[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ it's terrible! That game you've been working on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 23752893572892537.jpg (43 KB, 553x415) Image search: [Google]
23752893572892537.jpg
43 KB, 553x415
/v/ it's terrible!
That game you've been working on got fucked up before your deadline
the gameplay is fine, but you can only save one of two things:

The graphics or the music

One will be amazing while the other will be shit
Which do you save?
>>
>>344715159
Graphics

Look at how Fallout New Vegas turned out.
>>
>>344715159
Graphics and then make sure there is a separate volume slider for the music so people can mute it if it's really that bad.
>>
>>344715159
SAVE THE MUSIC
if it can work for memedertale it can work for us
>>
>>344715159
How shit we talking? On a scale of 1 to 10?
>>
>>344715271
I meant music.

I'm so confused and drunk right now leave me alone.
>>
>>344715354
Fallout New Vegas' soundtrack was good but I don't think it really works as an example for this situation because most of the music was licensed or from previous fallout games.
>>
>>344715159
Depends on the game. For example, if it's an action game those are both bad losses, but you need the crunchy animations so it feels good.
>>
Look up the games where Tim Follin was the composer and then tell me wether you save the graphics or the graphics.
>>
Graphics are worthless, music enchants people into going in a trance and makes them actually believe the game is good.
>>
>>344715159
Shit graphics, great music.

People will probably say the graphics look like shit in 5 years anyways but a great soundtrack can sell games decades later.
>>
>>344715790
>>344715820
Condensed bullshit in it's purest state.
>>
>>344715934
No, that's kickstarter pitches.
>>
>>344715934
>what is undertale
>>
>>344715159

Save the graphics, as they will be needed for whatever gameplay I came up with. Release a patch with fixed music later on.
>>
Music because audio is timeless and graphics are not.
>>
Music. Nothing ruins a game faster than terrible music. And considering how many games get away with looking like ass these days, graphics are hardly important. Look at Undertale as a good example. Kinda ass pixel art, but some damn good music that people still remix and obsess over.
>>
graphics.

I usually just mute the music and listen to podcasts anyhow.
>>
>>344715159
Neither, I make sure the mobile port is working properly.
>>
>>344715271
>>344715302
>>344716164
>>344716512
>the game you were working on was guitar hero
>>
File: haunted2.png (287 KB, 1059x542) Image search: [Google]
haunted2.png
287 KB, 1059x542
>>344715159
Music. It's pretty much how my game is anyway.
>>
>>344716150
>implying Undertale's selling point was the music alone

The demos' music wasnt even a 10th of the game's final soundtrack, Toby made the game break away from the regular RPG formula by borrowing from the shoot'em up genre and also playing with your heart strings.

Say what you want about the story and the fanbase but you cant pin it's success on music alone because the gameplay was solid aswel.
>>
Music. $5 says any game I made wouldn't emphasize graphics in the first place.
>>
Music. Both Hotline Miami games are a prime example of this.
>>
Music. I'm not even joking, consider Undertale.
>>
Didn't that sonic rpg for the ds lose the music and had to make some shit during the last week of production?
look how that turned out for them
I'll take the good music
>>
>>344719232
Oh yeah that midi fart sounding one. What was it called?
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 239x210) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 239x210
>>344719404
Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood
Here's a sample of the sound track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08
>>
Music. Look at Persona 3 and 4, mediocre social simulators with jrpg elements.

But you add in some catchy tunes and it gets a huge niche fanbase
>>
>>344719956
Yup. Just as bad as I remember.

Midis should be illegal.
>>
>>344715354
Take some tylenol anon, hope you feel better
>>
>>344718424

wow it's almost like the OP said the gameplay was fine and we were only choosing the graphics or the music to be shit
>>
>>344715159
the music foR shure, in games only matter the music, mechanics and a little of story
>>
>>344715159
What the fuck are you on about? i have a department for design and a different one for music. Not to mention i'm giving the buyers what was promised so i'd rather delay the game then sell it at less than expected.
>>
Music

Art Style != Graphics, so, the game might still look good, just low poly, low res and without fancy AO and shit.

Art Style + Music = Atmosphere

Atmosphere sells. It's a no brainer
>>
>>344715467
Most of the ambient OST is New Vegas specific, the tracks from FO1 and 2 generally only play in rare circumstances
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.