expected
>>
>>344871654
That's not my point. They use edge clinging as a proxy for wall jumping. If they're going to do that, just put in wall jumping.
>>
>>344872020
Semantics, the game works fine with ledge clinging, it makes up so little of the game's stages it's barely worth complaining about much less boycotting for.

Also, there's stuff ledge clinging does that you couldn't do with wall jumps. Ex; when fighting Avi he has an attack you cannot dodge unless you ledge cling to the middle platform. Wall jumping could have worked here too theoretically but it would've also been cramped and much less intuitive than a ledge cling.
>>
>>344872426
I'm not saying they couldn't have had both. See Metroid Fusion.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.