[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this fight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160712-225539.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160712-225539.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What was the point of this fight?
>>
>>344820890
There was a time when videogames did things becausw they were cool, not because of plot or trying to be art.
>>
to shoehorn story into a game that shouldnt have one
>>
>>344820890
So we could have an X vs Zero fight like was always planned
>>
Like the other anon said here >>344821058
it was just a fan wank. By the time X5 came around people were itching for a proper X vs Zero duel because that's what kids do

>Nuh uh X can't beat Zero
>Yuh huh he can
>Nuh uh
>Yuh huh
>I bet my dad can beat your dad
>Nuh uh
>Yuh huh

What bothers me is the fact that they made the lifesavers' sprite solely for that one scene. Why even bother including them if they're not gonna do jack squat and just warp away right after?
>>
>>344821532
X5 is full of retarded decisions like that.

>okay guise this is going to be the last game of the X series so what i want you to do is introduce all these new literally whos to the audience
>what for? didn't you just say this was going to be the last X game?
>go fuck yourself and do what i say
>>
File: X5_lifesaver.jpg (167 KB, 459x857) Image search: [Google]
X5_lifesaver.jpg
167 KB, 459x857
>>344821823
When I was a tad younger I actually started playing the PS1 X series in a pretty odd order

X6 -> X4 -> X5

X1 was still my first, but I guess the jump to X6 right after that kinda made me immune to X5's bullshit, but lifesaver always stood out since he never came back nor was killed off like double or iris. He's just there
>>
>>344821823
I always thought it was strange that X5 was supposed to be the last game yet it introduced a bunch of new characters.

The only reason I think for it is that maybe they wanted to show more of how Maverick Hunter HQ worked before it ended?
>>
File: AliaMMX7.jpg (208 KB, 675x957) Image search: [Google]
AliaMMX7.jpg
208 KB, 675x957
>>344822804
Not really much of a reason to add those guys except maybe for alia since she's the closest visual link to ciel we have from X5, but that's still pretty superficial
>>
They were building up X vs Zero since X2. However, when they finally got to the moment, they ran into a problem; they couldn't find a way for them to fight each other for real while both were on the side of good and playable. So they just winged it.

Sure, Zero can go Maverick in X5 (and as a result that encounter makes more sense), but due to gameplay and story related reasons that ending is non-canon.
>>
>>344822328
Lifesaver's role was to be a fucking jackass and get fired between the games.

>yo signas cap'n bro, i got these whack-ass readings that the sigma virus is actually making zero stronger yo
>I see. Since we're in the middle of a delicate situation, I think the best course of action would be to keep this information to yourself for the time being.
>sure bro *exits Signas' room* YO X LOOKIT DIS SHEET YA GOTTA FETCH ZERO MAN
>>
>>344824154
"ayo hol up"ing asides that kinda does sound reasonable
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.