[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one git gud at this game? >Breeze through tutorial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: SEV2.jpg (124 KB, 469x469) Image search: [Google]
SEV2.jpg
124 KB, 469x469
How does one git gud at this game?

>Breeze through tutorial
>Breeze through first objective of first mission
>Next street over is guarded by a platoon
>Covered by sniper support
>No alternate routes
>No gunshot-covering explosions

Is this actually just an action shooter with decent ballistics, and not a stealth game by any stretch? This is not any stealth game level design I've ever heard of. So far I can only find "explore 10-step dead ends for collectibles." -as an alternative to "snipe the sniper and kill everyone else in a frantic shootout."
>>
>>344796096
>Given a 1 shot kill weapon
>needing stealth
maybe if you are playing on Console but the PC version was pretty much dedicated to jerking the player off
>>
V2's pretty linear. III's a bit more open-ended.
>>
>>344796290

I'm not saying it's difficult to massacre everyone (which is already a strike against a stealth title) -I'm saying that for an assassination game it seems to involve a lot more gunfights than careful execution of covert operations.
>>
sounds like you're bad
>>
>>344796637
How do they compare to the first one?
I always wondered why that game never became a cult classic, the way I remember it, it was ridiculously fun with giant open maps and lots of different approaches.
>>
Just finished 3 two days ago and found it to be extremely ez. Once you stop giving a fuck about stealth you can just instakill 3 nazis with your rifle and then exploit relocate. Rinse and repeat for the whole area and move on.
>>
>>344796096
> "snipe the sniper and kill everyone else in a frantic shootout."

Maybe I just need to gitgud, but this is the only way I ever managed to beat the game.
>>
>>344796803

Sounds like you've found a stealthy alternate route to get past the patrol without alerting the whole wehrmacht and killing half of it to escape.
>>
>>344797120
>past
not
>passed

Jesus christ.....
>>
>>344797198
wait wat
>>
>>344797198
He spelled it right you mouth breather.
>>
>>344796761
it's not an assassination game
>>
>>344797369
He spelled it right but he used the wrong word.

Do you fucks really not know the difference between past and passed?

Goddamn illiterate fucks. You're the reason this world is doomed.
>>
>>344797450
>http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015/01/passed-past/

He used it right my man.
>>
>>344797450
now i get it: you're retarded
>>
File: disgusted_sigh.jpg (14 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_sigh.jpg
14 KB, 500x359
>>344797198
>>
>>344797450
He passed the doorway carefully to get past the watchman.

Fucking idiot.
>>
Anyone else still upset that they removed the testicle shots from the game?
>>
>>344797547
>>344797559
>>344797613
Except he didn't. At least read the link you posted.

>to go by someone or something and to continue away from he, she, or it: he passed her in the street without recognizing her; we passed the theatre on the way to the station.

PASSED.
>>
>>344797757

That is the verb form you fucking neanderthal.
>>
The good news is that passed and past are mainly confused and misused when people are describing movement (that’s to say, not when they’re talking about passing exams or using other meanings of the verb). Here are some real examples, taken from the 3-billion-word Oxford English Corpus:

X At that point, I pushed passed him.
X A lot of emergency vehicles have gone passed.
X Travis past me during practice.

To sort out the confusion, you need to perform some simple grammatical analysis. The first and second examples don’t make sense because the verb passed has been mistakenly used instead of the preposition or adverb past. So there are two ‘movement’ verbs in each sentence (pushed and passed; gone and passed) when you only need one. To get it right, change passed to past:

At that point, I pushed past him.
A lot or emergency vehicles have gone past.

While there are too many verbs in the first two cases, the third sentence is incorrect because there’s no verb – past is a preposition. Correcting the sentence would therefore either involve changing past to the verb form passed, or keeping past and adding a verb of movement:

TELL ME FUCKERS, WHERE'S THE VERB HE'S USING THAT MAKES PAST AN ADVERB WHICH WOULD MAKE HIM CORRECT IN HIS USAGE? HMMMMM?

There is no verb in his sentence before the use of past, ergo, passed is the correct usage.

CMON!
>>
>A good rule to keep track of troublesome sentences like these is that if a verb indicating motion is already in your sentence, you will always couple it with past not passed. For example, He passed us by.

>Sounds like you've found a stealthy alternate route to get past the patrol without alerting the whole wehrmacht and killing half of it to escape.

wrong
>>
>>344797839
See
>>344797898

He didn't use a verb before using past, which makes it passed.

Goddamn you guys...
>>
>>344796096
>decent ballistics
Ballistsics are fucked up. Bullets drop like one meter after 100 meters of travel. Wind is also real fucking powerful.
Makes no sense.

>Not a stealth game
In a time where silent weapons are few and far between there's not much room for stealth. The game also doesn't reward you a lot for stealth kills compared to long range marksman kills. Because that's what it's about. Long range sniper kills.
>>
>>344797757
Yes, we didn't get passed the theater or walk passed her without recognizing her.
>>
File: 1466291128902.png (86 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
1466291128902.png
86 KB, 239x200
>>344797980
>get
>not a verb
>>
>>344798013
>walk passed
Walk is a verb, so "past" could be used correctly.

The dumbfuck above had no verb to make "past" an ad-VERB which would make it correct.

Are you all really this dumb? This is like, sixth grade english.
>>
>>344797980
You are really fucking stupid, the epitome of blinded by ignorance.
>>
File: ohjew2.jpg (56 KB, 263x317) Image search: [Google]
ohjew2.jpg
56 KB, 263x317
Wow I didn't expect this thread to become a party of biting the bait of some grammar troll.
>>
>>344798112
>walk past is fine
>get past is not
son this is some weak ass bait if ever I seen't it
>>
File: help 1.jpg (105 KB, 600x491) Image search: [Google]
help 1.jpg
105 KB, 600x491
>>344797980
>GET
>>
>>344797898
For someone illiterate you typed alot
>>
File: 1466458184223.gif (177 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1466458184223.gif
177 KB, 500x419
>>344797980
Forget that get is a verb? It's okay, anon. Just shut the fuck up.
>>
for those taking the bait, see pic related
>>
>>344798543
The question is, did the original dumbfuck leave the thread when he realized he was blown the fuck out and someone else is keeping up the ruse, or is there actually someone this fucking dense lurking among us?
>>
>thread about a video game derailed this badly by bait
/v/
>>
>>344799347

If the continued baiting was better, I'd applaud.

Anyway... I found an explosive barrel in the middle of the street that I can use to take out a good chunk of the nazi platoon. I just need to be quick enough to nail the sniper after that. Video games.
>>
>>344796096
>needing to git gud
>at Sniper Elite
it's literally babby's first sniper game
KYS
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.