[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im about to play pic related for the first time. Im playing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: darksoulsiipcjpg-e32985.jpg (283 KB, 1064x1500) Image search: [Google]
darksoulsiipcjpg-e32985.jpg
283 KB, 1064x1500
Im about to play pic related for the first time. Im playing the ps4 version. What can I expect after having just finished demon's and dark souls back to back?
>>
Bosses and enemies are alot more forgettable.
Halberds are shit.
Decent game overall though.
>>
More than 30 fps
>>
>>344784230
Apologize
>>
The same exact thing over and over, with less replayability.
>>
>>344784230
The hardest bosses in the souls trilogy, though arguably the least fair. Hope you loved biggie and smalls.
>>
Be prepared to fight ONE MIRRION TROOPS all at once.
>>
>>344784230
>start game
>unlock blacksmiths door
>buy mace
>upgrade to +10
>see you at the finish line
>>
expect the best fashion items in the series
>>
>>344784230
Shitty bosses, shitty level design, broken hitboxes
>>
>>344784883
I'm curious which bosses you consider the most difficult in the series? Surely something from the dlc, no?
>>
>>344784230
Disappointment and difficulty adjusting. After some tens of hours, maybe by NG+, you might enjoy it
>>
>>344784230
The worst game in the series.

Have fun.
>>
>>344784883
Ornstein and smough were ezpz. I won on my second attempt after learning their attacks. I found Artorias and Manus tougher.
>>
>>344785665
that hood does not mesh well lad
>>
>>344785229
>Mace.
>Not small club from the old hag merchant.
Small club has better scaling. Just dump points in Strength and watch it destroy. Then again, I only played the unpatched vanilla game. Results may vary on different versions.
>>
>>344784230
You got to keep an eye on your weapon durability since its complete ass.
>>
Forget about lock on.
>>
>>344787424
>Then again, I only played the unpatched vanilla game. Results may vary on different versions.
Fucking why? Youre locking ourself out of the multiplayer which is one of the best parts of souls games.
>>
Pretty good game, assuming you're playing scholar.
>>
File: anime thumbs up.jpg (24 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
anime thumbs up.jpg
24 KB, 301x267
Form your own opinions about it instead of listening to /v/
I liked it better than BloodBorne
>>
>>344787814
Long story short: I had ghetto internet at the time, that couldn't connect to my PS3. A friend bought the game for me.
>>
>>344787930
>assuming you're playing scholar
Can you read?
>>
What the Animeposter said.
Also, some really meh boss fights coupled with relatively interesting maps to explore, shit is fucking EVERYWHERE.
Your least favorite area will probably be Earthen Peak, that boss and area in general is pure ass and is a check to ensure you know how to itemize.
Cause unlike DS3, Armor has important usage in this game.
>>
Dark Souls II has some of the best DLC in the franchise. Saves the game.
>>
>>344788184
The only thing bad about Earthen Peak is the area after that is that godawful Iron Keep.
>>
>>344788058
I can read that sweet ass of yours, babycakes.
>>
>>344787948
>I liked it better than BloodBorne
i liked all souls games but how
>>
>>344789104
L-lewd!!!
>>
It's ok. It feels clunky and soulless (bahaha) after playing DeS and DS though. BB is still my favourite.
>>
Expect to not like it as much as the first 2 games, and then to be chastised by people who never played the first 2 when you point out the flaws.
>>
>>344784230
Lots of minor improvements with a few major fuckups.
>>
>>344789668
>being this delusional

Are DaS1fags now thinking they're special snowflakes?
>>
>>344789309
eh, not entirely sure really
I still had fun playing BloodBorne, but I just didn't enjoy the same way I did for DaS or DaS2
>>
File: Tumblr_njehbpRUXx1qkyvryo1_1280.png (1 MB, 1280x1085) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_njehbpRUXx1qkyvryo1_1280.png
1 MB, 1280x1085
>>344785787
Probably this guy
>>
>>344784230
>thematically unrelated areas stitched together in ways that make no sense
>most balanced weapons and spells
>mobs everywhere including bosses
>good dlc and remaster
>worst hitboxes and dodging is a stat
DaS3 is better despite the hate right now. You should just skip to that if you haven't already bought 2.
>>
>>344788693
How far do I have to play to get to the DLC levels? I'm at huntsman's copse and I haven't been hooked like ds1
>>
>>344790406
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/DLC
>>
>>344790295
>dodging is a stat
And they didn't make it any better in 3
As long as you have under 70% load it's worthless, no need to get down to 30 because they both have the same iframes. Also carthus bloodring improves it a lot because you can roll as much as you want without getting hit in between with it
>>
>>344790113
Beat him yesterday with 3 ghosts. Still tough, though.
>>
Was there a particular reason given for why there's an anonymous coffin early in the game that can change your gender?
>>
>>344790050
>DaS1fags

Thanks for proving my point. Demons and Dark Souls were both drastically different games with different feels and aesthetics. DS2 is literally just retreading old territory.

DeS, DaS, and BB are a perfect trilogy of Miyazaki games. DS2 and 3 only exist as cash grabs. Although at least DS3 tried to make the game play and feel different. Key word being tried.
>>
>>344790887
Nope. DaS2 is radically different from DaS1.
DaS3 is100% fan service and maybe cashgrab, even though it's still good value compared to many other games.

