[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just installed STALKER to play for the first time Are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: lone_stalker.jpg (754 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
lone_stalker.jpg
754 KB, 1920x1200
Just installed STALKER to play for the first time

Are there any good mods that just improve the graphics but don't change anything else?
>>
>grafixfag

Fuck off and play it.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>344795472
eh, the vanilla visuals are still pretty good, IMO. Especially if you're using the DX9 Full dynamic lighting.

That being said, there's the whole Starter Packs, that have just that + some fixes.
You can also just look up the Shaders Max, Absolute Nature, and SWO separately.

Starting guide very related.
>>
>>344795472
for the love of god dont get the complete mod
>>
>>344795786
thanks babe.

Is it true what they say about starting the game on the highest difficulty or is that just a meme?
>>
>>344796281
It's true, difficulty changes the base weapon damage (as well as some bullet mechanics)
Lower difficulties turn enemies into bullet sponges and can actually make the game harder ammo wise as you can find yourself short on it because enemies take so many shots to kill.
Play on Master for the true stalkan experience
>>
>>344795472
Which STALKER? If Pripyat, get Misery.
>>
File: 1459799379440.jpg (13 KB, 175x187) Image search: [Google]
1459799379440.jpg
13 KB, 175x187
>>344797523
>get Misery
>Misery
>on your first playthrough of all things
>>
>>344797678
Call of Pripyat on its own is boring as fuck and basically the same as all other STALKER games if not for the different storyline
>>
>>344795472
This game is the ultimate hipster game. It's shit, but people will keep playing it because it's "so obscure," despite the fact that the fucks have to mod the shit to of it just to gain some modicum of enjoyment.
>>
>>344795472
Was stalker the last great pc exclusive?
>>
>>344798812
lmao to be this kind of pleb. i honestly feel bad that youll never get to appreciate the stalkan experience
>>
>was going to come in and say ">inb4 modfags ruin the thread immediately with their awful bullshit and the thread becomes mods only and no discussion or greentext about experiences in game" but then i realized the OP is a modfag

The only other step above this is now I know all stalker threads are just automatically modfag threads, forever.
>>
>>344795901
Why?
>>
File: Anoo.jpg (21 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
Anoo.jpg
21 KB, 328x328
>>344795472
Get AMK
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.