[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
top fucking kek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: header.jpg (61 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
61 KB, 460x215
They won't even let this piece of shit die in peace

also "founders" who paid the original price got btfo
>>
>>344744520
Evolve is so great compared to Overwatch

Overwatch is a fail and Evolve showed that a monster hunt "Attack on Titans" style is much more fun than paying over 40 $ + 39.99 $/ loot boxes for some Overated memes.
>>
>>344744962
Who said you had to pay for the memes?
>>
Is it true they wiped all level progress for everyone who played the paid version? What a joke.
>>
>>344745057
Apparently, yes
>>
>>344744520
founders still got to keep most of the new characters right as well as the 5000 bonus.

I've been having a good time with it now that it is back again. I know why they did the level wipe but really?
>>
>>344745096
>>
>>344745169
Really? I could have sworn I bought someone after my first game. Jeez.
>>
>all this founders shit drama in steam discussion

It's like NEETfags vs wagecucks all over again
>>
I feel sorry for everyone who got burned by buying it. I'm having fun though. Just bought Griffin, nothing more satisfying than harpooning a monster's ass just as the shield drops and he thinks he's done with us
>>
>Turtle Rock fucking over the people who paid full price for their dead on arrival game in the first place
>>
>>344744520
I couldn't bother installing it. Not worth it
>>
File: 35.jpg (35 KB, 400x443) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
35 KB, 400x443
>>344744520
>play it for 10 hours
>literally hide and seek the game
>spend 80% of games running
>people payed 60+ doritos for this
lmao
>>
The only people who are mad that it went f2p are the 100 people who have 200 hours on it and are autistic with their achievements.
>>
>>344745981
Dead by daylight is also just hide and seek, as is prophunt, as are a multitude of other games. There's nothing wrong with H&S, it can be pretty dope if done correctly.
>>
>>344746109
Dead by daylight is also 20 dollars.
>>
>>344745981
>Playing against people who are bad enough to let you sneak for 80% of the game
>>
>>344746202
See the "if done correctly" portion. Also, I think DBD is also poorly done, mainly because of the perk/leveling system.
>>
>>344746273
maybe a slight exaggeration but most of the games goes as follow for me at least
>trap monster in 2-3 mins
>kill him end game
>failed to kill him?
>run for 6+ mins
>>
So ive played 2 matches.

First match was me as support against a wraith. He was so nimble we barely could hurt him (or our attackers couldnt aim for shit) and my rocket barrage ability was pretty much impossible to aim. Then he ran and we basically spend 90% of the time running and only got 3 domes worth of shooting action. In the end we won because the timer ran out. If it didnt we would probably play another 20 minutes.

Second round was against a goliath. I was healer and he just pounded me non-stop. I managed to avoid his super attacks with jetpack boosts but then I was out and he just slapped me in the face until I was dead.

I dont really get the game. The running around is far too drawn out. It would be nice that if that the start you have to track the monster down, but then when you get to him it should be non-stop fighting action. But with armor the monster is best off trying to disengage as much as possible. The monster at least can do something else but hunter just constantly hunt him down without too much else to do in the meantime
>>
>>344746361
post some examples pls.
>>
>>344744520
reminder to not buy any modern MMOs because those will all eventually be free to plays and it´s not a finished game during release
>>
>>344746446
Hidden in Plain Sight and prophunt are the two main examples that spring to mind.
>>
>>344746424
It's funny because there's even more running and hiding in the old evolve. Good monsters would just hide and eat for 15 minutes to stage 3 then wiped the whole team.
>>
File: evolve cryengine errors.jpg (191 KB, 1225x450) Image search: [Google]
evolve cryengine errors.jpg
191 KB, 1225x450
The reason it died in the first place was the ultra lame gameplay, shit balance, terrible DLC implementation, and lack of patches for shit that actually mattered (leaderboards, matchmaking, map bugs, general stability, shit optimization).

Since they haven't really fixed most of that, it's just gonna fucking die in a month again. Why did they even go through with this if they weren't gonna make it into a good game?
>>
>>344746551
I feel you are as fast as the monster and therefore cannot really get to him. What you do is just run following tracks and the map scan until you find out you somehow got close. Then you just run after the monster as he runs away and you have to keep running so if the monster doesnt run for one second you can close in. There is no sense of limiting the movement of the monster more and more until you can push him in a corner and kill him.
>>
>>344746642
Game died because of shit balance (the learning curve was far too high for new players, leading to MONSTER SO OP shit while high level play was nothing but Monsters being stomped into the dirt), and content being released way too slow.
>>
>>344744520
Didn't TF2 do the same thing?

