[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a interview here today for sales assistant. What should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 272x185
I have a interview here today for sales assistant.

What should I expect?

>inb4 sorting preowned Fifa 16 for the rest of my life
>>
How does one get a jawb there?
>>
>>344762092
Handed in a CV
>>
>>344762019
>Lie through your teeth about being a 'team player'
>Be politically correct and nod
>Answer the questions carefully
>Make sure to dress with a sense of dignity, don't turn up in your fucking jeans

Afterwards expect to help normies decide how gamebox 460s and CoDs they want for their wifes sons.
>>
>>344762019
What to expect? Retail hell. Insufferable customers and stuck up single mothers.
>>
>>344762279
>Make sure to dress with a sense of dignity, don't turn up in your fucking jeans
i've never understood this. why do i need to dress up for a retail job? i'll just wear my black jeans and a shirt with a collar.
>>
>>344762019
Expect them to not know shit about games.

You're in for a new view on the world anon.
the staff play skyrim and fallout, and every the "new big thing"
Parents are the main customer buying shit you'd cringe at for the kids than don't want that shit
People smell
You'll get asked alot on new games that come out so you'd be expected to know about them.

Your opinion means shit.
Sales matter more, if someone comes in and asks what console is best you say which is selling more, not that a new console is just around the corner and they should hang on.
>>
>>344762279
>>344762474
I was told it was a casual interview with a casual dress code,

But that also means dress smart casual
>>
You'll need to learn how to flog dumb shit to confused mums.

You'll probably know more about vidya than 99% of the people there despite having played hardly any of the popular games. If there's one thing /v/ is good for it's learning about games you don't play.
>>
>>344762474
It shows that you're willing to make an effort with your appearance and are somewhat self aware.
>>344762567
Just don't turn up in a tracksuit
Jeans and a shirt would be fine
>>
>>344762685
Cheers,

I'm just reading up on the charts top sellers and upcoming games.
>>
>>344762019
Worked at Game in 2009 for a year and 2013 as a temp whilst at uni.

Everyone will be a normalfag. You will have a normalfag boss who is simply a store manager working at the most available position (which happens to be the job he's in right now, at Game), and the assistant manager will be a bro who actually plays games. Your colleagues will consist of 17-year-old "lol such a nerd XD" girls who only play AAA fotm titles because they're the most "in", 16-year-old weed smokers who steal stock and turn up late all the time but get away with it because the boss is a fucking shitter who couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery, 20-year-old dudebros who play Fifa and only turn up to weekend shifts hungover _ "Shit bruv did you go out last night I got fuckin wrecked last night, loads of fit bitches m8 shame I was too drunk to fuck any because I would be knee deep in pussy haha", rarely will you see a weeb working at Game but it can happen (they will talk a lot about Disgaea as if this is the apex of weeb vidya) and finally the 25-year-old jaded "lifer" who has no prospects other than working in a gaming store. He used to love games and gaming and joined up for those reasons, but working in the commericalised world of a videogame store has made him understand just how fucking shit his hobby is because nobody other than himself gives a fuck about it. He will hate Christmas because working in a retail store at Christmas is literal fucking torture for 2 months straight.

You will be targetted on console sales (this is a relatively new thing), but you will not get paid commission. You will instead get little perks such as vouchers to purchase in-store products. Since you are targetted, they can manage you and fire you for non-performance as it's easier this way.

Game's tilling software is literally from the mid 90's and has barely changed. You cannot swipe a loyalty card to find a member, you have to do it manually. It's amazing.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.