[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game even worth $49 off of amazon? Also, why the hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: bravelydefault.jpg (56 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
bravelydefault.jpg
56 KB, 500x457
Is this game even worth $49 off of amazon?

Also, why the hell are handheld games so damn expensive? They barely go down in price.

>tfw pokemon platinum is being sold for ridiculous amounts of money on amazon
>>
>>344825979
>Is Bravely Default worth $49?
No. No game is worth that much.

>Also, why the hell are handheld games so damn expensive? They barely go down in price.
That's just Nintendo first-party titles and harder to find JRPGs, OP. I have about 180 games in my DS / 3DS collection and I haven't even gone over a grand on all of it. You just have to be savvy about where to get games. Try a mom and pop game store or eBay.
>>
cant you buy the e-version from the store?
>>
>>344826747

It's only 10 dollars above the original price. For Bravely Default it's pretty cheap. I've seen it go as high as 80. The reason why it costs more is because they didn't print that many copies. Square didn't think this would sell as much as it did.
>>
File: overweight Eddy.png (462 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
overweight Eddy.png
462 KB, 640x360
Is it not up to GameStop what drops in price?

I just recently got a New3DS so I could be a handheld idort and I thought it was ridiculous that the DangitRonPaul games on the Vita were still priced so high, but that seems to be the case with 90% of the 3DS games I've made a list of wanting to get.
>>
>>344825979
>pokemon platinum

Anything on a regular DS should be emulated.
>>
>>344827985

Well, last I checked Gamestop set the price for Xenoblade, marking it up to like 120 dollars. Fucking robbery. Really, Bravely Default is the least offensive I've seen.
>>
>>344828256

I just don't understand why most games are still $40 or close to it. I guess the Vita spoiled me since most of it's games are $20 or less by now
>>
>>344825979
>google shopping search
>$30 shipping included on play-asia

Do you people even try?
>>
>>344825979
Yes, maybe

It's amazing, but by all rights should be cheaper
>>
File: airy.jpg (160 KB, 744x967) Image search: [Google]
airy.jpg
160 KB, 744x967
Would you awaken her crystals?
>>
>>344825979

if you like FF3/5, then you'll like this one.

but no portable is worth 50 bucks. get it from the eshop
>>
>>344830126
No but I would use her as a single use onahole.
>>
>>344830126

Let's stop wasting time on /v/ and awaken the crystals guys.
>>
>>344828979

Well, in Bravely Default's case I would guess it's because they printed a very small number of copies. For first party games, well, Nintendo's first party games never seem to drop down in price.

Right now Dragon Ball Z Butouden is around.... 25 dollars I think.
>>
>>344825979
Fantastic game but yea it came out years ago and should be cheaper at this point. (It better then Bravely Second)
>>
>>344830651

Bravely Second, for me at least, was such a huge disappointment.
>>
>>344825979
Just pirate it
>>
>>344830698
Most people did. Especially the American version which was censored to all hell. Unlike FE: Fates it got to the point where it started effecting sales.
>>
>>344831081

t. didn't play the game and just read on /v/
>>
>>344830473
She can awaken these nuts.
>>
Is it really that much? I'd honestly give it away for free to someone who'd enjoy it. I should have known better since I hate every FF other than Tactics.
>>
lol how the fuck is 49$ on amazon, i think this is a fantastic game but i wouldnt pay more than 25 dollars for it

especially because its like 5 years old
>>
>>344831081

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if it was just costume changes. Granted, those still kind of annoy me. But the dialogue, the fucking dialogue. The characters just had no chemistry, shit was mostly about eating, and the music is your typical anime score.

It completely misses what made the original so fucking good. Bravely Default, despite its lackluster second half, broke through those shitty Japanese RPG cliches and made something special.
>>
Hows the English dub in this game? I got an undub rom. But I can appreciate a nice cheesy jrpg dub
>>
>pirate game
>end of tutorial
>you can literally buy turns with real money
Fuck SE.
>>
>>344831680

You don't need to. All it requires to get more sp is to put your 3DS in sleep mode. You can build up like, several points over a period of 2 days.
>>
>>344831767
That's besides the point. Just the idea makes me sick.
>>
>>344831668

It's actually pretty good. Quite a charming cast if I do say so myself.
>>
>>344829636
Why you lie bro? They don't even have the American version in stock.
>>
Don't buy it. It had me fooled. Everyone told me how it shits the bed half way in and I refused to believe because I'm a sucker for class based rpg shit. Once you find one really strong combination towards the middle half of the game, you'll find yourself using it quite a bit. To me that sucks because at that point you don't even have all the classes yet. Also the sequel isn't even better.
>>
>>344831845

you can also import super-boss shattering player attacks for free from online, even without having any friends

>>344831928

so it plays like a JRPG?
>>
>>344831680
I feel as if BD was used as a vessel for a number of market research projects for SE

There's the "buy extra turns or wait for them" element, but it's not very important, there's the town building element, but it's not involved or difficult in any way, and there's the send/receive commands thing where the moves you'll receive randomly are rarely helpful.

It all feels very experimental.
>>
>>344831395
I thought the complete opposite. Nearly every character in Bravely Default had garbage writing. All the villains were dindus, Tiz could easily be written out of the game and nothing would change, and Agnes was an annoying bitch. They managed to fix most of everything in Bravely Second and nearly all of the food conversations were from the tent events, which were optional anyways.

The music was better in Bravely Default though.
>>
>>344832227

Yeah, I'm definitely of a completely different opinion. Did you at least like the gameplay of the original?
>>
>>344832375
Yeah, I actually liked the gameplay in Bravely Default better. Spellcraft was too broken and you'd get it near the start of the game. Jobs like WM and BM were completely outclassed by bishops and other offensive magic users. And most bosses had a bunch of smaller enemies accompany that you could blow through within a turn or so, rather than a 1v4 situation.
>>
>>344833075

Yeah to be honest I wasn't very fond of the jobs in Bravely Second. I tried to like Charioteer and Fencer, but nothing about them really piqued my interest. I think spellcraft was pretty cool, but you're right, it was broken.

I was wondering if I was the only one that was kind of disappointed with the gameplay of Second.
>>
>>344830126
If Airy hopped on your dick are made you cum for every crystal would you awaken them /v/

I would
>>
At that price I'd rather just pirate it. I own the game and it is very fun, AR cards are a good fap
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 563x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 563x563
I bought this for 60€
>>
The OST for this game is amazing
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.