[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate Denuvo? Everything people say bad about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12
File: 1879571_0.jpg (12 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1879571_0.jpg
12 KB, 540x309
Why does /v/ hate Denuvo?
Everything people say bad about it are lies like it doesn't allow mods or requires all online connection, which couldn't be further from the truth, because all it does is protect the DRM system of the game from crackers.

It only has good sides, the piracy ends, more games get released on PC, no more half ass ports and devs can make better games with the bigger profit they make.
>>
denuvo is the mark of a bad game
>>
File: 1419934586284.gif (475 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
1419934586284.gif
475 KB, 499x374
>Shilling DRM

Fuck off. I'm gonna go pirate just because you made this thread.
>>
>>344740257
Denuvo isn't DRM, it PROTECTS the DRM.
It's called anti-tampering

>>344740179
Just Cause 3, Far Cry Primal and MGSV disagree with you
>>
>>344740179
Actually the opposite is true. The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, and xcom 2 were garbage.

The division, tomb Raider, hitman, Doom, are quality games.
>>
I was going to post about Denuvo.

I think that private businesses have any right to find out whatever ways to protect themselves. I don't agree with there not being demos for games that cost 60 dollars, which you can only try for 2 hours -if- you have the money to spend. But they're not doing something really wrong.

The issue I find is whether or not these releases are actually worth buying, to be fair. I will most likely preorder Deus Ex (hoping it works on my 280x) but so far I can't find a compelling reason to go buy Doom which seems like a generic modern shooter, Rise of the Tomb Raider which is littered with collectables... MGSV which many people seem disappointed with. They don't seem to be putting more work into these releases because they protect themselves from piracy. They just want to fight potential customers.
>>
>>344740829
Doom is average and Tomb Raider is mediocre but MGSV is GOTY material, the disappointment was because it lacks a final mission but you see the people complaining are the ones who spent 100+ hours on it, just the same way /v/ trashes Skyrim
>>
Where do people even torrent games nowadays
I haven't torrented anything for 10+ years
>>
what happened to that officially sanctioned just cause 3 multiplayer mod?

last i heard one of the devs was complaining about hitting walls b/c of denuvo.
>>
>>344741150
Used to be kat.ph, but you will only frequently find indie games there now. Big releases get pulled out quickly even when uncracked.

You can't currently pirate the new tomb raider, doom or hitman, though there are some news out there of certain groups getting really close.
>>
>>344739254
You can only play 5 times a day offline. Thats why crackers havent gotten through yet. You get 5 tickets a day and once they are used you cant play your game until you reconnect to the internet. Its bullshit really.
What if your internet goes out or you are playing on a laptop and dont have access to the internet.
Well too bad because you have to connect to the internet for a game you payed for every 5 times you play. dont have internet right now. Guess you cant play that game you payed for.

Currently the crackers have it so that your friends can lone you their tickets. But against you only get 5 per day.
>>
>>344740829
if you don't feel like shelling out 60 dollars on a chance then just wait. People just don't want to wait for the game to go for 10 dollars or less. They want the new games with that ever increasing backlog.
>>
>>344741350
this is completely false.

1 ticket = you can play offline for about a month.

there is a limit of 5ish tickets per day but you're only issued a new ticket if it's a different machine.
>>
>>344741150
use nosteam, they have most new games out from the past 8 years.
>>
>>344741478
>1 ticket = you can play offline for about a month.
nope
>>
>>344739254
Prevents proper modding.
Did you know the MP mod of JC3 was cancelled, and that the last we knew about it, up until it's cancellation, was that they had trouble debugging the game due to Denuvo?
>>
>>344739254
I can't try out these games before buying them
>>
>because all it does is protect the DRM system of the game from crackers.

Well if those racist bigots don't want me to play their game, then I won't
>>
>>344741420
That's more than a year of waiting, and some of these games have multiplayer elements. I understand there's a backlog but if you've been playing specific games of a series and you want to play the next sequel, having to wait for another year and a half doesn't seem so good anymore. It hurts more when they have any semblance of a story.
>>
>>344739254
>no more half ass ports and devs can make better games with the bigger profit they make.

1) They are not making more profits, Denuvo games have the same average sales. Not a single Denuvo game reached 1 million copies sold, and in fact, Far Cry Primal was a flop which sold about 1/3rd of what Far Cry 4 did, and about 1/20th of what FC3 did.

