[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that game that just blatantly copies another game's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: disappoint.png (168 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
168 KB, 500x280
>that game that just blatantly copies another game's successful combat
>>
>>344759727
>filename: disappoint.png

>game dev tries to copy something good from a game

do you often play professional victim?

I would understand it if someone is disappointed because a game tries to blatantly copy another game because it is succesful. But being disappointed because it takes something that is good, liked and wanted?
>>
>If some game gets coppied once call it theft
>If a game gets copied hundreds of time call it a genre

;-)
>>
>>344760557
have you ever thought that people liked a certain game because it tried to do its own thing rather than following trends?

Take Batman Arkham games, they were their own thing, their combat wasn't copypasted from some other popular game.

Assassin's Creed 1. You can complain about the game being repetitive, however the idea of climbing tons of parts of a city was a fresh idea that separated it from the rest of the open world games.

the list goes on
>>
File: 1405290489761.png (314 KB, 486x613) Image search: [Google]
1405290489761.png
314 KB, 486x613
>>344759727
>all video games should reinvent the wheel
>>
File: 1390570578404.jpg (58 KB, 295x304) Image search: [Google]
1390570578404.jpg
58 KB, 295x304
>>344761112
>all video games should just copy whatever is popular at the moment
>>
>>344759727
If it fits the game, it fits the game. Having said that, I'm sick of the whole Assassin's Creed/Batman counter-attack two-button fighting.
>>
hello every first person shooter ever made after Doom
>>
>>344761040
>have you ever thought that people liked a certain game because it tried to do its own thing rather than following trends?

I literally can only see that you want to be butthurt and that you try everything to stay butthurt.

Try reading my post again, even if it might overcome your reading skills. I am saying that taking something that works and people enjoy is no reason to be dissapointed. You're just trying to be a professional victim or you're some kind of video game snob who can't enjoy something when it's not it's own special snowflake.
>>
>>344761040
Bamham combat basically was lifted straight from Ass Creed though, but merely made prettier.

Well, the slight shift at least wasn't as bad as the direct clones it spawned, like Shitshow of Mordor.
>>
>>344762113
What? AssCreed had a wait and counter approach, while Bam Ham allowed you to use all the gadgets, and the game didn't have a defend button at all, only counter and evade. AC games don't even have the whole gadgets in combat thing. Plus the combo system, building combos for the finishers, finishing downed enemies. Asylum and AC1 have quite different combat.
>>
>>344761256
Yeah. For Batman it worked; push button, be BATMAN. But when every character is invincible kung-fu man, then it's boring. Especially that without the cape feel, they are just over-glorified QTE events.
>>
File: 1335179298657.jpg (59 KB, 410x434) Image search: [Google]
1335179298657.jpg
59 KB, 410x434
>>344761216
They already do, so suck it, nerd
>>
File: 1377388872507.gif (99 KB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1377388872507.gif
99 KB, 300x164
>>344759727
>it does it better
>>
>>344761216
No, there should be some innovation and creativity. However, having to make everything always from a scratch is not smart.
>>
>>344763160
I never said they had to make everything from scratch, but there is such a thing as being overly lazy with it. Shadow of Mordor's combat for example, that goes as far as copying the fucking skill system of Arkham games is one example of lazyness to the extreme.

I thought something like Sleeping Dogs was obviously inspired by the whole Arkham combat was fine, they did enough variety and differentiation to keep it fresh
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.