[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming out today. Any thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Coming out today. Any thoughts?
>>
>>344751094
I'm interested. Any idea how long a successful run of the game is?
>>
played it at pax. super slow and unintersting. by "timing-based combat" they mean" every attack you or an enemy does has a shit ton of windup"
>>
+50 rupees have been deposited to your account, OP.
>>
>>344751248
Too bad. It really did look interesting
>>
by the looks of pre-release footage it's immensely boring, slow and every enemy is a bullet sponge you need to hack like 10 time before he will die
weapons with unique abilities look kinda cool but they seem to fuck up your stamina bar after each usage making it even slower
>>
>>344751385
yeah I was excited for it when I first heard about it ages ago and the forgot about it until I saw it at pax. stood in line for ages and then it really wasn't very fun
>>
>>344751094
Judging by the streams I watched earlier the game looks way too slow paced for me. The 4 levels that they were allowed to show looked the same. The camera was super janky when locked onto enemies. If it was a 10~15$ game I may have checked it out but the 30$ price tag is doing them no favors.
>>
>>344751248
>>344751456
I remember being put off by the hitboxes from watching pax gameplay, they looked like something straight out of DaS2. How did it feel while playing?
>>
>>344751520
I don't really remember and I didn't get to play for very long because I fucked up and got swarmed and killed pretty quickly. the really slow attacks made everything feel really clunky though
>>
>>344751094
I was really interested until I saw the gameplay from totalbiscuit. Looked rather boring there and I also dislike the decision to have randomly created levels, which I didnĀ“t know about until I watched that video.
>>
File: owh.png (50 KB, 263x135) Image search: [Google]
owh.png
50 KB, 263x135
Need a honest reply, i love dark souls and rogue-like/lites, will this game last like pic related?
>>
>>344752102
It's not actually out yet, minus some streamers/youtubers who got the game early.
>>
>>344751094
I want it but here are my concerns :

-Originally, about 4 classes were planned (don't know the exact number but some trailers show different kinds of characters). There's now only one, with armor sets and of course weapons that can be found in chests or as loot in general.

Apparently, two more classes at least were ready (brute and aracanist), but at this point the devs are saying it's likely going to be DLC, provided the game sells well.

-Weapons : The weapons seems different enough at this point, short and longswords, axes, greatswords, spears, I hear you can even craft spells and there are ranged weapons, but for now it's always going to be shield+weapon. No two handed weapons as of right now, which is a shame. The devs said you can have a ranged weapon in one hand, and a melee in another, so the dual wielding aspect is there but limited.

>>344752102
I think it depends how much you like it, if you're playing with friends online or not, etc.

>>344751781
His footage is pretty old but he brings up some good points. There are new videos from more recent builds, but they just kind of show a lot of gameplay, and they don't really criticize anything like Totalbiscuit does.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.