[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that you can play Metroid Prime in VR htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
Friendly reminder that you can play Metroid Prime in VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBR7UqRYsc
>>
>>344728708
Post again when it doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>344729404
it was captured/recorded in a weird manner. It's only showing one eye view expanded
>>
>>344728708
So this is just MP on a more immersive monitor yeah? No additional gyro/movement shit?
>>
https://youtu.be/U8eM1e6gg5I?t=12s

Another video
>>
Okay but how does this work and how does one set it up? Does it still just require a controller to play?
>>
>>344728708
This would be a good game for it, but I'm fine with playing it the regular way. On gamecube, of course. Anyone who prefers the wii port is a pleb.
>>
>>344731321
I always had a feeling it did that: Rendering only what's in the FOV and destroying what isn't.
>>
>>344732550
why? it has a better controller...
>>
>>344732952

>Anon doesn't know this is how all video games work
>>
>>344733008
No it doesn't. There's nothing wrong with the gamecube controller and the control scheme of the first 2 prime games.
>>
>>344733172
I have insane nostalgia for the first two prime games and that's just an objectively wrong fact.
the controller is obviously stupid for FPS and it's really gay metroid prime wasn't just designed for a computer.
>>
File: controllerFront.jpg (120 KB, 900x587) Image search: [Google]
controllerFront.jpg
120 KB, 900x587
>>344733172
>There's nothing wrong with the gamecube controller
This shit right here after a couple hours. Your fingers touch the sides over and over and push down on them every time. It's like a razor on them, it's by far the worst part.
>>
>>344733360
There is nothing wrong with the way that game controls. I never had any problems with it and i've played plenty of typical FPS games. It's simply off putting and confusing for anyone who's used to playing other fps games and doesn't have the mental capacity to adapt to it. MP was never designed like a typical fps anyway.
>>
>>344733172
No, the trilogy version is the the definitive way to play those games.
>>
>>344733534
I have never had that happen to me. Must be you.

>>344733660
You're a pleb. That's all there is to it. You weren't intelligent enough to adapt to the control scheme.
>>
>>344733660
Unless you want to do fun glitches, then you're stuck with the GC versions. Nearly everything fun is either patched out or so hard to do it's basically a TAS strat.
>>
>>344733650
>>344733863
wtf does "adapt" to the control scheme mean?
you died in a metroid prime game at some point in your life wtf.
>>
>>344734198
No shit, but I never had a problem with the controls.

>>344733865
Playing the game is fun. What's this bullshit about glitching it?
>>
>>344734319
well yea, it's not like the game actually has controls at all.
that's my issue.
>>
>>344734319
>What's this bullshit about glitching it?
GC has the added bonus of getting to do stuff like Secret Worlds, sequence breaks, huge skips in general. Wii's lucky if it gets stuff like early Space Jump. You can't even Screw Attack into a Morph Ball slot on Echoes to get out of bounds anymore.
>>
File: Animal_Crossing_Logo[1].png (165 KB, 385x259) Image search: [Google]
Animal_Crossing_Logo[1].png
165 KB, 385x259
>>344728708
Friendly reminder that you can play Animal Crossing in VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN9GWQAhA14
>>
>>344734423
Explain. I want to hear this.

>>344734441
Sounds dumb to be honest. The game is good enough that I've never gotten bored enough to think about shit like that, at least the first one anyway. Never cared for the second one.
>>
>>344733172
>Dpad
>Z button
>Only one analog for an FPS game, making moving/aiming/strafing a clusterfuck

Nice meme
>>
>>344734715
It doesn't make moving/aiming/strafing difficult. You just aren't intelligent enough to adapt to it in the first half hour or so. I guess you just play it for a few minutes and go "THIS IS TOO HARD IT DOESN'T PLAY LIKE HALO" then turn it off.

>YOU HAVE TO HOLD THE R TRIGGER TO MANUALLY AIM???? THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!

The game has a lock on feature for a reason, retard.
>>
>>344734597
Not anon, but Metroid as a series is well known for sequence breaking and speedrunning, hence why that other anon is talking about the GC version since most of the breaks are only doable on it.
>>
File: 1411601839568.jpg (61 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1411601839568.jpg
61 KB, 441x411
>>344728708
>preview thumbnail has the exact same angle as OPs picture

Just make it a little bit more obvious next time that you are just shilling your shitty video faggot.
>>
>>344734597
okay so what I mean is it HAS controls they're just simplistic bullshit which can be a good thing if you mean intuitive but I mean they're gay digital shit instead of cool analog visceral inputs. like, the game isn't about analog equations because it's actually about spamming the lock on to turn quicker and the Don't Get Hit Button at timings so it ruins the insanely cool atmosphere the games project because they had to design around shitty thumbsticks that exist on every controller. but it would've actually been gayer if they made you aim because you're aiming with gay ass thumbsticks that suck at everything.

It also has the effect of actually making it possible to have any kind of real threat because if you made it harder it'd just turn into pure autism instead of interesting emergent gameplay.

like, I'm just imagining leading weird projectiles at targets and having INSANE momentum with speed booster and the game can't even have that thanks to control limitations.
>>
>>344735648
It's from the boxart, retard.
>>
>>344736207
You need to be 18 to post here. I never had any of those "problems" you just described.
>>
>>344736281
I know, you fucking faggot. Its that they are both using the exact identical crop but the video thumbnail just added the VR shit.
>>
>>344736541
That crop is the third Google image result for 'metroid prime', cuntmuffin.
>>
>>344732550
>>344733172
>>344733863
Wii control scheme is instantly better for free aiming while locked on.
>>
>>344736787
Why do you want to free aim while locked on? What's the advantage of this?
>>
>>344736537
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JustAKid
>>
>>344733863
this anons brain is melting
>>
>>344736903
you can take out smaller threats on the side while still being locked on to another enemy, if anything is about to dodge you might be able to still get it at a split second hard lock on would just barely miss. It doesn't make things particularly harder or easier but it still adds a bit of more freedom to the player, really you might as well always be able to aim your shot yourself.
>>
>>344737410
I had no issue with the controls in MP, so obviously my brain is just fine.
>>
>>344735648
Nice catch.
>>
>>344737580
I never feel a desire for this. You lock on to an enemy, you kill it, repeat. This works just fine. The game isn't about aiming your shots.
>>
>>344736748
>It is just a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""coincidence"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Sure thing, shitcake.
>>
>>344737984
>The game isn't about aiming your shots.
Its about exploration yes but that doesn't make constant free aiming not an improvement for a game where combat is all shooting.
>>
>>344738246
No need for constant free aiming. I've done just fine without it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.