Those of us who bought the game only got a shitty hat to show for it
>>
>>344746957
s-shut up
>>
>>344745981
>>344746382
>>344746424
>>344746807
>all these people who just chase in the monster's direction
Have you tried using your brain and flanking it? The maps have dozens of spots where you can trap the monster if you split up and play strategically. The game is bad because of horrible matchmaking and shitty balance, not because you don't know how to play it.
>>
>>344746446

tldr new players get fucked as they have yet to gain perks.
>>
>>344746957
TF2 didnt cost 80 bucks and started nickel and diming you from day one.
>>
>>344744520
Its fun though
I really enjoy this game, I liked beta, but didnt want to pay
>>
>>344746953

>content released way too slowly.

Oh, on the contrary, my dear anon. They released tons of content, and by 'content,' I mean DLC. They had like 170 bucks worth last I checked.

So 60 dollar game, with season passes, separate monster and hunter unlocks that weren't covered by the season passes, and then DLC bullshit on top of the DLC bullshit. Amazing. Ebin.

I sure hope none of you go back to this piece of shit. The devs haven't changed, and they'll resume their old ways the instance they think they've got some players hooked.
>>
>>344747263
But TF2 started the whole ingame purchases of alternate weapons and cosmetics.

Don't even get me started on those accursed loot crates
>>
>>344747614
There was at least a chance to create fun memories. This game only gave you a month and then after you could finally wash it away with alcohol it came back and kicks you in the nuts with F2P
>>
File: Otter.jpg (85 KB, 283x300) Image search: [Google]
Otter.jpg
85 KB, 283x300
I don't know about you but as a founder i think getting your dead game you paid for resurrected is better than any other thing you can get.
>>
File: 864758-otter.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
864758-otter.jpg
437 KB, 1920x1080
>>344748087
This. Instead of having paid 60 dollars for a paper weight, you have an actual functioning game instead.
>>
File: 1467518024326.jpg (235 KB, 782x478) Image search: [Google]
1467518024326.jpg
235 KB, 782x478
>>344745981
>press tab
>cut across building and corner the beast for days
>other retards just chasing after footsteps

baka
>>
>>344744520
how did they get btfo, they got to play the game early and even got bonus shit because its f2p now
>>
I've played a few rounds of this and the game quality is all over the place

>If Abe is trapper and tags the monster the monster is going to get chased down all game
>If Abe doesn't tag the monster the monster gets to stage 2 and potentially 3
>All the Wraiths I've played against died like a bitch in stage 1 and didn't run away even after the dome ran out
>Meteor Goliath takes a hot shit on the hunters once he hits stage 2 with the free support/medic combo of Hank/Caira
>Against Meteor Goliath teammates are splitting off in combat so MG can single out and eliminate us one by one
>I had no idea wtf was happening during the Gorgon hunt and think an ability made my guy bug out because he seemed to be standing/walking around while clearly downed
>Game has been most fun when there's been several small skirmishes with the monster wearing down hunter max health via downs and the hunters wearing down the monster a bit every fight
>>
>>344744962
people like you make me kek all the time, just accept the fact that overwatch is a good game.
>>
To all those people complaining that the running is too drawn out, they actually changed that when it got f2p. The game got alot faster, as everyone can drop the dome now. Imagine how boring and drawn out the game must have been when it was pay to play.
>>
>>344744520
>They won't even let this piece of shit die in peace

Top 7 most played game on Steam today.
And it was top 5 when we had a thread yesterday.

I haven't reinstalled it yet, but I'm considering doing it tonight.
I only played it during its free beta before launch, and my problem with it was it took 15 minutes to get a game going, and then the actual game lasted 5 minutes due to the monster being incompetent.
Had a few such matches and quit. I recall /v/ laughed at me for saying the game isn't good and will flop. Who's laughing now? Nobody. Nobody is laughing. I am sad when I am right about a game being bad.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to get to stage 2 when I get into one skirmish and can't shake the hunters for the rest of the game?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.