[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OH LOOK ANOTHER POKEMON GO THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
You don't have to go to certain locations to find certain pokemon. There's a timer on how long the game is running, a certain a measurement system on how far you travel, and how many of the same everyday pokemon you caught that specific day. When you meet all the of those requirements, the game will throw an undiscovered pokemon your way to keep things fresh and make you feel as though you're making progress. I enjoy this game as much as the next guy, but this game isin't all that in depth as people (Especially the creeators) make it out to be, so please, I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop acting like it is.

>I want source on your claims

Fuck off, been playing since day 1 beta.
>>
File: bubblesRAGE.jpg (166 KB, 541x405) Image search: [Google]
bubblesRAGE.jpg
166 KB, 541x405
>>344717483
>so please, I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop acting like it is.
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
source on claims
>>
File: 1414951289045.jpg (25 KB, 522x583) Image search: [Google]
1414951289045.jpg
25 KB, 522x583
>>344717663
I enjoy this game as much as the next guy, but this game isin't all that in depth as people (Especially the creeators) make it out to be, so please, I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop acting like it is.

worse then the fucking "Trigger'd" fags on tumblr, you just skim the wall of text for the part that you don't like.
>>
>>344717663
That second part isn't what he meant at all. If anything that's a good tip so I can just leave it on in my house all day like a fatass.
>>
>>344717663
he literally says he "enjoys the game as much as the next guy" right before that...
>>
>>344717483
Ingress is needlessly complex and boring.
>>
>>344717663
>I enjoy this game as much as the next guy, but this game isin't all that in depth
>>
>>344717847
forgot the ">"
>>
Well if ive never heard of ingress theyre obviously shite at marketing so they deserve their lack of attention
>>
File: Omar_Epps_Chinchilluh_Killuh.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Omar_Epps_Chinchilluh_Killuh.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>344717663
>>
is their actually source on claim
>>
>>344718163
Pokemon GO's advertising was handled by a major company called nintendo & gamefreak.... Niantic had to handle every step of their game (Ingress) without the help of any major company and that includes advertising. Most people knew about it, just because you didn't doesn't mean...you know what..never mind..lol..
>>
>>344718001
Ingress is also really abstract and impersonal looking. Pokemon though is friendly, inviting, and humane. Niantic and Nintendo was a match made in heaven.
>>
>>344718271
do some searching online about it, I'm sure one of the other beta testers wrote about it in their shitty blog. I personally thought they'd change this, but I guess they decided not too and pull a todd howard on us
>>
I played Ingress very briefly but I remember driving far into bumfuck before I could find anything I could do as a new player. Pokemon Go allows me to sit on my ass in my apartment and catch Pokemon and if I choose to leave, I can catch them literally everywhere. Unless I'm remember incorrectly, everything in Ingress was based on those portals.
>>
File: 553167856.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
553167856.gif
2 MB, 300x169
i enjoyed ingress for a short time, although i never made too much progress. i think i took over a bowling alley once.
>>
>>344718842
>Niantic and Nintendo was a match made in heaven.

Hi

btw the game has been out for like 5 days now
>>
>>344719086
gif not related but still one of my favorite gifs
>>
File: 1428194540996.png (82 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1428194540996.png
82 KB, 401x372
>>344719078
>Pokemon Go allows me to sit on my ass in my apartment and catch Pokemon

I see so many people saying this...how are you guy doing this? Do you guys just use the incense and sit in front of the TV while pokemon come to you until the incense expires?
>>
File: 20160709090611245[1].jpg (43 KB, 250x400) Image search: [Google]
20160709090611245[1].jpg
43 KB, 250x400
>>344719102
>>344719102
>>344719102
pic didn't upload for some reason
>>
Anyone know if I submit a landmark to Niantic through ingress, and they approve, will it show up in Pokemon Go? The portals in that game are gyms and shops in Go
>>
inb4 neigborhoods start calling cops on poke pedos the same way they do ingressfags.
>>
/v/ told me that no one cares if you play pokemon go and I would look just like all the other faggots that walk around looking at their phone. a group of normies started yelling at me from a distance about pokemon go and laughing as i walked by :(
>>
>>344719636
yes, that works, but it will be included in the next update (if there is one)
>>
>>344717483
>that image
Brand recognition, son
>>
>>344719078
>Pokemon Go allows me to sit on my ass in my apartment and catch Pokemon

