[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can Valve fix Steam Machines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Steam Machine.jpg (9 KB, 292x136) Image search: [Google]
Steam Machine.jpg
9 KB, 292x136
They had potential and yet failed. What can we do anon?
>>
>>344796839
Nothing
>>
Fix what? Valve didn't make jack shit. The let alienware and others make shit to test out and didn't even bother advertising it or anything
>>
>>344796953
Well they made the controller...
>>
>>344796953
And the OS.

>>344796926
You sure anon? Nothing they can do?
>>
The concept is dildos. It's something there wasn't a market for, and not surprisingly nobody bought. It's like asking "how do we fix nigger-flavored cereal"
>>
I'm calling it now. Microsoft is gonna run with the idea for Scorpio.
>>
>>344796839
It was a hedge against Microsoft getting too aggressive with the Windows store
>>
>>344796839
If it used Windows it would've done fine.

Valve didn't actually lose any money, though.
>>
because the steam OS is and always has been total dogshit
it pisses me off on a regular basis because I was tricked into buying a steam controller
>>
>>344798525
Steam controller is god tier, faggot.

Did you even try getting used to it?
>>
what the fuck is the steam machine even supposed to be? a portable console for your steam games?
>>
>>344798729
A console running Linux

The lack of games killed it
>>
>>344798649
the controller is awesome but i'm forced to use the stupid fucking steam OS, which is dogshit
the shitty OS doesn't make up for the controller, which I do like
>>
>>344798875
If it comes with a dongle you can hook it up with a normal PC.
>>
File: 1455327366055.jpg (17 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1455327366055.jpg
17 KB, 267x274
>>344796839
Microsoft is already fixing them with Scorpio.
>>
>>344798729
They're gaming PCs running on SteamOS made by third parties.

basically what the 3DO was doing.
>>
>>344798875
>i'm forced to use the stupid fucking steam OS
are /v/irgins this retarded?
>>
Bribe more devs to port their games to Lunix.

Bribe more devs to stop using Direct X12.
>>
>what if we sell prebuilt PC's to people but call it something else and then use a shitty linux distro but not actually support it and try to make it a viable alternative to windows
valve sure is a smart company
>>
>>344798525
WTF FAGGOT. Controller is 10/10 fucking best thing every made. Kill yourself degenerate.
>>
The reason it died is simply due to the price and lack of advertisement. The amount of games have increased from about 50 in 2013, to 1900 today which is huge, while Windows has about 6000 in total. So that's almost half the library.
>>
>>344799540
Its ok anon, he said he liked the controller but is forced into the OS.

What games do you play with the controller? I play DoW
>>
>>344797915
More like they won't do anything. I don't think Steam Machines were that big of a deal for them in the first place.
>>
>>344796839
Maybe if they marketed them towards people that weren't already pc gamers they would have taken off, but they didn't. Valve are responsible solely for the failure of the machines.
>>
>>344799392
And more Steam boxes that don't look insane. Maybe partner with the manufacturers to come up with different levels of Steam Box so you know what you're buying.

At this point, Steam has games and movies and music too, so it's a decent enough multimedia experience.

But, consoles only have two systems to choose from, while Steam Machines have like 8000. I think Valve should trim it down to maybe three different levels of performance for manufacturers to aim for, probably bundle in Steam Links for good measure too.
>>
>>344796839
they stop selling them because they appeal to no one

console fags dont want a pc
pc fags dont want a console and are hopefully smart enough to just build their own
>>
>>344796839

1. They should have waited for Vulkan.
2. They need games. STAT. Valve should create a Publisher that all they do is port games to SteamOS.

SteamOS just doesn't have any games. It's the NO GAMES Console of this gen.
>>
>>344799660
Rocket League
>>
>>344800740
>>
>>344798875
>Debian
>Bad

Its bad for an exclusive gaming machine, could turn it into a good HTPC though
>>
>>344796839
it was a stupid idea, as stated earlier, these appeal to no one. Valve needs to stop wasting time with stupid shit like this and develop Half Life 3 already. Now if they had released Steam Machines and Half Life 3 as a platform exclusive, that would have been simultaneously smart and evil, but at least we would have HL3...Steam Machines are just stupid.
>>
>>344801615
Debian has old as fuck software, along with missing or shitty software to try to be freetarded even though they aren't even on Stallman's list of freetard distros so there's no point in even trying to be freetarded.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.