[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is Strange thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
>>
Mark Jefferson gets me super hard. Am i the only one?
>>
>>344717613
The idea of him tying me up and then killing me after taking photos of me makes me wet
>>
>>344717613
hes the only one who isn't a child so yeah he's pretty much the default state
>>
>>344717613
honestly his face looks like his face is smeared with chocolate
>>
>>344717524
>>344717524
i didnt play this game, but it looks awful and as if only tumblr could like it, yet here we are. it reeks of boring stereotypical white people that think they are unique or special
>>
I'd have to admit I wasn't expecting the jefferson reveal, but overall the game is pretty bad.

If you're going to make a narrative focused game make sure your writing is actually good.
>>
>>344718124
The confederate gun nut is the good guy in the end
>>
>>344718230
>French
>>
I thought the game was great
>>
I love and hate the game. I get really immersed in it and like the characters but damn the dialogue, and ending make me pretty upset.
>>
>>344721025
>>344718230
>>344720270

its like watching a dubbed french film
>>
at first I found the story boring as fuck and max a poor man's april ryan. but the end chapters changed my opinion. the trippy nightmare was great, and sacrificing chloe at the end was fuckin sad and emotional, even though she was an annoying bitch most of the time

also bondage max makes muh dick diamonds. Jefferson is a faggot for not going full rance on her
>>
Seriously, I was super built up during the game for the 16+ endings based on every dumb combo of choices, and instead we get 2 endings where nothing mattered.

I expected to play this game through four or five times and then give up because I'd seen all the endings I wanted to see.

I guess it's a case of building the audience hype higher than your actual ability to deliver on it. I mean I was thinking conspiracies like Nathan's dad killed an Indian shaman for evil power, and the universe was channeling through Max to kill him back.

I had it all worked out. If you blew off Chloe too much, she wouldn't trust you enough as a friend and some big choice at the end would turn out bad for her. But if you were too much of an ass to David, he'd blow you off and screw something else over.

Same for each guy who has one of those super choices, with a few of the side characters thrown in for good measure to surprise you at the end for forgetting to help them or for solving all their problems.

Like I had this whole system of weights where you had to balance out relationships and sell people short in order to achieve 'good end'.

For the ending, I was really hoping the twist was that Max was stuck in a time loop. Every time she couldn't save Chloe, she'd go back in time to try again to save her, but would always suffer amnesia.

Then when you reached the end, you'd have the choice to let Chloe die, go back in time to save her (thus succumbing to the same fate as before) or let her die and move on.

But if you were smart - like if you'd played the game a couple times and knew how all the choices played out - you could engineer extra ending scenarios for yourself by minmaxing choices. Like you've been stuck in the time loop long enough that Max is figuring out how to break the cycle.

I guess what I'm most angsty about is how they crafted all these characters and this world, had an amazing introduction, and then failed to deliver on the consequences they hinted at.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 214x292) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 214x292
this suave motherfucker
>lots of artistic muses, bitches love dem drawings, max can barely hold her cunt from gushing
>MLADY epic memay t-shirt
>great animu taste, likes Miyazaki
>gets the cute asian

based
>>
>>344723884
>expecting actual consequences from telltale-like movie games

you set yourself up for disappointment anon. it was obvious from the beginning that nothing really mattered. at least the story was kinda nice, better than telltale stuff, maybe TWAU is on par with it, actually
>>
>>344724762

In my defense I'd never played a telltale game before LiS.

I have since, and now I'm much more careful of expecting anything too deep from the genre.
>>
>>344723884
It's about the journey not the ending.
The game even says it somewhere.
>>
>>344725190
have you played alpha protocol? the shooting/stealth gameplay is awful, but the choices & consequences stuff is fantastic. tons of reactivity.

age of decadence is cool in this respect too, but it plays mostly like a CYOA with some horrible turn based combat
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.