[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any anons still playing this game? I felt the sudden urge to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: HoN.jpg (121 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
HoN.jpg
121 KB, 720x576
Any anons still playing this game?
I felt the sudden urge to download this, haven't touched it since it went F2P.

>tfw no game will ever be as good as HoN beta
>>
just play dota you idiot
>>
>>344751591
Played it since beta.
I peaked at around 5,2 MMR and got bored after the frankfurt mayor.
>>
>>344751425
play dota. everyone playing dota
>>
File: 1466369742699.jpg (26 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
1466369742699.jpg
26 KB, 457x480
>>344751425
>he wants to play the deadest moba in history
The Madman
>>
Try League of Legends
>>
File: Untitled.png (151 KB, 732x554) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
151 KB, 732x554
>>344753635
>>
>>344751425
Isn't it the same as dota in terms of heroes and items ?
>>
>>344753792
Since HoN has been at it longer, they have a larger hero pool. There are a lot of carry-overs from the original Dota though.
>>
>>344753792
Back in beta, yes (partially).
Then when the cold frog joined Valve they had to stop copying Dota I think (Because Dota 2 was in the make).
That's where it all went to shit.
Their art style suddenly was completely fucked up, ugly skins and shit stains everywhere.
>>
File: 4u.jpg (48 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
48 KB, 432x432
>>344753792
it was in like 2007
since then hon's added more heroes and dota's added more items
also dota went fucking mental on crazy shit to add and change about the game so a lot of core shit has gone on a tangent
if dota could get any worse and hon had a player i'd switch, but as it goes i've ditched the lot
>>
>>344753792
>>344753895
Don't forget the forced pseudo-random bullshit.

More autistic than Project M fags discussing Smash balance.
>>
>>344751732
5.2? Man when I stopped playing 2-3k mmr was like professional.

Also used to play from beta to hon 2.0. It was my first moba, since I never had wc3 as a kid, but all of my friends did. Once Dota 2 came out we all just pretty much switched and just play that now.

But me and my other friend who's an OG defence of the ancients nigga still have good memories from playing it in high school, and we hella miss certain heroes, even though they were technically broken or unbalanced as shit.

Some of my favourites:
>Bombardier
>Monkey King
>The Panda Guy (can't remember his name)
>The Chipper
>Nomad (that fucking song during that one skill)
>TDL
>Flux
>Drunken Master
>Deadwood

I also miss certain broken shit that was fun as hell. Like how Zephyr always went from a useless hero that nobody played to OP as shit the next patch, how Kraken's ult at one point would warp ult all enemies into your fountain, how you could use blink dagger with gauntlet to essentially get an undodgeable hook on people.
>>
>>344751425
Started playing again after 9 or so months.

Its getting worse and worse with every patch as usual. Dead soon.
>>
>>344751732
Almost same here. The pro-scene is too unstable to enjoy.
>>
>>344754538
2k-3k MMR was never professional in Dota, not even at launch. Pros were already sitting at 4k-4.5k after calibration and 6k was only a pipe dream.

2k was the center line, the median, the total population average, according to Valve's MMR post shortly before release. 2k-3k could never have been anywhere near comp level. Whoever told you that was a delusional shitter who was probably close to 3k himself and wanted to think he wasn't pubtrash shit.
>>
I used to play this from closed beta to some time after release.
God I miss Deadwood.
Oh whoop what dat, you grappled? Where you got grappled from son? FROM THE TREES SON ON SHIT LOOK AT HIM RUNNING THROUGH THE FUCKING TREES
HAPPY FEET
WOMBO COMBO
DAT AINT FALCO
>>
HoN beta was better than dota but HoN release fucked it all up and their business model just plain sucked.
>>
>>344755214
I've known professional players that sat around 4.5k They were support players
>>
File: BS.jpg (328 KB, 640x1478) Image search: [Google]
BS.jpg
328 KB, 640x1478
I'd come back to Dota if there was a Balphagore-like.
>>
>>344751425
As someone who plays it with his friends, the game is really really dead.

I just want top 100 then im quitting
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.