[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does your family feel about you playing vidya /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: video-games.jpg (163 KB, 1600x893) Image search: [Google]
video-games.jpg
163 KB, 1600x893
How does your family feel about you playing vidya /v/?
>>
My mom is cool with it, she still plays Tetris and Galaga herself (she got to level 72 off of one quarter when we went to the arcade once when I was a kid, shit was hype).

My dad is also cool with it. Pikmin was his favorite game, he and I used to have a blast taking turns playing Pikmin before he got disabled.
>>
>>344721384
Pa plays space engineers, tf2, war thunder, and a whole bunch of other shit. Just learned that he got the exact same graphics card as me on the same day coincidentally.

But Ma? Ma'll never understand vidya.
>>
My stepdad thinks they're terrible and aiding in the dumbing down of society and the reason why kids have ADD and depression etc etc. My mom used to play shit like Quake and Unreal Tournament and Half Life though so she doesn't see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>344721384
My mom and sister don't much care about vidya, my dad got mildly entertained once by watching me play Destroy All Humans!

When I was a teenager they'd bug me about not getting anything done, little motivation, my sister's friends called me a nerd, etc. But now that I'm a functioning adult with a career everybody can (and did) fuck off with their opinions and I spend my time how I want, judgement free.
>>
File: 1468038818789.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1468038818789.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>"Video games are a waste of time!"
>They go back to watching TV
>>
desu I hate it more than they ever did
>>
>>344721384
They don't mind because I'm also competent in other things.

My dad also understands there's some games that make you think instead of just mindless bullshit and he loves puzzle games
>>
>>344723258
>they watch The Learning Channel
>>
>>344723258
TV can be educational, though.
Also, nice foreverial tied up. mummified and fully delitized bun-bun.
>>
>>344723258
My grandparents have the TV on literally all day. But they also do all sorts of good and useful shit.
>>
>>344721384
My mother hasn't ever acknowledged anything I've played/showed her in my entire life so she probably hates them.
Me and my dad coop every few months though.
>>
File: me or my son.jpg (108 KB, 800x682) Image search: [Google]
me or my son.jpg
108 KB, 800x682
>>344723432
>they watch """reality""" tv
>>
They disapprove and think the time I spend playing vidya should be spent working. Boomer mentality is sickening, but it's within their interests to argue for me working and them not so I can't blame them. I just wish they would realize the fruitlessness of their scorn
>>
File: mtm.jpg (19 KB, 369x266) Image search: [Google]
mtm.jpg
19 KB, 369x266
>>344723491
Games can be educational too, r-right?
>>
My mom hates them.
Except Tetris. Tetris is the only thing she likes.

I guess she was into candy crush and one of it's derivatives for a long while, if you want to count it.
>>
File: 37472409788.jpg (87 KB, 910x620) Image search: [Google]
37472409788.jpg
87 KB, 910x620
Generally they don't care. My dad just sees it as a hobby. So long as I continue with my education/career and don't suddenly isolate myself for months he's happy with whatever I'm doing.

My mom is similar, but she also likes watching me play some games. She loves games that let you explore places or see exotic locations. She's also always enjoyed horror since she was a kid. We've gone through stuff like Uncharted 1-4, Silent Hill 2, Fallout 3, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, Metro 2033/Last Lights, and other shit whenever I come to visit.

My sister liked casual games as a kid and occasionally plays casual stuff like CoD, Gears of War, and other multiplayer stuff. We used to play things like Animal Crossing or Mario Party, but it's been years and years since then.

I'm pretty happy with my family's views on it. I'm not put down or thought weirdly for being into vidya, so long as I don't turn into a total recluse.
>>
>>344723752
YOU WON'T FIND ADOBE
HERE IN NAIROBI

I probably would have learned a lot of shit from this game as a kid if I had actually been able to figure out how it works.
>>
>>344722667
Fuck, i'm like your dad.
>>
My mom seems to dislike them because its the only thing I care about. Although she does play mobile stuff on her phone.
>>
>>344722763
That's a pretty funny contrast.

>>344721384
My mom would give me some flack about them when I was a kid, and she refused to let me buy new games. My dad was ultra chill and would slip me games I wanted every once in a while on the car rides to school, always telling me not to tell mom with a wink.

I'm an adult now, so out of sight out of mind.
>>
File: 1460435268474.jpg (83 KB, 301x314) Image search: [Google]
1460435268474.jpg
83 KB, 301x314
My mother absolutely hates it
Ironic as it is, she was the one that got me into them when I was a child.
Now when I come home and decide I wanna play a game for a little bit she sighs, rolls her eyes and mutters something under her breath along the lines that I need to get a life.
I work 40 hours a week, have my own car, pay rent and insurance. why the fuck can't I play some vidya in my down time?
>>
>>344724404
she wants grandchildren, you manchild fuck
>>
>>344724404
Every time I buy something with my own money my mother always goes, OH, what did you get THIIIIS time? in a sarcastic as fuck voice

and then she wonders why none of her children want to talk to her or be around her
>>
File: compwha.jpg (47 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
compwha.jpg
47 KB, 500x403
My dad doesn't care. He plays WoW and RTS's all day.
>>
>>344724753
like fuck she does.
she's always been super picky about who I bring home regardless of how nice and sweet they are.
It's not like its particularly easy to find a girl willing to date a man who still lives with his parents anyhow. It just screams pathetic loser
>>
>>344724404
Because no matter how much you are genetically predisposed to love her regardless of anything else, she's still a woman and they're NEVER fucking happy. Ever. Aren't capable of it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.