2) Denuvo has among it's library Batman Arkham Knight, the worst PC port ever made.
>>
>>344740534
>>344740476
(you)
>>
File: Untitled.png (210 KB, 1384x122) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
210 KB, 1384x122
I don't like it because this DRM seems like a curse, every Denuvo game i've bought has ranged from mediocre to massive, borderline-unplayable turd.
>>
If there's no demo, and I can't pirate it, then no buy, ESPECIALLY if it's fucking single player.

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if they essentially want you to take a chance and trust the paid shills. Fork out 60 dollars on somthing that could be hot shit.
>>
>>344740829
>>344741102
>Doom seems average
>Doom is average.

Other than shitastic multiplayer and god awful SnapMap, the game is a pretty good single player experience.
>>
>>344741853
Indeed it doesn't ensure quality.

It's like saying "well, we will take away from you the ability to mod games or try them. in exchange however, we will offer you the same rushed garbage as years ago, we won't increase the quality or listen any more to our customers than before.
>>
>>344741478
Why is that even a thing at all? Why the fuck would I need a "ticket" just to play the damn game I bought when I want? This shit can fuck right off.
>>
>>344739254
>no more half ass ports
>Just Cause 3
>Hitman
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
>MGSV's menu controls
>Batman Arkham Knight
>Lords of the Fallen

The PS4 isn't pirated and it still gets games with shit performance all the time, why would PC games with DRM be any different?
>>
>>344741478
Why the fuck should I have to endure this?
Piracy is a problem that affects developers alone, why should I give a fuck about that?
Don't make it my problem, retards.
>>
>>344740829
MGSV has great gameplay but a catastrophically shit story. Par for the course with a Kojima game desu.
>>
>>344740829
RotTR is actually pretty good and a big improvement over TR2013
>>
>>344739254
Quite the opposite.
Before they needed to put legitimate work to earn their sales, but not anymore.
Now with Denuvo, you either buy it, or you don't play it, so they can stop giving a fuck about it.
>>
>>344739254
t. EA marketing
>>
>>344741150
private trackers
>>
>>344741710
>Far Cry Primal was a flop which sold about 1/3rd of what Far Cry 4 did
Source????

>>344741710
>Not a single Denuvo game reached 1 million copies sold
SOURCE?!?!?

where are you getting this shit from I can't find it?
>>
Denuvo is the best thing to happen to gaming since forever. Once the major publishers realize, that installing draconic DRM in your games doesn't increase sales, this anti-pirate, pro-DRM campaign will end for good.

Just give it some time.
>>
>>344741150
IRC or usenet.
I can't stand having to upload shit.
>>
>>344740476
>>344740534
>Far Cry Primal
>hitman

>good
You guys always out yourselves so quickly. Even the reviews for those games are shit. (75 and 76 on metascore, with worse user reviews). If you keep defending shit like that no one will ever fall for your ruse.
>>
>>344742460
I'm a bit skeptical, I did actually 100% fucking TR2013 and while I had my issues with it I still had my fun with it. Last time I was going to pick the new one up for 20 bucks people really wanted to stop me like I was going to waste some real money
>>
>Inside gets perfect scores from every outlet
>pay 20 buckaroos because Denuvo
>it's a shallow piece of shit with 3 hour playtime and no replayability

This is why I need piracy, the industry is shit and review sites are a joke. Eat a bag of dicks OP.
>>
>>344739254
Because you faggots post it every fucking day, going "DENUVO IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CRACKU!"

If you shitpost ANYTHING every fucking day, acting like it's some super awesome thing that "destroys" /v/, then no-shit /v/ is legitimately going to hate it.

Probably the same two or three retards doing it monotonously.
>>
>>344742642
Yeah it's what people don't realize. You need for tyrants to try and fail.
>>
>>344742624
http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=far+cry

There you go.

>Far Cry 3: 2.8 million
>Far Cry 4: 730k
>Far Cry Primal: 180k

And yes, it seems a game has surpassed 1 million copies, MGSV, which has sold 1 millions and 20k due to the Steam sales where it was at $20.
But that's all.

Also
>?!?!?
>''where are you getting this shit from I can't find it?''
>using interrogation marks when you don't have to
Stop typing like a Redditor.
>>
It does not allow for modding though, at best some shitty stage builder stuff
>>
>>344741150
piratebay
>>
>>344739254
>it doesn't allow mods
It doesn't allow certain types of mods which are often the best ones. Majority of Freelancer mods that alter the exe, for example. Scrip extenders for Bethshit games. Also prevents people from reverse engineering an exe to build open-source versions.

