[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did /v/ start wanting every game in existence to be a failure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 429x410
When did /v/ start wanting every game in existence to be a failure?

When did we start to be that way? What happened?
>>
Having the privilege to say "HA! I TOLD YOU!" when a hyped up game bombs.
>>
Was it with TORTANIC? Why did one single game spur this change?
>>
>>344759845
But why? Isn't it better to celebrate, as a gaming community?
>>
>>344760147
>having fun
>on 4chan
Are you new or something? It's not 2004 anymore.
>>
>>344760202
I just want to know what changed.
>>
>>344759862
The DmC fiasco also happened immediately afterwards, so the trend of schaudenfreud probably stuck by then.
>>
>>344760586
Oh, yes. So it merely reflects the state of the industry. Interesting
>>
File: 1459793797531.jpg (33 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
1459793797531.jpg
33 KB, 329x329
I gave up hope of new games being good long ago
>>
>>344761271
>physical mn9

Anon I'm sorry
>>
File: 1365741512907.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1365741512907.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
Because of easy replies.

Go into a thread and say "these games are shit" and people will notice you.

A lot of people on this board are very lonely and addicted to the quick and easy attention from negative posts. It's instant gratification that just doesn't happen the same way with positive posts.

Also, it doesn't help that AAA games are overhyped, overrated trash these days, so it makes the cynics even more bitter than they already are.
>>
>>344761271
Nice loot senpai
>>
I think when Borderlands viral went fucking nuts on /v/, the opposition wanted the games to fail. We've long reached a point that we should stop, but we kept going to see what happens.

What happens is, if a game doesn't completely soar with success, it is declared dead. It may have enough of a playerbase to jump on at any point, click find game, and find a game in seconds - but the memes are set in stone. So then you have all these pointless discussions, on the game's forums or ign or whatever, about how to "revive" the game. But it's too late, because the meme is already a meme. Dead games with dead fucking threads.
>>
>>344759689

When the industry decided the only 2 flavor of videogames are overhyped AAA sandbox game and indie trash made by a snotty san francisco dev
>>
>>344760246
People don't go on the internet for fun anymore, they go on because they have to and they hate it. The internet hasn't been fun in 10 years
>>
I don't know about /v but I've come to despise the industry so much every tale of failure is a good tale.

Bottom lines crashing, companies dying? Good news. Never enough.
>>
>>344762062
>people
>implying you're not projecting your own faults onto said people
>>
>>344761271
GTAV, Dishonored and Shadow Warrior are the shit, fun as fuck

MM9 on the other hand, I hope it didn't cost you too much I backed the kickstarter :<
>>
>>344762147
This, it always makes me happy when I see a game bombing and companies going under. Just let it all burn into the ground, and perhaps something good will grow out of the ashes some day.
>>
>>344764963
As much as I want all game companies to die it's not gonna happen at least in the next ten years. Maybe when all the normalfags buying ubisoft and bethesta trash grow out of the vidya maybe, just maybe there will be some hope, but right now, no.
>>
File: July12_habbohotel.jpg (554 KB, 898x1172) Image search: [Google]
July12_habbohotel.jpg
554 KB, 898x1172
>>344762062
>The internet hasn't been fun in 10 years
10 years to the day in fact.
>>
>cmd+f
>"Spore"
>No results

C'mon /v/.
>>
My favourite series and genres got raped and/or died, so I want everyone else to go through the same because fuck video games
>>
File: 56757574767.png (417 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
56757574767.png
417 KB, 600x900
>>344759689

>>344759689

There's something about a lot of new games that just makes them devoid of passion for me so I stay away from them for the most part.
I don't care if they succeed or fail, which is probably worse than wanting it to fail since actively supporting a games destiny one way or another means you're at least a little invested in it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.