[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Overwatch, Borderlands, and Indivisible have permanently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: manlytarget.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
manlytarget.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
>Overwatch, Borderlands, and Indivisible have permanently "triggered" /v/ into shouting "viral" about almost any new game thread

Here's the purpose of this thread:
In this thread you talk about a game you honestly like and ignore all naysays. This is your chance to talk about how you like some pixelshit like Fez, or unironically enjoy Overwatch, or that you even actually liked Read Only Memories or Undertale tumblrshit. If you normally catch shit for liking a vidya, this is the place we're gonna try and discuss it today.

Talk about your obscure games, your early access games, the one you love that everyone else fucking despises. THIS IS YOUR TIME.

Here's mine:
I liked Suikoden 4 even though I know its bad and killed the series. Its not my fav, but I did actually just like it, more than Suiko 3
>>
dunno if anyone necessarily despises it, but Gundam SideStory 0079 for the Dreamcast.
>>
Bioshock: Infinite was pretty fun
>>
I legitmately love ARK and feel it came miles since its release and is a far better game. All the hate threads I saw on it had me convinced never to try it, but its devs were super active and the game is at least three times what it was when /v/ had a huge shitfit over it. My friend basically annoyed me into trying it and now its my top game.
>>
Drakengard 3 is my favorite Taro game.
>>
Cloudlands VR Minigolf is fucking great, anyone else hyped for the workshop update?
>>
>>344722362
I love Crosscode but because its Early Access I get pooped on any time I bring it up.

Best zelda/wild arms-style puzzles ever, devs are fucking genius
>>
>>344722362
I liked Rising Thunder. A lot. Spent a lot of time on it. But then nobody gave a fuck and then it shut down from one day to the next as if even the devs were giving up. It still makes me sad sometimes. Man I liked that game a lot.
>>
File: Mastersbox.jpg (214 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Mastersbox.jpg
214 KB, 600x600
>>344722362
All these games stand nothing to this. Dunno why it sucked me in, but in my teenage years, PS1 fighting games got me fucking diamonds. Star Wars was already top tier for me, and so this just worked, especially with siblings to fuck around with. Runner-up in the same genre/same shtick would be DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22.
>>
>>344724613
I'm heavily watching this but I'm not buying until release. Playing EA spoils the experience once the full game gets made, I learned this from Darkest Dungeon and I liked Crosscode demo enough to not go EA.

I have been playing recently Mystik Belle, a charming adventure game that happens to play like a metroidvania too. Animations are very janky though
>>
File: underhell.webm (3 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
underhell.webm
3 MB, 1200x675
Underhell is the best game to come out of 2013.
>>
Borderlands 2 is my favourite FPS of all times.
>>
>>344725024
I thought /v/ fucking loved that mod
>>
File: 1365467388883.png (128 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1365467388883.png
128 KB, 640x480
>>344725110
I liked 1 but not 2.
>>
File: rule-of-rose-20051219042620997.jpg (12 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
rule-of-rose-20051219042620997.jpg
12 KB, 640x346
Rule of Rose, broken as fuck controls but it had a great and weird atmosphere for a horror game.
>>
File: 1467568439305.jpg (345 KB, 1420x840) Image search: [Google]
1467568439305.jpg
345 KB, 1420x840
Bioshock Infinite is great. It's pretty much the same game as Bioshock 1, and 1's plot twist was far more retarded.

Even though it's not vidya, MtG needs a better digital version and A FUCKING WRPG ALREADY
>>
>>344725167
Most of the people that played it loved it but compared to the love the Undertale Demo got in 2013 it was definitely out of the spotlight
>>
>>344725002
I get you bro. Sometimes I wonder if I should have waited, but it already bit me and I keep wanting more.

It took me about 15 hours to do "everything" and from my understanding the world is still only 25% complete. Thing is gonna be like multiple .hack// games combined when its finally finished.

The demo probably didn't show you one of the best parts about getting further in. You get diff skill trees based on the "elemental" mode you're in. Its almost like quickswapping classes aside from magic. This starts to get insanely nutters when they toss puzzles at you that require you to quickswap 5 times during real-time fast paced shit to solve a puzzle. It gets really hectic and hair-raising sometimes. But I love it.
>>
>>344725361
Sounds really amazing, any word on a release date? If by fall or winter sale the game is not out yet then I guess that I will bite the bullet
>>
>>344725239
I want another god damn battlegrounds game. That shit was fun as fuck.
>>
>>344725361
No clue, they come out with a patch every month ish. Recently all their patches were shoving the dungeons/areas ahead, the story was like 3 patches behind the content. Now they're catching the story up. Considering just how well designed their dungeons are, I'm betting 2-3 more months on just the next dungeon. And we're guaranteed 2-4 more total by my estimate. The zones on the world map are only covering 1/3rd of it, and I think there's supposed to be "more" areas than on the map.

Its not that they're slow, trust me, when you're in the game its going to be so crowded/shit to do it feels like being tossed into an oldschool mmo with no tutorials. So if you're waiting for it to come out this year, I say no fucking way. I bet they will be filling that game till NEXT christmas.
>>
>>344725920
I'll wait then, still glad to know that shit like that is in the works
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.