It's harmful for the longevity of a game and all for what? I doubt the profit they made off pirates that eventually bought the games is enough to justify Denuvo's probably expensive licensing fees.
>>
>>344742624
>Source????
>SOURCE?!?!?
>where are you getting this shit from I can't find it?

Do these people type like fat Tumblrinas on purpose, or do we have legitimate Tumblrinas in here?
>>
File: janitor.jpg (85 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
janitor.jpg
85 KB, 650x650
>hotpockets still haven't filtered all Denuvo pics
FOR FREE
O
R

F
R
E
E
>>
>>344742791
>Stop typing like a Redditor.
Fuck off its how I've always typed, not changing for your autism.
>>
>>344743008
Maybe then you should head back to Tumblr with your obnoxious kind.
>>
>>344742624
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Far+Cry&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Far cry primal sold 1/5 of what 4 did, but again, I would want to put Denuvo on it too if I was Ubisoft just out of rage, look the massive difference of console sales to PC sales due to piracy
>>
Because like all fucking drm, it makes it more restrictive on paying consumers.

>Game with no drm
>I just copy the fucking files to any of my devices and play, no need for internet, can lend them to friends, etc
>Game with drm
>STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM YOU WILL ONLY GET THE GAME FROM THE DESIGNATED SERVICE AND RUN IT ON THESE DESIGNATED COMPUTERS AND NEED TO BE ONLINE
I'd rather pirate or not play at all than deal with this bullshit.
>>
>>344743008
>FUCK YOU, I WON'T STOP TYPING LIKE A RETARD WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO USE PUNTUATION MARKS
>>
>>344742712
I was also skeptical at first. Bought the game on sale and had a blast with it. It's the same formula but the game is at least twice as long this time, has better puzzles and larger optional tombs.
>>
>>344739254
Honestly I'm just tired of seeing it for 12 months straight or more in the catalog. Seriously how much do they pay people to post the same fucking thread every day with the same logo?
>>
>>344743038
I tried getting on tumblr ages ago and I couldn't figure out how to use it

>>344743097
lmao chill
>>
>>344742712
Game is worth it for 10 bucks.
>>
>>344743053
While I'm also glad Far Cry Primal barely sold on PC due to probably it's shit DRM, it's not really a fair comparison considering FC3 and 4 have been out for longer and probably went through several Steam or other sales.
>>
>>344743137
>>344742712
>>344742460
>Rise of the Uncharted Rider
>good
Oh boy, I sure enjoyed those 10 hours of Lara telling herself, once again, that she could do it, and this clusterfuck that shows that Crystal Dynamics doesn't know if they want to do a cinematic shooter, a survival game or an open world game.

It's absolutely hilarious how they drop you in the ''''''''''open world''''''' after the game ends when it's nothing but a bunch of connected corridors which, after the game, are completely empty.
>>
>>344743227
I guess, though it will take a while for it to be at that price.
>>
>>344743167
>how much do they pay people to post the same fucking thread every day with the same logo
Minimum wage. No qualifications needed other than being a neet.
>>
File: 1441038380287.jpg (259 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1441038380287.jpg
259 KB, 1000x1502
The only downsides for me are:

- not being able to pirate first and see if it's a shit game
- certain mods being unable to work through denuvo

that's about it, don't believe the shitty meme shit people come up with.
>>
>>344739254

denuvo is working a little too well and soon all publishers will use it. it's been 7 months and just cause 3 isn't cracked. denuvo themselves didn't expect it to last this long either.

