[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that it's basically confirmed we're getting this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (35 KB, 380x243) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
35 KB, 380x243
Now that it's basically confirmed we're getting this, how will it work?
>>
It wouldn't work and it'll never happen.
Pokemon Go's success stems from nostalgic fantasies and competition
>>
(You)
>>
>>344715308
>implying it won't pander to OOT/MM babies
>>
>>344715152
>Now that it's basically confirmed we're getting this
Source.
>>
>>344715418
>MM countdown
You may be onto something
>>
>>344715152

Simplified Skyward Sword combat with motion swipes.
>>
You'll come upon various octoroks and stalfos and slash at them with kokiri swords but they break after one use and you'll go to various landmarks to stock up on bombs and disposable swords and walmarts will be "puzzles" where you have to figure out which isle has the treasure chest filled with one-time use items.
>>
>>344715152
>take a walk in the park
>hear someone screaming
lolwtf.jpg
>go investigate
>see some kid waving his phone around screaming hya hya hya at the top of his lungs
>after a while he stops and checks his phone
>he casually walks away
lmao.gif
>go up to him
>asks "wtf man?
>"oh, it's this new game Zelda Go
>i laughed hard, punched him in the gut
>steals his master phone
>walk away saying "Gerudo pride, Triforce of power represent"
>>
>>344715514
Nintendo's stock.
>>
>>344715152
I don't know, Zelda just doesn't seem suited for mobile.

Maybe something like Tetra's Trackers could work maybe?
>>
Paper Mario go where you can collect Mario enemies and name and dress them up in unique outfits so that they are your unique partners.
>>
>>344716148
>Modern Paper Mario
>Partners
>Unique outfits
>>
I think Digimon Go would've made more sense than Pokemon since seeing Digimon in the real world would be crazy and more connected to the anime.
>>
File: minecraft__140227211000.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
minecraft__140227211000.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
>Microsoft contacts Niantic
>Minecraft Go becomes a thing
Hell there's a fucking Forbes article about it
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/07/11/why-microsoft-needs-to-copy-pokemon-go-and-release-minecraft-ar-on-mobile-asap/
>>
>>344717683
How the fuck would minecraft AR work
>>
>>344717785
>Imagine going out into the real world and finding materials to use for crafting and building where they would be in real life. A park or woods to find dirt and rock; a lake or beach to add water, and so forth. Add to this augmented reality zombies for a sense of danger.
>Then, imagine you could just walk down the street to find other peoples’ creations, or team up with friends to build truly impressive AR structures and worlds—in the real world.
>I’m not sure if this would necessarily be as popular as Pokémon GO, but it’s literally the only other IP I can think of that could even come close.
>There will be many Pokémon GO imitators, and most of them will be a total disaster. Some may be relatively successful, but without the Pokémon brand behind them, they simply won’t have that special something to be a truly massive hit the way this game has been.
>Minecraft might, however. But Microsoft can’t limit it to Windows Phone or HoloLens. This needs to be on iOS and Android if it wants to succeed. The time is ripe for augmented reality—something many people had written off as virtual reality took the spotlight. Minecraft AR could be both really cool and a huge hit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.