[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what to play with inexperienced friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: vegeta and bulma.png (273 KB, 434x334) Image search: [Google]
vegeta and bulma.png
273 KB, 434x334
I just got a new friend who didn't play games growing up and now he wants to start playing. Things that experienced gamers take for granted--quickly understanding control schemes, being able to manipulate both analog sticks at the same time, knowing where the buttons are on the controller without looking--he can't really do any of that yet. We started playing Littlebigplanet and have been having fun; Guacamelee has been good too albeit still a little challenging for him. Can you guys recommend me any couch co-op games that are beginner friendly? Anything with camera control is off the table--we tried Portal 2 and my friend could hardly navigate (hopefully we'll get there.) I have a PS3 and 360.
>>
File: faraday cage.jpg (286 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
faraday cage.jpg
286 KB, 1000x726
...anyone?
>>
Is the Scott pilgrim game on the 360 local? If so, you should try that.

If you have even a semi decent pc, speedrunners and double dragon neon are fun.
>>
>>344867824
ya you can play scott pilgrim coop splitscreen on the 360.

OP you should also try castlecrasher, and minecraft to have him learn the aim/walk scheme on a controller.

but you have to very patient.
>>
Castle Crashers on 360 just used the left stick for movement and it was mostly jumping and attacking, don't remember blocking.
>>
Castle crashers for sure. Any old fashioned side scroller as well.
>>
>>344867824
Good suggestions, looks like I'll be re-downloading Scott Pilgrim. Speedrunners looks neat I might even get into that by myself.
>>
File: tony with horse.png (444 KB, 720x416) Image search: [Google]
tony with horse.png
444 KB, 720x416
>>344867996
>>344868069
>>344868168
wow can't believe I forgot about Castle Crashers, thanks guys
>>
any kind of sidescroller should be fine for the most part, how about rhythem games too, OP? rockband or guitar hero could provide some good times and they have easier difficulties that are super simple to get used to aswell
>>
>344867996
>>344868069
>>344868168

Castle crashers for sure. Mount your Friends could be good for learning where the face buttons are.
>>
File: braverick.webm (2 MB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
braverick.webm
2 MB, 480x368
>>344868384
Any platformer would good. Supermeatboy or Braid are very easy to learn but hard to master, they force you to git gud. Might as well try Diablo 3. These games are piss easy but give you a hang of the controller scheme.
>>
>>344868383
not really into the music in those games, thanks for the suggestion though.
>>344868384
Mount Your Friends looks pretty fun, thanks!
>>344869168
is Diablo multiplayer more fun than the single player? I saw a friend playing it a while back and it looked kinda sluggish and grindy.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.