the main objective of denuvo is to secure launch window sales and it's working.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/271289/Can_hard_to_crack_Denuvo_win_the_catandmouse_game_of_PC_piracy.php
>>
>>344743549
And it's going to show developers that piracy doesn't affect sales whatsoever since no Denuvo game has had any significantly high sales.
Popularity and marketing matters.
>>
>>344741689
Wait game has a multiplayer that doesn't die after 3 months? Like seriously only COD and 2-3 other FPS. Also it tends to be less than a year, more so if it is a single player focused game. Also all games have like another 60 dollars of fucking DLC. So you are not paying 60 for a full game anymore, you are really paying on upwards of 100-120 to even 200 dollars for a "full" game. This is why you wait, if the multiplayer is worth it and not a gimmick people will still be playing, people still play COD4 online. So you have ZERO excuse for pirating, other than you don't want to wait or pay.
>>
>>344743549
>denuvo themselves didn't expect it to last this long either.
Yeah, they came at the best time when much of the actual talent in the Scene have left. I dunno if this is because cracking Steam games have been a joke since it existed or the lack of any innovation in DRM until now.
>>
File: 1463480042272.jpg (438 KB, 1083x634) Image search: [Google]
1463480042272.jpg
438 KB, 1083x634
>>344743549
it's not that it's uncrackable, it's just too much work for the entitled scene skiddies to do for free.
you can see it in the shitty workarounds you need to do to get the 'cracked' games working, it'd seriously be less effort to just get a job and buy the fucking game half the time.
pirates are worse than manlets imo
>>
>>344743793
Its so much work that the chinese hackers are charging for Cracks.
>>
>>344742732
What did you expect? Haven't you played Limbo?
>>
>>344743841
lol, might as well go to g2a
>>
>>344741102
That's not why mgsv is disappointing. It's disappointing because the story is clunky and stupid, because the gameplay is lackluster, because playing missions don't make you feel like you are in the shit like previous titles. Why the fuck they'd switch to this mission structure shit is beyond me. It was cool as fuck to be the lone operative infiltrating an enemy base cut off from any help, sneaking through what feels like handcrafted areas. You felt the greatest infiltrator ever, penetrating so deep into Shadow Moses, not being caught. Or climbing through the jungles surrounding Grozny Gradj, weaving your way past hundreds of soldiers.

Heading out to a two bit compound before returning to your fucking army doesn't make you feel like a badass at all. And most f the time you don't feel like you are headed straight onwards to your goal, but like you are just grinding out missions to acquire points.

It's disliked because it was a terrible swan song to series - a series that already HAD a swan song, by the way. Nothing we learn in mgsv was needed, most things that were set up had little no no payout, the now mandatory Kojima twists made you feel even less invested in the game, and the gameplay was closer to a handheld experience. Fuck off with you GOTY bullshit.
>>
Should I contribute to denuvo by buying Tomb Raider and preordering Deus Ex from one of those shady key websites that haven't failed me for 7 years now
>>
>>344743886
I did play Limbo and every review site said Inside was much better.
>>
>10 years later
>want to play some good old Doom
>can't mod it to get it working on Windows Spy Professional
>install Windows 10
>start it up
>can't play it because Denuvo shut down their services for the game

Thanks Obama.
>>
>>344744815
More like
>install Windows 10
>it automatically updates to Windows Spy Professional on the first startup with no way to cancel it
>>
File: 1461429125619.png (62 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1461429125619.png
62 KB, 645x773
>>344744935
I just wanted to play some Doom 2016 man.

The future is gonna suck.
>>
>>344739254
http://store.steampowered.com//eula/371660_eula_1
>CERTAIN FILES OF THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY MAY REMAIN EVEN AFTER THE PRODUCT IS UNINSTALLED FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

>IN NO EVENT SHALL UBISOFT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPONENTS THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER BY ANY DRM SOFTWARE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY.
It's a real and actual botnet, whose agenda is to blacklist, persecute, and send you millions of dollars in fines and shove you off to jail if it ever finds anything it doesn't agree with.
It can also update itself so what it does and doesn't agree with can change. What's ok now may not be ok in the future. It's a literal fucking trojan out to spy on you while treating you as a potential criminal at all times. Why the fuck would anyone ever praise or defend Denuvo? It's anti-consumer as fuck, and it's utterly ridiculous that even legitimate and paying customers has to be subjected to this trash.

Sometimes I really don't understand people. People understandably flip their shit when Microsoft tries to push costly restrictions on used games. But they praise and applaud Sony when they put online play behind annual paid subscription fees. And then they just eat Denuvo up while defending it. It doesn't make sense to me. Why aren't more people upset?
>>
>>344744462
It was better though, if you liked Limbo I can't imagine you would hate Inside. If you hated Limbo I can't imagine why you'd buy Inside.
>>
>>344739254
>Denuvo posting
Jesus, again?
I was sure /v/ finally get over it somewhere in May.
>>
>>344745286
Because being upset rarely does anything to change it

You have to really do something nasty these days for people to push actively against it, spying on customers is no big deal nowadays where people are willing to give up their email accounts in order to play some pokemon.
>>
>>344739254
>no more half ass ports and devs can make better games with the bigger profit they make.
lmao
>>
>>344745294
>If you hated Limbo I can't imagine why you'd buy Inside.

