[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A soldier played Pokémon Go while fighting ISIS in Iraq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
>"Just caught my first pokemon on the Mosul front line by Teleskuf. Daesh, come challenge me to a pokemon battle. Mortars are for pussies," Park wrote on Facebook, referencing Daesh, a disparaging nickname given to ISIS.

http://www.businessinsider.com/soldier-plays-pokmon-go-while-fighting-isis-2016-7
>>
He's good at multitasking. So what?
>>
Seems like a pretty shameless attempt to get some extra clicks, OP. You're such a clever intern.
>>
>>344792920
apex kek
>>
That nigga got a squritle in the middle of durka durkastan and i can only get shitty pidgeys and ratatatas.
>>
And they wonder how ISIS manages to sneak fucking bomb trucks inside military bases.
>>
I didn't know they let soldiers keep their phones.
>>
>>344793029
>So what?

What?
>>
Reminder that our armed forces are part of based mystic.
>>
>>344792920
Pokemon go is literally just pictures of pokemon floating on your phone screen. my gf plays it and i honestly dont understand what the fuck people are excited about. it seems like a shitty cheap little phone app. Its not even a game. why is it a big deal?
>>
wasn't that war over like last decade?
>>
>>344792920
This is fake
There is no multi use shadow under the squirtal
I don't even play the game but I notice that detail form the viral spam I see everyday.
>>
quick reminder that it's officially out in NZ, AUS, and US. Either fake, or soon to be device-banned. Running risk of bricking his phone with sideloading.
>>
>>344793578
its pokemon
>>
POGEMOND AND AMERIGA :dDDddD
>>
>>344793578
Okay, so say you're going on a 5km walk or jog.
This is something that encourages you to explore a bit, meet new people while doing so, and liven up your exercising a bit.
>>
>>344793578
dude pikachu lmao
it's normiebait that will fade in a month, and if they don't improve the gameplay pokemon fans will leave it too
>>
>>344793672
You realize that he could have been in the US a few days ago and downloaded it here, right?
>>
>>344793578
Escape their real lives for a life they actually want
>>
>>344793578
Collecting shit, everyone loves that to a certain extent. But unlike grindy mobage that only otaku play this app rewards you for being a normie that likes to go outside.
>>
>>344793672
>be device-banned

>You've been a bad boy wanting to play our product so badly so we're banning you and preventing you to give us money

Yeah that's totally what a company would do.
>>
>>344793578
Because people like collecting things even if its just something digital. Combine with actual real world exploration and teamwork and you have something regardless of how silly you think Pokemon itself is. Pokemon is just the reagent for the concept itself which is going to be big for this generation.
>>
>>344793578
it's more about meeting other normies who were also told they should like [hot new thing]
>>
>>344793284
anon it said first pokemon
so that's his starter
>>
>>344793617
That's pretty insightful. You should write a book about more things no one gives a shit about
>>
>>344794737
d*ng mind if i use this as my gamefaqs sig bro?
>>
>>344792920

>Say that to my face in game not IRL
>>
>>344793810

It's been proven time and time again though, that the shittier you make a game, the more casuals it will attract.
>>
>>344793578
Kills time anytime I'm not at home, and now I check it more than /v/ so I guess its got some upside
>>
This is a stupid question but I just started playing and the only thing I can find around my home are ratatas, pidgeys, and other babby pokemon.

I'm guessing the better pokemon are in cities/populated areas, right?
>>
>>344795221
not always. Just be patient and look your phone from time to time
>>
>>344795221
did you ever play vanilla pokemon?

did you find crazy shit when you were like lvl 1-5?

ok, same shit here
>>
File: 1462567953761.jpg (427 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462567953761.jpg
427 KB, 800x1000
>>344794168
>What are VAC bans
>>
>>344793578
Normies still have a boner for gen 1 pokemon.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.