[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey a friend of mine and I have been waiting for the Neverwinter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Neverwinter-logo.jpg (61 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Neverwinter-logo.jpg
61 KB, 620x350
Hey a friend of mine and I have been waiting for the Neverwinter ps4 release and we have a question for those of u who have already played it. We were wondering if at any point in the game u hit a really heavy pay wall that hinders progress allot or if it's like warframe where u can get pretty much anything free except skins and such? Thing is we don't wanna get to invested only to hit that pay wall. If it's not that big of a pay wall it's fine
>>
>>344862592
GRIND AND PAYWALLS: THE GAME
>>
>>344862753
Care to explain a little further ?
>>
>>344862947
That would require effort. The game's been out for years, and the devs keep putting in stuff like new races behind obscenely priced bundles and more ways to make the game P2W at high levels. You'll go by normally at low-levels until your effectiveness starts dropping because you need to grind crafting...or you could PAY and get it at a fraction of the time. And trust me, it will be a lot of time otherwise
>>
>>344862592
I grinded up to lvl 60, I did not really meet any paywalls. But it is your classic F2P MMO. Try it, pretty fun.
>>
>>344863535
>I grinded up to lvl 60, I did not really meet any paywalls
Did you pay someone to level your character while ignoring everything?
>>
>>344863702
No, I didn't. I quested. Did some dungeons.
>>
>>344863535
How long did it take u to get to 60
>>
>>344863779
Think we played different games, then
>>
It's pretty p2w. Now is the time to play on PS4 though, fresh server, fresh players, lots of people and lots of giveaways that the devs are shoveling out items and bundles to pretty much anyone that streams it.

That said, it's still very grindy, and has a lot of shit you can bypass with cash AKA pay2win.
>>
I mean there's gonna be 3 of us playing we won't mid the grind at that point cause well he having fun
>>
>>344864997
Then why even ask
>>
>>344863702
I got to level 50. I did a lot of community created levels and replayed all the main missions with friends of lower levels, but I never ended up actually grinding stuff, I always had fun.
Dropped the game because I became bored with the combat. Keep in mind this probably happened from 6 to 2 years ago, I don't really remember when I played it last
>>
>>344865525
Neverwinter came out 3 years ago
>>
File: catastrophic cape.png (819 KB, 670x622) Image search: [Google]
catastrophic cape.png
819 KB, 670x622
>>344862592
I played until this happened
>>
>>344866474
What am i looking at?
>>
>>344866978
You could get free money during beta and a few days after release by bidding a negative number of money on AH
then they had a rollback by 7 hours while the bug has been there for weeks, resulting in players having almost infinite amounts of different currency
as a compensation they have players a cape
>>
>>344864997
I think you underestimate the grind, to be honest.

The game is designed to make the grinding so tedious that paying seems to be worth it. This isn't like World of Warcraft grinding where it may take a month to get a full set of the latest tier. This is grinding every day to get a very paltry sum of currency that needs to be exchanged for the currency you buy with real money, but the exchange rate is something like 1000 in game currency = 1 pay currency.
>>
>>344864281
I dont remember, but a few dozen hours atleast.

>>344864302
Maybe diffrent patches? Cause I grinded like a madman. Some classes seem worse than others to, I had a tiefling storm wizard or what now it is called. The Aoe fucked up a lot of spawns.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.