[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been a little over three years since the side-scrolling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
It's been a little over three years since the side-scrolling extraterrestrial sandbox adventure game Starbound first went up for preorder. The game has come a long way since, through multiple major updates, mod support, and, a couple of months ago, news that it's finally (almost) ready to leave Early Access. Today came the next big step: The announcement of an official launch date of July 22.

after 3 years and multiple resets they're finally releasing how do you feel about that
>>
>>344732646
1. I feel bad.
2. This is screenshot from older version.
>>
It's still not really that much better than it was just a year ago.
>>
so what's in the game now?
last time i played there was like nothing to do except make some swords
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>344732646
>Be chucklefish
>Build good hype for 2D space game with procedural generation
>Drag ass to complete it for three years
>During those three years publish a better game than you have developed that had no source funding and was only made by one person, have it praised as the best recent indie game as your game is reaching launch and it has been long forgotten
>During those three years a garbage 3D version of your games has built exponentially more hype and is an indie game that will be bought countless times for $60 while having half the features your game has
>Finally release your Space Terraria mod by the time everyone has moved on.

Great job Chucklefuck
>>
>>344734039
They are currently removing content to readd it in dlc. Or they just went full retard, I dunno.
>>
File: 1467849085486.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1467849085486.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>yfw you bought starbound
>>
File: 1286375704921.png (13 KB, 468x425) Image search: [Google]
1286375704921.png
13 KB, 468x425
>>344732646
>starbound
I laugh every time because this game is a joke.
>>
I'm quite disappointed that they got rid of species-specific storylines, but whatever. I suppose it doesn't matter too much since you barely think about it anyway.

Took them fucking long enough to release it, but I still don't regret buying it. Second most-played game in my library.
>>
could this game potentially scratch the "terraria itch"?
>>
>>344737080
For about 10-20 hours yes.
>>
>>344732646
I haven't been keeping up with the nightly builds, so I hope there's some better progression and an actual endgame now.
>>
>>344732646
My friend bought it for me and I still have buyers remorse, that's how fucking bad it is

It's below DayZ SA and above MGSV on the let-down scale of gamer suicide
>>
So which mods are most recommended to try and improve the experience?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.