[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: re4.png (2 MB, 851x1212) Image search: [Google]
re4.png
2 MB, 851x1212
What went right?
>>
Everything desu
>>
Basically telling all of the dumbasses who said "but resident evil can't become a third person shooter and survival!" fuck off by creating the opening sequence, one of the best casual filters in existence
>>
Insanely long development cycle. They got to make several different versions of the game before settling on the best one.
>>
Most things except QTEs and the last parts

Pretty fucking great game
>>
>can't move sideways
Shit game.
>>
god tier pacing and atmosphere
>>
Massive fucking tits.
>>
>>344828970
I would love to play Resident Evil "3.5" in its entirety, or at least what they had completed before changing direction.
>>
Making the jump to straight up action game after 3 and CV (arguably even 2) were basically wishy-washy shooters with almost no real puzzles and minimal survival due to how much health and ammo they dump on you.
Enough rapid-fire variety in the action to make up for the watered down puzzles and exploration.
Expanded weapon arsenal to spice up different playthroughs.
Realizing how schlocky the series has been since day one, and reveling in it.
>>
>>344829543
I agree with you about the cutscene QTEs, but I feel like the in-game QTEs to dodge attacks are one of the only good uses of the mechanic in games. They allowed the game's bosses to actually have threatening attacks while still letting the game use slower-paced tank controls.
>>
>>344828514
Best RE
>>
>>344828514
Replay value
>>
>>344828514
it was a technical marvel for the Gamecube and had some interesting design choices that had a huge impact on the genre

The first hour or two of the game is absolutely fantastic, and while I have beaten the game multiple times, I feel the game really drops in quality once you get to the caste after crossing the lake.
>>
>>344828514
some of the best/most satisfying shooting mechanics in the series

This is RE not fucking socom you faggots
>>
>>344834852
I agree. It starts to feel like a different game once you get to the castle and it's a real shame.

The island felt really off, like the graphics weren't even as good.
>>
>disc changing
>shoot with a face button
>letterboxed 4:3
Emulate or Steam/Wii version
>>
RE4 is the FF7 of the franchise. Absolutely phenomenal, yet spelled the doom for it's respective series.

I'm not one to ever replay games, but I'll be damned if i didn't replay this about four or five times on different difficulties and versions simply due to how fun it was.

Note that i do enjoy the original games as well, but 5 and 6 both were hot piles of garbage.

>5 was a good game, it just wasn't a good RE/survival horror game!

I mean you can famr levels for ammo/medicine/money for christ sakes, completely defusing any tension, dread or item management. The partner AI was hilariously bad and even the story tried to take itself too damn serious (ruining Wesker's character btw) AND you have basically no variety in terms of level design.

Basically, I hope you like seeing niggers
>>
I hope the remaster actually add/changes things like the RE5 and RE6 ones recently.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.