Replaying DaS2 right now and it's really good. Better than 3 if you ask me.
>>
So, I got Bloodborne and I didn't like it. It's a good game and all, but it's just not for me. I prefer the pure Souls series.
>>
>>344790887
Taking the bait here but DS2 was different to DS1 and DeS in terms of playstyle.

Heals were slower, estus heals over time and lifegems, while theoretically infinite, heal very slowly and not a large amount.

Rolls were more restricted, not only did stamina regen slower, but successive rolls would deplete more stamina. This means combat becomes a lot slower and more methodical. Some people find this boring, and I can understand that, but don't feel the same way.

While DS3 felt more different, it was because they mashed together BB stamina management with DS1 healing, meaning you could roll spam to evade attacks and then heal to full with your 15 Estus +10 with Estus Ring.
>>
>>344790113
fume-chan

Favorite boss, now I'm playing against him multiple times helping others players. The first time it's so hard until you memorize every move
>>
>>344790887
Das2 is pretty different, though. It's an attempt to evolve on the elements Dark Souls had post getting the Lordvessel. Having warping from the start changes how you approach level design dramatically. Whether or not you like it is a matter of opinion.

Lifegems also restructured combat fairly significantly. They give the game a sort of regenerating health factor, which is a major deal, since it changes the whole dynamic of estus.
>>
>>344791461
>Nope

"Yep."

>DaS2 is radically different from DaS1

It was literally a rehash before the DLC came out, and even now with Scholar you'd be hard pressed to call it "radically" different. Certainly nowhere close to how different DeS was to DaS.

Now I'm not calling the sequels bad games, they are still fun fleshed out games that as you said are more value for your money than most AAA titles these days, but DS 2/3 just didn't have the same wow factor and feeling of exploring a new world that the first game of each "series" had.
>>
>>344791975
I can deal with his first phase easy, it's just the second phase which fucks me over.

Is that the same with most people or is the the reverse?

Fume knight is good because there's a challenging boss with a bonfire near, but you have to run a gauntlet to get there. I hate the road to Alonne, Smelter and 2cat, and wish that the Charred Loyce Knights could be skipped after you get to Ivory King once. But that's my opinion.
>>
What does /v/ think of Salt and Sanctuary? I just started it off a recommendation and it seems like a nice homage to the Soulsborne games, albeit a bit easy (I'm just passed the second boss).

Are there many games out there like this? 2D Souls ripoffs? Not really interested in 3D Souls ripoffs because Lords of the Fallen and Nioh were both utter trash that made me appreciate fromsoft even more.
>>
>>344790887
dat bait
>>
File: 145198562151.webm (403 KB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
145198562151.webm
403 KB, 288x198
>>344791918
>marginal differences that nobody will notice

>Dark Souls 2 being more methodical.

lel

bump your adaptability to 20 and you can spam roll through enemy attack and the game.
>>
>>344792526
Salt and Sanctuary was my 'first' Souls game.

It's really good. It shows how Souls games, in a lot of ways, are a 3D evolution of the Metroidvania concept.

It compensates for the lack of a 3rd dimension by adding a surprising amount of interesting platforming. There's one jump around 2/3rds of the way through the game that I just thought "there's no way that the devs intend me to go there", but they do.
>>
>>344784230

Lock on less and avoid the temptation to cheese everything with arrows / dragging enemies away from their starting positions.

Level up adaptability until you have 99 agility.
>>
>build almost everything from the ground up
>add loads of content
>forget to make it fun
>>
>>344792948
Also I'd recommend trying to get into Castlevania if you're interested in more games like that style. Symphony of the Night and onward.
>>
>>344793369
Don't forget to tell him to skip the crissaegrim.
>>
>>344793369
Meh. I can't really think of a Castlevania as good or worth playing as much as SotN. Series kind of fell off after that game imo.
>>
>>344790113
this boss is complete negligence
dodge dodge poke, dodge dodge poke, repeat this for an hour and you win
design also lacks originality, it's just a big black knight with a big black sword
Sir Alonne is the only good boss from that dlc
>>
>>344792921
20 ADP doesn't even get you as many I-frames as the midroll in DaS1, and you can only roll 4 times consecutively without going into negative stamina even with 40 END and the Dragon ring, you can't spam roll in DaS2.
>>
A lot of quality of life improvments you wont notice unless you switch back to 1.

>menus
>sprinting in any direction while locked
> sprinting up ladders
> roll in any direction instead of being limited to 4 ways
> more armor choices for fasion
> "better" pvp
>>
>>344794764
A framerate higher than your average movie.
>>
>>344794589

>20 ADP doesn't even get you as many I-frames as the midroll in DaS1

Why don't you actually look things up before posting?

I'll even paste the formula for you:
((ATT + (3 * ADP)) / 4) + 80
where 96 gives you a midroll and 105 gives you a fast roll.
>>
>>344794589
This. In DaS2 it is better to run in some places instead of rolling.
>>
>>344794764
Not to mention:
>Multi soul popping
>More boss weapons, no need to ascend weapons to get them
>boss spells/miracles/pyromancies
>No need to find embers for max upgrade
>No coloured titanite, just regular, twinkling and boners
>>
>>344790113
earned my sunbro medals here, watching him cleave 2-3 baddies at once was priceless
>>
>>344795649
Don't forget that shields get stat boosts from upgrades now.
>>
>>344795093
I didn't know the exact numbers but that's still 10-15 levels you have to put into a stat just to get roll as good as DaS1's midroll. My point stands.
>>
>>344784230
A huge improvement.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.