[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just reinstalled Deus Ex, applied the map patch for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: JC.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
JC.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
So I just reinstalled Deus Ex, applied the map patch for the GOTY edition, applied GMDX 8.0, and then I'm launching with kentie's launcher.

I'm enjoying it very much but I'm getting FPS drops in Liberty Island. I was getting drops to 30fps, then I decided to dump the borderless windowed mode and go fullscreen, I get less drops but I'd wondering what's causing the bad performance. What's wrong with it?

Also Deus Ex thread
>>
>>344762789

Could be renderer issues with your card. Try installing this.

http://www.kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

Just make sure you turn off that dynamic brightness shit and put it on classic lighting mode, you can only do it by accessing the advanced options menu in game by typing a word I dont remember in the main menu in the chatbox.
>>
File: humanbeans.jpg (62 KB, 732x447) Image search: [Google]
humanbeans.jpg
62 KB, 732x447
>>344762994
thank you, anon
>>
I've played the first couple of missions and I am having trouble "getting into it".
/v/ praises it so much, but I am trouble getting over the old clunkyness.
I want to enjoy it, but I can't, any way to make my experience better? I already have that Kentie launcher which helped a lot with the framerate.
>>
Is there any guide out there on how to enjoy Deus Ex best?

I remember ages ago playing with the shifter mod and something else.
>>
>GMDX

Oh boy
>>
>>344763659
>>344763692 here, I do remember having some issues getting into deus ex before reaching NYC. The shifter mod however kinda fixed some of my issues with it and I went forward with it.
>>
>>344763659

I didn't like the game when I was 14 either until I replayed it when I was 20 and I liked it.

Maybe you just need maturity and more experience with slower paced games.
>>
>>344763659
It's best to play it vanilla for the first playthrough, perhaps New Vision because it's just vastly improved textures.

i'd say just stick with it, as long as you don't put points into swimming you can't fuck it up
>>
>>344763818
I always hate old games for the first 2 hours or so. I actually force myself to play some of them and in the end it is pretty rewarding. Some examples are Deus Ex, Fallout 1 and 2, Daggerfall, some of my favorites games today.
>>
File: 1403582016446.jpg (15 KB, 386x411) Image search: [Google]
1403582016446.jpg
15 KB, 386x411
>>344762789
>deinstalling deus ex
>ever
>>
File: desu ex.png (69 KB, 405x143) Image search: [Google]
desu ex.png
69 KB, 405x143
>>344763895
I've been playing through HR in the meantime, it feels a lot easier than Deus Ex. You might be right, I do want to finish it at some point, but as I said, it just feels old and clunky.

>>344763961
I have the Kentie launcher and New Vision already installed since that is what some guide recommended. They helped somewhat and I want to give it another go at some point.
>>
>>344762994
weird, I seem to be getting the same performance despite extracting the DX10 files there, some drops to 40~ FPS, especially when looking at open areas
>>
File: mankind divided takedown.png (663 KB, 933x525) Image search: [Google]
mankind divided takedown.png
663 KB, 933x525
>>344764276
I like the original because it allows more control of things, going after guards and hitting them from behind. The whole takedown business, press Q behind enemies to kill/knock out them pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>344765782
I agree with that, I feel like my preferred Deus Ex game would be split between the two.
If HR had no third person stealth, no "Q" to takedown and more route/weapon variety (including melee weapons) it would be a 10/10 for me.
>>
>>344766127
I'm wondering if they let Ubisoft develop the UI for Mankind Divided or so, because it's a major fucking mess
>redundant ammo counter
>needing a TAKEDOWN written there as if the button prompts weren't explanatory enough
>>
>>344766846
>takedown prompt in the middle of the screen
>minimap shows exact paths
>energy bar - probably will completely recharge over time unlike the upgraded energy bar of HR (only 2 recharged)
>oversized ammo counter
>oversized ability prompts
>>
File: modernized divided.png (563 KB, 933x525) Image search: [Google]
modernized divided.png
563 KB, 933x525
>>344767214
I got this, familia
>>
>>344764276
>feels old and clunky
wtf? You run like you have rocket skates and have complete control of your character along with the ability to lean around corners and shoot. If anything HR is clunky shit.
>>
File: what a shame.jpg (9 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
what a shame.jpg
9 KB, 250x227
>>344764207
s-sorry senpai
>>
>>344762789
I thought gmdx would be great but it is simply garbage. Only good thing is the ai improvements.
>>
File: dx_Gunther.jpg (20 KB, 242x320) Image search: [Google]
dx_Gunther.jpg
20 KB, 242x320
>>344772480
What's so bad outside of the AI?
>>
>>344773064
My biggest gripe is the game is less dangerous. On realistic even the 10mm could kill you in one hit. Now you can run around with near impunity. Also what the duck is with the hardest difficulty being locked, hit markers, mantling, and perks. I know these can be disabled but this mod should not have its name.
>>
>>344773713
I'm playing on realistic, going pure nonlethal/stealth and pistols are deadly as fuck
>>
>>344775193
I really do not wish to play through the game on hard just to play it on realistic when I can just do vanilla.
>>
>>344775335
I never played on hard vanilla to be honest
>>
>>344773713
>hit markers
That feels a bit unnecessary overall, Deus Ex originally had good indications that you hit people. Enemies react to getting hit with darts, lethal stuff makes droplets of blood and so on.
>>
So if I understand it right, GMDX is a modernized, casualized version of DX? Fixing clunkiness with stuff that might make gameplay a little bit too easy?

I remember downloading Deus Ex Revision, which to me looked pretty horrible. Isn't there any cool mod out there that acts as an overhaul without tampering too much with the gameplay? The only thing I liked (up until I reached a certain point) was the nameless mod.
>>
>>344779812
>casualized
no, the AI is much much better

this video illustrates some changes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P6mHqX1fYU
>>
>>344779812

I don't really care about that, I played DX enough to know how to jew the system for maximum efficiency on any difficulty.
>>
>>344780107
Alright, nice.

Did they add that thing in the Shifter mod that autoequipped weapon mods? I kinda dig lasers not having to be enabled constantly.
>>
>>344777098
Me neither, I'm talking about realistic being locked on gmdx
>>
>>344780665
this video shows the change in pathfinding which is fucking massive in how inefficient enemies were in navigating the environment, they used to go all the fucking way just to aim around corners, for example

SOme additions like mantling make DX easier, but I just turned it off, as the game wasn't designed for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKHPtfammNY
>>
>>344780107
They added so much shit the game is now unbalanced and broken.

I'm still going to reinstall. FUCK YOU
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.