unless you use incense or pay irl money
>>
>>344717483
>What is brand power
Also that picture was from Reddit
>>
>>344717483
My sister is insane about Ingress. She's been absolutely obsessed with it for years.

She flew to fucking Switzerland from the US just to do shit in the game.
>>
its actually incredible the amount of bullshit that nintendo gets away with
>>
>>344717483
Ingress fucking sucks though
>>
All of that is wrong though, I don't run into tentacool or other water Pokemon in my suburb, but as soon as I go down to the gulf, I run into tentacool, Krabby, Squirtle, magikarp
>>
You silly peasant casuals; I've completed Pokémon: GO 2 days ago using a jailbroken, Japanese copy of the APK software that I was able to install on my phone 2 weeks ago. I have not joined one silly, childish faction since I started my game save. My top Pokemon, a shiny Alakazam, has reached prestige 10, CP 6,509, and knows moves Shadow ball and psychic. I was able to reach this height only using my raw skill. So rethink your silly "opinion" on your "cool" team Instinct, because your peasant mind would never be able to comprehend the level of skill that I have reached, kid.
>>
>>344717483
In my honest opinion about Pokemon is that it should have ended after Emerald, Ruby, SApphire etc. It's literally just the same mechanics with a little bit more pumped up visuals. It's literally nintendo's own call of duty.
>>
File: billy bonka.jpg (8 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
billy bonka.jpg
8 KB, 235x214
>>344720668
Oh..so you saw this on your *le redditt website first pussy? Well I guess that makes it the birthplace of not only this, but of all mankind doesn't it? I bet the newgrounds videos you see on youtube originated on youtube as well, yes?
>>
I played ingress when it had just come out and hated it
>>
>>344719386
You just sit down in your apartment and a pokemon appears every hour or so. Your phone even vibrates when it happens.
I live in the suburb of a small city, and everything is miles apart. Short walks don't do much for me so I supplement with that method.
>>
>>344721089
>two special moves
nice bait
>>
Is Pokémon Go a video game or does it just turn your life into a video game?
>>
>>344717847
>but this game isin't all that in depth as people (Especially the creeators) make it out to be

I've never seen anyone, in reality or on /v/, claim that Pokemon GO has a single 'deep' mechanic.

People play it to catch pokemon and tap gyms to take them over.

Nobody based in reality was expecting Smogonfest Mobile.
>>
>>344721089
>I've completed Pokémon: GO 2 days ago using a jailbroken, Japanese copy of the APK software
> I was able to reach this height only using my raw skill
>>
File: 1382317645613.gif (2 MB, 312x180) Image search: [Google]
1382317645613.gif
2 MB, 312x180
>>344721468
you die in pokemon go you die in real life
>>
>>344721576
they even said at E3 that you can only find unique pokemon in certain places (Rivers, ontop mountains, caves, etc)
>>
>>344717483
>that pic
this
fucking normies I swear, I remember being mad about similar thing few years ago but can't remember what it was
>>
>>344717663
>BEHEAD THOSE WHO CRITICIZE NINTENDO
>>
>>344717483
>pic
Because grinding nodes is the same as stamp collecting pokemon

Also
>1/5 the features
Oh fuck right off, Ingress was a pile of shit from day 1 and its still a pile of shit.

The developers have 1 gimmick and thats it.
>>
This shit is out of control, I have girls in my facebook that I would have never thought were into Pokemon at all talking about this shit and asking me about pokemons because they know I like videogames . I wonder if its going to last tho.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.