I'd buy it in that case because people said it's better than Limbo? Because I might be keen on some of the ideas and the visuals, just hoping for a better game in the process. And then review sites trick me by lying about how good the puzzles and platforming are and not disclosing how insubstantial the game actually is for the price.
>>
>>344745286
Same reason you are most likely using Steam, Google, Windows and Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/WhatsApp

You don't really give a shit because it's convenient.
>>
>>344745286
>blacklist, persecute, and send you millions of dollars in fines and shove you off to jail if it ever finds anything it doesn't agree with
too bad they have no legal power, the most they can do is stop you from playing the game if you didn't buy it
if you're so paranoid about it, just delete the files
>>
File: excalibait.png (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
excalibait.png
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>344740534
>The division
>quality games
>>
File: 1453099955366.png (248 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1453099955366.png
248 KB, 500x495
>>344739254
>not wanting to crack your games so you can run them without steam
All DRM is shit and it only affects people who actually pay for the games.

Everyone used no-cd cracks on their games in the past but now a lot of people seem to get pissy if you want to play your games without steam.
What happened?
>>
>>344748152
*effects
Fuck I'm drunk
>>
File: when -v- btfo.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
when -v- btfo.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
>>
>>344745017
just steam share it with a friend like I did. You do have friends right?
>>
>>344741102
MGSV is actually pretty mediocre too
the gameplay is slightly above average but the rest is slightly below average

>>344742064
Doom actually was pretty mediocre
>>
I pretend to be a girl on Steam and I have some neckbeard '''''''boyfriend'''''''' who family shares all his games with me, so I don't really care about anything.
>>
>>344739254
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/4s5p2q/why_denuvo_like_any_other_drm_is_bad_for_gamers/
>>
>>344739254
Because the ones making these threads are a bunch of spastic and autistic nerds.
>>
>>344739254
>all bad things are lies like it doesn't allow mods
but it's true. It doesn't allow simple script extenders. All """""""""mods"""""""" you can add are simple retextures or new models. full fleged mods are blocked by denuvo.

The fact that you don't know this means you're one of 3 :
1) troll
2) underage
3) shill
>>
>>344749183
>Note: I'm not against DENUVO because "I can't pirate this". I'm against DRM overall because I want to pay for games and own them. I own more than 2000 games on Steam, but feel free to call me a filthy pirate if you wish.
That this disclaimer is even needed in the first place to even address the subject is pretty disgusting in itself.
In before people disregard the entire thing just due to it being from reddit.
>>
File: 1430122934255.jpg (87 KB, 692x475) Image search: [Google]
1430122934255.jpg
87 KB, 692x475
>>344751236
A lot of people have become DRM-cucks. They feel like they "own" a game only if it's a always online, win10 exclusive and denuvo ridden mess.
>>
>thread's been up for 4 hours
>still up
BRAVO HOTPOCKETS
>>
File: 1466775577643.jpg (61 KB, 424x308) Image search: [Google]
1466775577643.jpg
61 KB, 424x308
>>344751734
>tfw I know a guy like this
Kinda sad really

He told me I should start buying games legitimately when I usually try to get most of my games drm free from humble or gog
>>
>>344748152
>Everyone used no-cd cracks on their games in the past but now a lot of people seem to get pissy if you want to play your games without steam.
I remember this. Seriously. What the fuck happened?
Everyone used no-cd cracks. That really was the case. But now people look down on cracks, even on fucking /v/.
>>
>>344739254
Cracking DRM is actually more a more interesting challenge than the games themselves
>>
Ruins performance, kills hard drives and games wont be playable sooner or later.
Also really hard to remove it once you installed a game thats using it.
>>
Boy that denuvo sure has gotten a lot of sales for those amazing games that have used it. It sure hasnt sirectly hindered some of them who have a notoceable massive drop in sales conpared to previous titles no siree.
>>
>>344752109
gog is great.
And its also cheaper, if youre in europe as you get the difference to USD as store credit.
And they also have an actual support team.
>>
>>344753320
Denuvo is making pretty good cash, because publishers keep falling for the DRM scam.
>>
>>344748152
Most of my steam library is running a crack.
Has also fixed many issues with games not starting.
>>
I want to buy MD, but it will be denuvo.

What a shame.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.