[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this was controversial and newsworthy in 2004, because it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
>this was controversial and newsworthy in 2004, because it was too brutal, even for a rated M game

>meanwhile DOOM is released

Did people get desensibilized in the last few years or am i reading the wrong reviews
>>
No they just moved on to new things to make headlines about.
>>
They just shifted the controversy from gore to tits and ass, because being able to see any of those is more harmful that graphic violence.
>>
>>344837476
you kill deemans in doom, no one cares about fictional creatures, make them human and it could be controversial, make them black and it will explode
>>
Gender politics is all the rage now.

Violence only matters when it comes to the effort to ban guns
>>
>>344837476
DOOM wasn't even that graphic, or frankly "evil" anyways. Which made me sad. Hell was just, meh.
>>
That's obviously a man
You can be as violent as you like to those

Also, over a decade is 'a FEW years?'
>>
the early 00's were really bad in that regard
shit like Columbine and Erfurt helped a lot in censoring games to death
>>
>>344838382
Seeing a nipple is far more vile and immoral than seeing someones guts ripped out of them.
>>
>>344837476
It's more than that, games like Hatred completely slipped under the radar. Videogame violence is no longer considered a threat, no longer moves copies of newspapers or gets you views.

Even the liberal populace's fear of sexual imagery pales in comparison to the media outrage over the "seXbox" with games like Mass Effect.

Contemporary videogames are no longer considered new, alien and scary, I suppose. That's a good thing by all accounts.
>>
It's always just been a form of marketing.
>>
>>344840913
Puritan Americans have weird priorities.
>>
>>344837476
There was hate over doom 4. Nobody listened because that's stupid.
>>
>>344837476
it's not the current sensation sweeping the nation

pro-tip: they only make stuff up when they are dry on newsworthy stories
>>
File: 1454398204855.png (671 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1454398204855.png
671 KB, 640x800
>>344842442
It's true, though. People don't have a constant urge to kill people. At least not like sexual urges. A sexual image implants itself into a child's mind and becomes stronger as they get older. Seeing something like rape in a video game may cause a child to fetishise rape in adult life.
>>
>>344837476
>desensibilized
You might want to run that through spell check.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.