[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitposting aside, will this be the most complicated and epic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: all other games btfo.jpg (159 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
all other games btfo.jpg
159 KB, 800x564
Shitposting aside, will this be the most complicated and epic game mankind has ever produced?
>>
Almost certainly not.
>>
>game made by only about a dozen people
>most complicated and epic game mankind has ever produced

Sure, and DICE isn't trying to push an agenda with Battlefield 1 either
>>
It'll be a disappointment, but it'll get good scores and be loved by normies.
>>
It could be fun. Maybe as a game to play while listening to podcasts, like Minecraft.
>>
>>344843586
You retarded? How many people do you think invented cars or light or whatever else in the history of mankind? Just one
>>
>>344843470
I refuse to believe there are people who actually belive this shit.
>>
File: 1447622701167.gif (18 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1447622701167.gif
18 KB, 125x125
>>344843470
Doesn't look that fun honestly,
>>
>>344843470
It's literally 3d Starbound with no building, and we all know how that game turned out.
>>
>>344843470
I could make a 'game' in one day that would take literally infinite years to fully explore. Doesn't mean said game will be worth a single shit, though.

It's just procedurally generated buzzwords.
>>
>>344843740
Those were one of a kind inventions that didn't have any equal. Dumb niggers have been trying to make the most epic space game ever since the NES. It still hasn't been done, even by teams triple the size of Hello Games. What makes you think this will be different?
>>
>>344843740
Are you saying light was invented? Was there only darkness before?
>>
>>344843740
Yeah anon, scientific discovries are totally done by knowledge of one single individual who stared out from scratch with no prior research by others being done or with considerable resources.
>>
>>344843854
God invented light, you filthy heathen.
>>
>>344843470
dorf fortress
>>
I was hyped for the game until the last delay. It died down a bit and when Subnautica was on sale in the summer, I completely forget about NMS.
Subnautica is better because you can actually do shit.
>>
File: Wolf_angry.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Wolf_angry.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
If this game doesn't include some sort of new gameplay that haven't been shown anywhere, it is gonna be one boring as fuck game.
>>
>>344843470
I'm pretty sure it's going to be like boarderlands' guns
reskins with different attributes
>>
>>344843470
fully explore doesn't mean fun to explore
>>
>>344843470
I can already tell that No Man's Sky will be the type of game people play for maybe 3 hours at the most and then be spent with it.
>>
I have faith that procedural generation will lead to some truly great games, but nothing I've seen about No Man's Sky leads me to believe it'll be the first game to do it. I haven't seen anything interesting out of it.
They posted the number of possible worlds, and while it was a huge number that makes most people go "wow, there will be so much to see forever," it had disturbingly low bits of entropy.
>>
They could have create a more detailed Stellaris actually but instead they chose to work on this walking simulation bullshit.
I will still try it though, but probably will refund it in 1 hour.
>>
>>344843470
SIXTY U.S. DOLLARS
>>
It looks very fun to me, but it's not going to be some blowout sensation thing.

I'm excited to play what I have seen in the videos. If there's more to it, that's icing on the cake, but I've seen plenty.
>>
>>344843470
When is it out on PC?
>>
>>344844626
August 13.
>>
Please tell me you can turn the filter and bloom off.
The atmospheric yellow look like fucking shit.
Based on the screenshots here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/
The yellow filter is every fucking where.
Seriously.
>>
spore 2.0
>>
>>344844717
Thx anon
>>
>>344843740
>Inventing light

Woah dude, thats like, crazy man
>>
>>344845356
fucking this
>>
The 5 billion years thing is a TOTAL FABRICATION. If a ground texture is randomly generated from a color palette of say 100 million colors, you could count each slight variation in color a seperate color. Multiplying similar variations in textures, fog settings & temp settings, you could easily say it would take 5 gorillion years to explore.

It seems an impressive number until you realize for all practical purposes, there will be very little variation and the 5 billion years figure is all marketing and doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>344845356
Spore had tons of potential, this just sounds incredibly boring even if they somehow managed to make all of ther promises come true.
>>
File: 1362187154229.png (26 KB, 627x459) Image search: [Google]
1362187154229.png
26 KB, 627x459
>>344843470
Hmm...
>>
>>344843470
what is the point of building a giant toilet bowl when you don't have enough shit to fill it with?
>>
>>344843470
fuck you shills. Im going to pirate this shit just because you cunts are shitting up the whole internet
>>
I was expecting the headline to go "Take 5 billion years to finish"
>>
>>344845668
You already pirate everything. Do you really need to try so hard to look for dumb reasons to act angry so you can pretend it's justified? Just do it dude nobody cares.
>>
>>344843470
>Shitposting aside
>Proceeds to shitpost

Wow.
>>
5 BILLION YEARS OF CONTENT

boring, meaningless content.
>>
>>344845563
forgot to mention they might say there is potentially 10 gorillion combinations of random infinite planets, but they're taking a technical difference. A planet could literally be a clone of another except have slightly different colored canyons and it would be its own separate possibility.

Technically in the right, but in all practical reasoning the same.
>>
>>344843470
>shitposting aside
>proceeds to shitpost

I actually hope you believe this overhyped tripe, just so you'll leap out a highrise window when the disappointment hits.

I say this as someone that will be buying on day one.
>>
/v/'s hateboner for this game is impressive.
From what I've seen from the game it looks interesting, maybe not GOTY worthy, but it's like most people here are hoping this will be the next TOR.

Is this a Dragon's Dogma thing where, when it comes out on consoles it's deemed to look shit/ a total blunder, then in a while when it comes to PC there are gonna be threads every day about how it's amazing?
>>
>piss filter
>pink tint

disgusting
>>
>>344846015
DD had amazing threads even when it was console only.
>>
File: screenshot-8.jpg (543 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-8.jpg
543 KB, 1280x720
INFINITE QUESTS
>>
>5 billion years to fully explore

And probably 10 hours to fully enjoy
>>
File: 1465203682785.png (80 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1465203682785.png
80 KB, 228x228
>>344847489
>>
>>344845563
This, total number of procedurally generated planets is stupid, tell me about the number of unique assets used in the generation. I'm worried there's zero point in exploring past planet 3, and the handout they've shown is awful. Boring, laggy, messy, and empty.

Hell in one they even said planets statuses aren't even persistent, I can't blast a giant dick in the ground for future explorers because we all get a fresh version of the planet when we go
>>
File: ddd.jpg (53 KB, 625x331) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
53 KB, 625x331
a billion trillion jigaboojillion different worlds, each of them unique, none the same
>>
>>344848359
>Hell in one they even said planets statuses aren't even persistent, I can't blast a giant dick in the ground for future explorers because we all get a fresh version of the planet when we go
Isn't it because there's no way to save everything players do given the amount of data you'd have to store?

Also aren't they working by twisting the assets they modelled, rather than simply having a library of 20 kinds of fish fins they randomly use?
>>
>>344845356
Quit giving NMS that much credit.
>>
>>344843470
>will this be the most complicated and epic game mankind has ever produced?
>seed base game
yeah, if they also developed Skynet Tier AI
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.